Quick Question?

BuzzU

I would say (very subjective):

60% for a/a (missing radar modes, missing some decoy systems)

30% for a/g (missing tpod/ ground radar)

50% for navigation and other systems (UTM coords,...)

It's done enough to have fun in both roles. You have all a/a missiles, INS system, helmet, SA, bombs, guided bombs, harm, Mavericks,...

I think it would depend on your planned employment, your personal skill sets.

I've got some eye limitations that really affect my abilities in close air combat so I'm not effective in the A/A role of a fighter. I'll let others lead the pack and get air superiority taken care of. In that regards, I'll agree with KZIAL that you can have a lot of fun.

On the ground-pounding role of attack (the role I want to pursue) I think it's still quite limited in weapons and precision. Until the tpod is available it's quite limited in the ability to target without JTAC assistance. There too I'll agree with KZIAL at 30%.

The biggest limitation for me personally is the A:A Refueling; until that can is competently done, OR they allow a 'cheat mode' [stay within certain parameters] much of the flying is quite limited to near shore if based on a carrier.

Carrier launch & recovery is a blast even though there is more to do on the COMS aspect.

There's sufficient systems employed for Nav but coordinating UTM is a disappointment considering how far the team has gone.

Without any experience with other fighter modules (only A-10) I would say this is NOT ready for combat employment but still a pleasure to drive around.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I think sometime soon there will a very large punt in some of the f18 systems to call ‘er done and move to something else that has more potential to bring in the money.

Given how large and man hour expensive these sims are, I’m surprised this isn’t a subscription model vs individual one time packages.

The spice must flow!

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

@AvgWhiteGuy,

What do you consider limited with AAR? Granted that it needs basket physics but AAR works 100% times for me when within said parameters, so what cheat mode you are on about ?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

@AvgWhiteGuy,

What do you consider limited with AAR? Granted that it needs basket physics but AAR works 100% times for me when within said parameters, so what cheat mode you are on about ?

+1

Are there any issues with AAR in MP? Caus here it works perfectly in SP. The Hornet is my 1st choice if I want a clean and smooth AAR.

Sorry guys, my comment on AAR is a PERSONAL limitation, nothing about the SIM. My sentence error "until that can is competently done" was meant to read 'until I can competently do it'.

I see some of you guys/gals accomplish it like I use a burger shop drive-thru but it's still virtually impossible for ME after hours of trial and error. My bad.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Keep practicing, you will get it eventually.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta