How complete is the harrier now?

98abaile

Maybe you mean 4th September :smilewink:

You're totally right, thanks for pointing that out. My bad! :P (I keep messing up with these dates, as here we use "day-month-year")

Should have read more carefully before posting :doh:. Guess I was just a little disappointed when I fired up the Harrier the other day, after not flying it for a few months, to find myself sitting in an "empty" cockpit (VR pilot body still missing I mean)

Such an immersion breaker imo (but, apparently I'm the only one, considering I never see anyone ask about this here, or in any module for that matters)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Such an immersion breaker imo (but, apparently I'm the only one, considering I never see anyone ask about this here, or in any module for that matters)

Nah, it's just hopeless. They removed pilot body from the Mirage cockpit, because the new model was supposedly just around the corner.

And here were are, a year later, still no pilot in any Razbam plane.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I was very disappointed from the Harrier, then i bought the F-18 and I've found it is far from being complete too...

No SLAVE on Target point for TGP, No TGP Box on HUD, no horizontal movement for Radar, INS bugs and more...

What can I say... Now Harrier doesn't look so bad... :megalol:

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

You're totally right, thanks for pointing that out. My bad! :P (I keep messing up with these dates, as here we use "day-month-year")

Should have read more carefully before posting :doh:. Guess I was just a little disappointed when I fired up the Harrier the other day, after not flying it for a few months, to find myself sitting in an "empty" cockpit (VR pilot body still missing I mean)

I have the same problem with dates :thumbup:

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 1 month later...
I bought this module on release and I think I've only ever flown it once, deciding it wasn't anywhere near complete enough to fly. However I've been thinking about it again, so now I want to know how complete it is, both in terms of functionality and realism?

Do you know a better simulation of this air frame for PC ?

Mizzy

Does the Harrier not have an SA page IRL?

I think this is missing in the DCS AV-8B

The nearest thing to the Hornet's SA page is AV-8B's EW Page that mixes map, route/waypoints, overlays, threat rings, RWR, etc.

As it's the EW page, it may have been considered too sensitive to model ?

In looks, it is similar to the EHSD but a little busier.

It is likely out of scope of the original Razbam design.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Do you know a better simulation of this air frame for PC ?

Mizzy

There's also no better Su-25 simulation for PC than the basic FC3 Su-25, but that's not labeled as "DCS quality" and sold at 70 bucks a pop. Weak argument IMO.

Razbam keeps adding bits and pieces of unfinished and bugged content instead of fixing basic issues that have been there since launch.

They added JDAMs, do they work properly?

THey now implement the CAS page, will it be fully implemented? What hppened to JDAMS in the meantime? - Sitting there, unifinished.

What about the other BASIC bugs and wrong system modeling?

Come on...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Does the Harrier not have an SA page IRL?

I think this is missing in the DCS AV-8B

As in link16. No, at least not the era of harrier we have, though that keeps changing. Plus we still dont have basic functionality like wind and moving target compensation, or the correct dive toss stuff that the 80s harrier had.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I was very disappointed from the Harrier, then i bought the F-18 and I've found it is far from being complete too...

No SLAVE on Target point for TGP, No TGP Box on HUD, no horizontal movement for Radar, INS bugs and more...

What can I say... Now Harrier doesn't look so bad... :megalol:

Try the jf17, at least it all more or less works.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Actually, yes I think this might be less buggy.

Surprisingly the Harrier is my most played module (I knew I played it a bit, but didn't expect it to be top).

2nd is the Hornet (another surprise, given it's EA and relatively new)

3rd is a tie with Gazelle(s), Mirage and L-39(s) having similar logbook hours.

The Huey and older modules date from a time when DCS's logbook stopped recording flight time plus I lost about 1.5 years of Campaign/logbook progress and rolled back to a backup copy (it wasn't a great loss as IIRC most stats weren't updating, just campaign progress).

So for older modules, I don't have good records to compare against.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080