German machine gun bunker / nest

davidtsw

The Assets Pack includes at the moment two fortifications (plus a lot of beach obstacles), their names are: Pillbox and "Fire Control".

There are also Mods that include objects that can fit this role, for example Suntsag's V1 Mod includes a "WW2 Emplacement", the UK WW2 Airfield Mod by Mithandra & Suntsag has "WW2-ArmyRoadBlock", also one of Upuaut's Mods has coastal batteries included.

Let's hope that ED will continue to flesh-out more the WW2 Pack.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Cheers mate ! I'll give these mods a try.

I had a look at the "fire control bunker" before but I couldn't see any MGs inside so I just assumed they were not there. Got it to shoot now. :thumbup:

Where do I find the "pillbox" though ? I know there's one with a naval gun but with MGs ?

BTW, the assets are such a hit or miss. All those units and structures look great but then things like invisible MGs and missing sounds for them or trains make me think this DLC has been left unfinished and forgotten.

Edited by davidtsw

I had a look at the "fire control bunker" before but I couldn't see any MGs inside so I just assumed they were not there. Got it to shoot now. :thumbup:

Where do I find the "pillbox" though ? I know there's one with a naval gun but with MGs ?

The "fire control bunker" can also be manned via first-person if you have Combined Arms. Not particularly useful, but it is fun to mess about with.

The "pillbox" might be by a different name. I vaguely recalled it was armed bunker or something?

Sorry, I was mistaken and its called "Bunker with SK C/28 15cm naval gun", on structures category.

There is also a "Big Bunker" mod by Upuaut, that has a Bunker armed with both a large gun and two MG, this one:

4MSex37.jpg

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

Guys, can´t find the mods you´re talking of... Where can i find them?

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Guys, can´t find the mods you´re talking of... Where can i find them?

Not sure about the user mods, but the machine-gun pillbox fortification I mentioned is part of the WW2 assets pack. You can find it in the mission editor with: Ground-unit --> Fortification --> Fire control bunker

• 3 weeks later...

Bigbunker seems to fail in 2.5.5

The German Pillowbox can be found at the very end of the fortifications together with the flags ;-)

Edited by muehlema

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S