IFLOLS (Meatball) Visibility in VR

CajunFighter

I'm sure people have asked this question before. I fly only in VR because of the realism and immersion, but VR has it's limitations. The biggest problem would be clarity. For me as well as many other VR users, the IFLOLS lights are very hard to nearly impossible to see or use. My wish is that we could somehow make it easier to see as an option for VR users. One possibility would be a small inset view or something.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a Very old post. But I agree totally with the OP.

The meatball view is next to useless in VR using Oculus. Even with VR zoom it’s very hard to see.

Even using a monitor the meatball is difficult to see at a glance.

So a pop up window of the IFOLS would be great. Make it user selectable for those that think it’s a cheat.

Your thoughts on this gents?

Or is there a VR IFOLS mod maybe?

I think the IFOLS lights are hard to see without VR too. In fact, it is easy to mistake the antenna above the lights as the meatball and it makes it look like you are high, so you keep decreasing power before you realize that oh, you are not chasing the ball after all.

Anyway to make that ball more distinct?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 1 month later...

Does anyone with modding experience know if it's possible to put a live image in a floating window? SRS has floating windows in VR. Is it possible to get a floating window to show a certain camera view? If so, this could be a script/mod.