Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

• ED Team

Number of switches?

Hi Trigger,

In your plan for the Ka-50 pit, what is your estimate of the total number of active switches that you will be implementing?

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.. You know what I wish for for Christmas dudes..? A complete video that show all the most important switches and triggers in the cockpit.. Nothing fancy or anything, just a tiny little thing that will clear some of the guesswork and confusion out of my head..!

Say for instance the weapons controll panel, APU panel, the one next o it and the one below it.. Because those are the ones I am building now..

Just some schematics that say "trigger no1. toggle 3-way normal center" or "trigger no2. 4-way, one up center, three down paralell, normal up position"..

I know I am asking for A LOT from you guys now.. So if you feel the need to just ignore me.. please do! And consentrate on what we're all bugging you about.. releasetime!

but I thought I'd ask just in case..

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phuuh..!

Hi Trigger,

In your plan for the Ka-50 pit, what is your estimate of the total number of active switches that you will be implementing?

Jim

I wish I had an idea of that.. So far I am going by the pics you have released, and the startup and ABRIS video and other things I can learn from other forums..

But how many ACTIVE switches..? I hope ALL OF THEM..:cry: But honestly I have no idea before you release the sim..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That should be a four-position switch - Up, Left, Lower Left, Lower Right. There is no Down position. The switch to the left should be a three position - Up, Center, Down.

..Throwing away all previous made test models in frustration, and starting over again..:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just need to say: Truly amazing project Trigger! Wish i could do that as well. I'll settle for MFDs and some switches along with TiR and a buttkicker. Should get me "into action" a bit more at least.

Awesome work!

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

... Santa came early this year..!

Just a quick update of the next panel building. I am not happy with the exactness of the panelbuilding, so I joined forces with my neighbor and started a parallel project to improve the build..

Here is the panel before I have done much to make it look "good"..:

[ATTACH]13810[/ATTACH]

(the white fields will be milled out and 7-segment displays will be placed there to show the channel numbers.

NOTE: This Panel has since been discarded for a new one buildt up from 1mm aluminium base and three layers of 2mm Plexiglass with print between the two top layers.. Pics later tonight..! (paint must dry first)

And here's what "Santa Claus" delivered in the post today..!

[ATTACH]13811[/ATTACH]

Maybe a little "rock-and-roll" for the pit will be nice..?

And this is for our other project:

[ATTACH]13812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13814[/ATTACH]

Anyone care to guess what it is for..?:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just need to say: Truly amazing project Trigger! Wish i could do that as well. I'll settle for MFDs and some switches along with TiR and a buttkicker. Should get me "into action" a bit more at least.

Awesome work!

I sometimes whish I had gone for that to mate..! LoL.. Because this pitbuild is going TO TAKE A LOT OF TIME.. And allthough I love the prosess of it I will have to build it modular so I'll be able to start flying the Sim before the Pit is finished..

Being a Frog pilot as well, I have started some thoughts on making a "Desktop snap-on" pit for flying the Su-25.. Nothing fancy, just a second monitor behind a semiscale front with the basic panels.. And the Cougar with extension and throttle like I use now.. :joystick:

I've made some scetches of it.. Maybe I'll post them later..

But Thanx mate.. I need all the encouragement I need to pull this of.. LoL:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone give me the exact measurement of the 4-way hat switch and buttons used in Cougar or CH Hotas? I need to know the drill bit size(s) I'll need to drill the mounting holes. Also, does anybody know where I can buy 4-8 way hat switches at reasonable price?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Brrr....!

what the hell, do i have to strip to get an answer around here?

Sorry for stalling mate.. I haven't been arround during the hollydays..

I'll Send you the dimentions and where to get them as soon as I get home.. Maybe later tonight even..!

BTW.. GOD DAMN you scared me with the threat of stripping..! LMAO:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what the hell, do i have to strip to get an answer around here?

Looking at your avatar; protected species are not allowed to be stripped from their skin!!

Cheers!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Ok then! Been standing nude in front of the monitor for a while. My daughter gonna need to see a shrink when she grows up.

Thank you very much, trigger. And many thanks to wasserfall for not shooting endangered species - especially this one.

Leafer slithering back into his rosette-adorned skin.

Here You are mate..!

Can someone give me the exact measurement of the 4-way hat switch and buttons used in Cougar or CH Hotas? I need to know the drill bit size(s) I'll need to drill the mounting holes. Also, does anybody know where I can buy 4-8 way hat switches at reasonable price?

You mean this one right?

povhat.jpg.3335d678aed092a9c72730d6f6706ff2.jpg

Check this link:

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/faqhardware.php#Topic6.2

And this one:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=102394

I have made drawings for my Collective by uninstalling the cooliehats from my cougar and measuring them myself. Here's a drawing with the DIM's you need to build and drill mate..!

I put the contack info on the DIM drawings itself for easy keeping. But to read it you have to download the drawing as a PDF file (below) as the resolution on the JPG wasn't high enough to read the small letters..

This is what the PDF drawing looks like:

1048503820_ka-50collective4-waytophat.thumb.jpg.e7503637c719b8ed0144ef71a8ad7ca0.jpg

And here's the PDF file itself..

[ATTACH]14009[/ATTACH]

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE..!!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all..!

This year has been so much damn fun it's unreal..!

The pitbuilding dream has finally begun, and With what I think will be the best FlightSim we have seen so far..!

