TGP & Laser mavs

chris_lancaster

Hello,

Whilst learning how to implement laser guided bombs and mavs, I came across two issues.

I can get LGBs to track the laser to a designated target and hit it fine, but not the mavs. I am doing the same thing in the tgp, slewing to a target and lasing it, uncaging the mav and seeing a white brick on the the mav screen. However the mav just seems to fire straight and not hit?

Secondly once I have hit a target with an lgb on my tgp, I go to slew to another target and it will not move. I have to undesignated to center and re-slew to the area. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Chris.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Hello,

there is a known issue with the TGP that may be affecting your MAV's. The lazer is modeled/simulated to a max distance of around 8nm... if i remember correctly. So as such, your MAV target is technically floating in space. The Mav is following this floating point.

Try and close the distance to around 5-6nm at try again to see if this works.

Thanks.

Hello,

Whilst learning how to implement laser guided bombs and mavs, I came across two issues.

I can get LGBs to track the laser to a designated target and hit it fine, but not the mavs. I am doing the same thing in the tgp, slewing to a target and lasing it, uncaging the mav and seeing a white brick on the the mav screen. However the mav just seems to fire straight and not hit?

Secondly once I have hit a target with an lgb on my tgp, I go to slew to another target and it will not move. I have to undesignated to center and re-slew to the area. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Chris.

Are you using the default laser code 1688? Is there a chance others are using the same code? Maybe try something random like 1650?

I can still fire Mav's fine from around 8-10 miles out - Acquire target, Fire Laser, Uncage Seeker, lockup cue diamond "in Range" and fire - are you waiting for the "In Range" Cue?

The Mav's are very slow in flight so I tend to slow down to as to not overfly the target and lose camera track.

As for slewing on the TGP you need TDC to be active (underlined on TPOD screen) is there anything you might be pressing to deactivate it, I turn this ON/OFF when using IR Mavs so i can slew between the two - Other than that are you using Waypoint to 'Designate' the T-POD if so remove DESIGNATE from the EHSD or just bump the WP to release it

Thinking about it are you using the correct MAV's for lasing if you was using IR Mavs by mistake you might

A)Fire into distance B) Lose TDC for the T-POD :-)

Edited by SavageSquirrels

Are you using the default laser code 1688? Is there a chance others are using the same code? Maybe try something random like 1650?

I can still fire Mav's fine from around 8-10 miles out - Acquire target, Fire Laser, Uncage Seeker, lockup cue diamond "in Range" and fire - are you waiting for the "In Range" Cue?

The Mav's are very slow in flight so I tend to slow down to as to not overfly the target and lose camera track.

As for slewing on the TGP you need TDC to be active (underlined on TPOD screen) is there anything you might be pressing to deactivate it, I turn this ON/OFF when using IR Mavs so i can slew between the two - Other than that are you using Waypoint to 'Designate' the T-POD if so remove DESIGNATE from the EHSD or just bump the WP to release it

Thinking about it are you using the correct MAV's for lasing if you was using IR Mavs by mistake you might

A)Fire into distance B) Lose TDC for the T-POD :-)

Hi Squirrel,

Yes I'm definately using the laser mavs, I can use the ir mavs fine. I am sure I have engaged within 8nm, however I am not sure what the in range cue looks like. on the youtube videos they just seem to fire at the lased target and it works.

So when I go back to wanting to slew on the tpod, I have to make sure that TDC is underlined? I haven't paid any attention to this so I don't know if it was or wasn't. I will play around with the TDC and wp increment etc. Thanks for the advice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

yeh im making sure tdc is selected so that solves the slewing problem. I don't alter or touch the laser code as I am practicing on my own mission at the moment. The mav still won't fly to target however. I have been watching this video for instruction, which is a bit old now:

I'm doing what spudknocker is. Tpod slew over the target and turn the laser on it. I uncage the mav, and the white block normally isn't in view on the mav screen until I nose down on target. With the laser turned on I fire, and the mav leaves the rail but just goes straight. Am I missing certain target designation buttons for the tpod or something does anyone know?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not been on for a while - are you not setting a laser code at all? I think it's required - Note the harrier resets it's laser code each time you get weight on wheels too. Try setting the laser code to 1688 - To do this Press MAV in the stores management - the UFC will light up with 4 digits - enter 1688 Enter (sometimes this is buggy and only accepts 2 numbers, press any 2 numbers and press enter, then it should let you enter 4 numbers, press ent) - if you have trouble setting the laser code via the Mavs SMS page. You can set the laser code using the DMT page then go back to the SMS - try your run in again and about 6-10 miles the "In Range" cue shows on the centre right of the HUD (in Ground mode)

let me know if you've already sorted it or this works for you! - happy to help