My most expensive module by far... feeling bad..

Koriel

Probably DCS: Black Shark 3 for the full version and DCS: Black Shark 3 for the upgrade version.

Thanks

Hmm, they will have the same name? The way you started the sentence lead me to think you would chose 2 different names and therefore 2 different prices for the upgrade and the full version

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than 10 hours I would estimate.

Why would you even purchase the module then? :(

On my case, my most expensive Module is always the latest one ... as the olders have already gave me many hours of use, so their cost/hour is very low, compared to the latest one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
Hmm, they will have the same name? The way you started the sentence lead me to think you would chose 2 different names and therefore 2 different prices for the upgrade and the full version

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

It would most likely need to be the second variant in game, and you can buy accessibility to the second upgrade variant, but its still TBD.

As for how it will sell, I am sure like the original BS2 upgrade, both will be available for some time, then eventually it will just be the upgraded version you can buy... something like that, but again... TBD.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@Wags I appreciate the work you and the crew are doing on the Ka-50, and will happily fork over my money for the new features.

Same here. And knowing ED, their pricing will be moderately low as usual.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Dear Wags & Nineline,

Has the anti-collision lights clipping through the cockpit been corrected in both versions ?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team
Will the price for the paid upgrade have a discount for BS2 owners?

I understand that you have bills to pay, but charging full 60$ to the bs2 owners feels like bad marketing.

For existing Ka-50 owners, there will be a separate upgrade purchase option at a greatly reduced cost compared to the full version. Specific pricing is TBD.

Thanks

• ED Team
Dear Wags & Nineline,

Has the anti-collision lights clipping through the cockpit been corrected in both versions ?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

The new Ka-50 is an entirely new model and cockpit. Not updated from the current one.

Thanks

For existing Ka-50 owners, there will be a separate upgrade purchase option at a greatly reduced cost compared to the full version. Specific pricing is TBD.

Thanks

Thank you Wags. I will gladly pay for an upgrade. I just feared we had to buy a full new module.

Now I'm fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was readying pitchforks and stakes, pyres etc. but... you know what, Wags' statements look positive enough.

If I understand right, anyone can keep enjoying the Ka-50 as is, including a graphical upgrade, and others can buy an upgrade pack to have another one with more systems? In that case, if the price is right, my applause, and even if the price is high, still kinda fair enough that the module can still function without paying.

In fact, this is something I wanted to suggest for years, for opening the door to multiple variants of an aircraft in DCS, making it feasible/profitable for both the community and ED.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Let me attempt to express the reason why a paid upgrade is fundamentally unfair. The reason is two fold. First and most importantly it punishes the people Eagle Dynamics have the most incentive to be loyal to, their long time customer base. I personally don't own the Blackshark as I am a relatively new DCS player. However, the group of guys I fly with have paid for it at least once and perhaps some of them, like this gentleman, twice. Explain to me, without making appeals to the time invested in the upgrade, why I, a new player who may decide flight sims aren't for me and never give Eagle Dynamics another cent, get to pay 50 dollars for "Blackshark 3" whereas individuals who have stuck by you and proven themselves to be loyal, deeply passionate customers have to pay 62 or even 82 dollars?

Secondly, individuals who already the Blackshark 2 will inevitably feel like this is a pay to win scenario. As if they are being penalized "on the battlefield" for being an "old customer" and consequently a less effective member of their team for having inferior weaponry. It's like when cable companies or internet providers offer their premium channels or their fastest speeds to new customers in an attempt to get them to sign up. The difference here is, there is NO competition. Eagle Dynamics is the only game in town. If you hadn't come around about the recent carrier uproar I would accuse you of having mercenary business practices. But you did listen and for that you earned some loyalty from me. Try hard to make this situation right as well, otherwise it will be one step forward and two steps back. The people who want to see you succeed will leave disenchanted and thinking about what might have been. Myself included.

I can understand and accept the update for money. After so many years, to me it sounds reasonable.

...and it makes me feel less guilty as most of my modules have been bought at 50% discount

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Good news today for the rotorheads!!!!

Yes! I will pay for the extra features! You deserve every penny! I love the Ka-50!

The free overhaul of the old cockpit for free: SUPER NICE!

THANKS!

MI-24 is coming!!!!!

YEAHHHHH! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Dear Wags & Nineline,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

The new Ka-50 is an entirely new model and cockpit. Not updated from the current one.

Thanks

This doesn't really answer the question though. If I don't pay for the new Ka-50 paid module, will my original Ka-50's lighting, and other textures be updated/fixed?

I'm 99% sure yes.

FalconPilot16,

How are you able to answer mine and Fixierider's question ?

Are you part of the EDSA testing team?

You have first hand knowledge that these issues have been corrected?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team
This doesn't really answer the question though. If I don't pay for the new Ka-50 paid module, will my original Ka-50's lighting, and other textures be updated/fixed?

All art assets, including fixes associated with them, such as lights will be fixed for free. Only thing paid is the new systems being added.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

FalconPilot16,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

No i'm not part of ED but if you can see that you'll understand why i said that.

"the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free."

@RuddleButt, try to say to your girlfriend/wife/partner that you will be spending less money on her as you were loyal to here for many years... ;-)

That's a terrific analogy because it gets at the heart of the matter. I would gladly pay $65 (or whatever it ends up costing) for the latest and greatest Blackshark. I am willing to spend more out of fairness. That's what ED is wagering right? It's either worth more or it isn't.

Dear Wags & Nineline,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Thanks

I'm 99% sure yes.

FalconPilot16,

Happy Simming,

Monnie

No i'm not part of ED but if you can see that you'll understand why i said that.

"the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free."

Falcon,

I am not asking if "free" or not.

I am asking a very specific question on a very specific graphics abnormality directed to Wags and/or Nineline

Which has been unanswered.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

• ED Team

Great news to see the blackshark is getting some love after all these years.

Thanks ED

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2