I had no idea when I started that it would be so time consuming to build a pit to my own standard. Also I had no idea how much additional knowlege I had to aquire to achieve this.! And as it seems I have just scraped the surface of learining. BUT STILL ITS BLOODY GOOD FUN..!

One thing is for sure. Without the help of you guys I would have givven up a looong time ago..!

I would like to thank all you guys for all the incouraging words I have sometimes needed sooo badly..!

I would like to thank guys like:grandsurf and leafer - I check your motivating comments whenever I'm stuck and want to set the thing on FIRE..!

HPO, wasserfall and Joe Kurr - For being such an insperation with they're own project and for sharing ideas and dimentions..!

Nordic - Help and ideas (you got some sweet sollutions mate)

Poko24 - For "kickin my butt" (got one under my seat now.. And you were right.. It's really cool..!

And a special HUGE thanx goes to JimMack and URZE for saving my year, a lot of unnessesary work and probably my sanity..!

There is no doubt that neither of you HAD to help, and still you did..!

I O U guys BIG TIME..!:thumbup:

And my hat goes of to my Comrades in the VVS504th squadron..! Allthough I haven't been able to finish my IQT and MQT training Goon..! It still frigging impresses me the amount of work and attention to training detail that's put into this.. IMPRESSIVE WORK.!:thumbup:

triggerhappynewyearqj5.th.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you, trigger. That is exactly what I needed; I can sleep with my eyes closed now. I'll email TM for prices and hopefully, I'll get off my ass and get started on my project.

And don't keep us wondering, do pop in here when u can to give updates.

peace and happy New Year to you, too.

4-way switch solution?

I have been pondering about how to build the 4-way switch in such a way that it will not break down and need replacement all the time.

And Since the CnC router is still under construction it will have to be buildt with the tools I have at the moment.

This is what I have so far:

751543527_4-wayrockerswitch.thumb.jpg.f51b10ec52ca8584d1f72dca527102a4.jpg

The Plexiglass plates are 30mm X 30mm in size seen from above.!

It still seems like a relatively complex way to make the switch, but I'll have a go at it tonight and post some pics later..

But if you feel that you have another way to make it, or an improvement on this, please let me know.!

Ps. still working on the electrical connections on the switch.. Aaaaargh..! Why couldn't they just but a rotary switch in there instead?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I will do today..!

It's sunday, and I have dedicated this day to finishing the top box for the modified Thrustmaster..

This is what I am aiming for:

[ATTACH]14105[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14106[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14107[/ATTACH]

So I guess we'll se what kind of builder I am when I show you the result later today..!

Keep your fingers crossed for me mates.. LoL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finished plug for the cyclic Stick..

Phuuh.. That went a lot quicker that i had thought it would..

Here's my plan.! I'll make the stick box with epoxy resin and fibreglass cloth that will be to the plug. First the front side, and as soon as that is dust-dry I'll mount the plug on a stand in the upright position and do the sides.

After that has cured I'll sand the rear flat and make the plate that holds the coolie hat and switches. Whitch I will make out of 4mm pvc plates.

Comare the pictures to the drawing in my previous post.. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome so far..

262223982_KA-50HOCASCyclicBoxMoldplug.jpg.c706fab904443c8fea9e6f933a1540b6.jpg

1074914355_KA-50HOCASCyclicBoxMoldplug(1).jpg.397d5c8ead62d74a109f7c358ea20a62.jpg

1980103767_KA-50HOCASCyclicBoxMoldplug(2).jpg.775bb7dd8a62f68f35906b7586578e86.jpg

And the stick will look something like this when done.:

[ATTACH]14112[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14113[/ATTACH]

So now it's time to put on the rubber gloves ( i just love that ,... he he) and stir up some epoxy resin..:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are you making it with epoxy resin? Styrodur (i don't know if you call this material similar) wouldn't do better? It's similar but much harder.

I totally agree with you Poko..! Making the plug out of Styrodur would have been a lot better since it doesn't have the airgaps that normal styrofoam has. The inside of the plug would have a much smoother surface, and need a lot less finishing after I have etched the foam away with thinner..

But I idn't have Styrodur at hand.. So I opted for what I had, knowing I may have to make another plug if this one goes to shambles.. :(

Working on a ver2.0 of the APU Panel.. I don't like the way the old one looks.. The real one seems to be approximately 8-10mm high, and mine is.. 4mm..?:cry:

Also since we now pretty soon will have the cnc to play with, I might as well take advantage of this and make some 100% finalized drawings to work with..

[ATTACH]14128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14129[/ATTACH]

The 4-way switch is nearing it's finish in construction.. Playing with a couple other ideas to make it simpler and with fewer parts.. So that ANYONE can build it without the need for special tools..

I didn't have time to do the fibreglass bonding on the Cyclic stick top yesterday, so no pics yet,.. But I will do it after work today, so keep your eyes on this thread.. It will either be a succsess or a complete disaster..!

Till later then..:thumbup:

Ps. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but if anyone want the drawings for the panels or parts, just PM me and I'll gladly share them with you..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now i am very interrested in the final outcome of your stick!!!

Very nice!

DAMN..! Now I really feel the preasure here.. I can't promise it will be up to the standard of your pitbuilding mate..! I wish I could but we've all seen your work, and it's FANTASTIC..!

I mean.. look at this..:

paneel3hudqk2.jpg

If I reach your level of building I would consider myself lucky..!

Ps. for you who are a bit slooow.. the picture if of the Su-27 cockpit that Wasserfall, Joe Curr and HPO are building (am I right mate?).. I just use it to drool over..:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]