Additional Option for Labels

Sedlo

Just a suggestion... Personally, I find spotting other aircraft in DCS to be very difficult, and often fly the labels on - dot only setting. The issue with that is that the labels are either RED or BLUE, depending on which coalition it is. I find that makes it too easy to tell which dot is a good guy, and which dot I need to engage.

Can we have a setting for the Label - Dot Only to be monochrome for all aircraft? Maybe just an yellow or orange dot for all?

That way it will still help with spotting, but not make it too easy to tell who is who in the zoo.

Please, thanks, over and out.

SEDLO

Hi Sedlo!

While I would like to know who's who as soon as possible, because, as you pointed out, it's very difficult to spot aircraft on a 2D screen (and even more difficult on a VR headset!), but it's also very hard to visually ID a contact, from my experience, we already have the means to do what you're asking for.

As a matter of fact, in Hoggit's server, all aircraft have the same brown dot icon, with no distinction for friend or foe. Have a look on the forum, do a search for the file labels.lua, it's the one you have to edit to have the labels as you want.

Personally, I think that the best of both worlds would be to have a system similar to IL-2 Great Battles series, where icons appear at spotting distance in a grey color, without giving away if they are F or F, and progressively become red or blue the closer you get (usually within 3/4 km, IIRC).

I'd love for multiplayer server to use the same system (if you read the labels.lua file, you can see that it is possible to have different icons according to distance, too), because it's really so very hard to spot contacts and to identify them (and, please oh please, give us icons for missiles, too!)

Edited by Gianky
Punctuation and typo