GUN RATE swithes to HIGH when opening ACM Cover

Worrazen

Seems like a bug to me. Release version, I only have trial period so in about a few hours I won't be able to test anything more AFAIK.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Not a bug. The ACM cover is a shortcut for configuring the aircraft for a short range engagement. Logic goes that by throwing the most rounds into a single spot in the shortest time possible, this maximizes your chances of destroying the enemy (assuming your aim is decent), so the lifting the ACM cover automatically flips the cannon into high ROF.

Super weird if you ask me, for a cover to have an action behind it.

I was in a hurry ofcourse due to cirmustances, I'll have to go through the training missions tho, the time I have left.

So I guess this thread is -> "NOT BUG"

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Think of it less as a cover and more as a switch, the switch just happens to hide another button. Most of the time when I engage ACM mode, I do not hit the ACM Jett button.

Flipping the ACM switch will turn on Missile Prep and SW cooling if not on already, set the gun rate to high, set HUD to A/A mode, and enable an option that reduces the firing prep time for Sparrows and Phoenixes which reduces the time off the rail at the expense of long-range performance.