2° ND trim

heroe

Hello

With the parameters of 2 degrees ND when taking flight in STO the front wheel touches the ground, it is assumed that when you rotate the nozzles you do not have to touch the stick but if you do not use you hit the ground, leaving at 0 degrees ND No problem but I think it is not the real procedure, all attempts were with less than 29000 lbs of total weight, someone who will explain me please.

Thank you.

Im not 100% sure what the right procedur is, but i only use 2°ND for vertical takeoff not STO

Edit: manual said even for conventional takeoff its 2°ND... its basically takeoff trim for all situation's

but i never go full 2° most of the time its less for me

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

I believe there is either some kind of flight model issue, or (more likely) some kind of ground-physics issue. 2°ND is real procedure for all takeoffs, but in DCS currently this only works with an unloaded jet. If you add weapons a takeoff with 0° pitch trim results in the same handling characteristics as 2°ND with no weapons.

The reason why I'm betting this is a ground-physics issue is that every single DCS jet, regardless of developer, sticks to the ground more than it should during taxi and takeoffs.