Need to Extend the Autumn Sale promo for one more week ED ?

FlankerNation

Spoken like someone who has a ridiculous amount of disposable income. I was planning to buy all of the modules I don't currently own (I have A-10, BS1/2, and P51), but at full price that's definitely out of my range and won't be buying any. So you tell me, what's better for ED? Me buying ALL of the modules at the discounted price, or me buying none of the modules at full price.

For people on a budget, saving every penny is a big deal, so for you to make that comment is just being incredibly pompous because we WANT to support them. We're just not wealthy tools like you.

Contact me when you plan your next purchase - I will hand you my coupon over.

edit: once I got it, though. :o)

Umm,, yeah, Flagrum... can you please Nix the large Bold font?.. lol..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Only a few things:

Not only in my eyes it was a bad move for ED to squander their products that are not even "finished" yet. Especially after people spent a premium price on it already only a few days earlier. That was at the best "unusual" for the market if not right out a slap into their customers face.

Premium price? Forgive me (and please correct me if I'am wrong) wasn't it a regular price that they paid? Since when regular price became premium?

That said, not everybody loses. Imagine you could buy only products that are deemed ready for the market. Then you would not have any Huey nor Hip - if you could afford them or not. They will be on sale again, once they are out of beta status. Also not everybody loses as those who have not to rely on special sales are and will buy beta products regardless. So it is just factual wrong to say "all" will lose.

-ED is making these sales for long time now. They obviously saw profit in them so they continued doing them. Now that they will limit them they will also limit their income. So ED loses.

-People without chubby wallets who could only afford to buy modules in these sales are also affected.

-And all those that called them selves supporters of ED who made all this trouble, the once who where saying: "I will never buy at full price. Never again.", well... from now on they will also have to wait for the limited per year sales to "Never pay again in full price". And only for modules that come out of the beta stage. For how long is the Huey labeled as beta (and counting)?

So, pretty much almost everybody had something to lose from all this fuss.

• Like 1

Premium price? Forgive me (and please correct me if I'am wrong) wasn't it a regular price that they paid? Since when regular price became premium?

-ED is making these sales for long time now. They obviously saw profit in them so they continued doing them. Now that they will limit them they will also limit their income. So ED loses.

-People without chubby wallets who could only afford to buy modules in these sales are also affected.

-And all those that called them selves supporters of ED who made all this trouble, the once who where saying: "I will never buy at full price. Never again.", well... from now on they will also have to wait for the limited per year sales to "Never pay again in full price". And only for modules that come out of the beta stage. For how long is the Huey labeled as beta (and counting)?

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hrm, that is integral part of my message I wanted to get across! ;-P

But I guess, just staying calm and canny might be even the better way, eh? I'll change it.

Bold and Underline works just as good as having specific words in a large font.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The regular price for the Huey and the Hip is 50 USD each. That is, as far as I can remember, the highest price for a DCS module. That is all what I meant with "premium". (actually I think, the other modules are under priced)

How much, or if at all, ED & partners will lose through all this ... will show the future. I think, nobody can predict how this turns out. They could lose after tthey reverted their sales strategy, they could lose if they would not have. For both sided there are arguments for and against it.

Those who said "never full price again" are, after EDs apologies/coupon deal thingy, now once more assured that that "slap in their face" will not happen again and therefore don't have to "punish" ED for it this way. Most of those will confidently buy at relase again. The faith in ED is restored for many - that's how I see it.

Money is all relative. To me, you sound like you have a lot more money than I do. When I started saving for my TrackIr Unit, it was just called TrackIr. Because it was the first edition. By the time I could finally afford it, I got TrackIr 5.

I know what it is like to not have a lot of money. But even as you describe your cheap meal ( much cheaper than here and you get 2 beers as well ) , I can't help but wonder why the difference between those with no money, and those with a Rediculous amount of disposable income, is around $20.

Some members are all up in arms and having heated discussions with others over $20??

Making demands to get a refund, just because they paid $20 more?

Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming those people for what they feel. I just don't understand it.

I used to be a massive XBOX fan until I found I was saving for 3 months to buy a $100 game and complete it in around 90 minutes. I have a cupboard full of them. Each immediately worth only $15 each if I sold them that week.

Compared to that.....give me DCS at double the price any day. On my income, that's as good as throwing money away. DCS is always a great investment. Pays for itself before you even get it installed.

I'm not entirely sure how you gathered I have a lot more money than you do. I'm unaware of your living situation, and that's personal information that's on a need to know basis, and I'm sure I don't need to know.

Having a 10 y/o joystick, and the other toys were basically "donated" via christmas means I haven't spent any money except on the 3 games I currently own. All 3 of them were bought during previous sales because I couldn't buy them at full price.

Speaking of that, you say we're in a heated argument over $20. It's not necessarily over just $20. My goal was to buy all the outstanding modules that I didn't own at the sale prices. I was forgoing getting a better joystick, to purchase modules I probably wouldn't even play very much to support ED.

At normal prices, the outstanding modules left to purchase would cost me $180 before any taxes are added (if they're added). At the sale prices, it would only cost me $59 before taxes. That's $120 in savings to me. That's 4 modules for the price of one xbox game. That's significant AND supports ED as we all want to do.

There in lies the issue. Many of us were under the assumption that we had the entirety of Sunday to purchase the modules we wanted. There was no official clock that let us know when they were over, and that's why some of us are a little bumbed.

Edited by MadCow

Bold and Underline works just as good as having specific words in a large font.

I know, I know. Actually there is no need to empathsize anything in my posting as such, I just wanted to mock the OP who (over)used large fonts (of even varing grades of "big") by himself. :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1889594&postcount=14

Edited by Flagrum

And once again the generation of "Entitlement" rears it's clueless head...

ED is under ZERO obligation to provide a product at any particular price point and are under ZERO obligation to provide Sales for their products. EVER.

It amazes me how the simple concept of a sale gets blown out of proportion by clueless individuals. It is amazingly simple.

If ED wants to they will put a product on sale.

If you are able to purchase what you want on sale great.. Do so and enjoy

If YOUR particular circumstances dictate that YOU can't purchase it during the sale that ED graciously offers, then that is a shame, but too bad.

Change your own circumstances so that you CAN buy what you want when it is available.

Take some responsiblilty for yourself and stop blaming the world for your own circumstances for God's sake

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

And once again the generation of "Entitlement" rears it's clueless head...

ED is under ZERO obligation to provide a product at any particular price point and are under ZERO obligation to provide Sales for their products. EVER.

It amazes me how the simple concept of a sale gets blown out of proportion by clueless individuals. It is amazingly simple.

If ED wants to they will put a product on sale.

If you are able to purchase what you want on sale great.. Do so and enjoy

If YOUR particular circumstances dictate that YOU can't purchase it during the sale that ED graciously offers, then that is a shame, but too bad.

Change your own circumstances so that you CAN buy what you want when it is available.

Take some responsiblilty for yourself and stop blaming the world for your own circumstances for God's sake

No one here is "clueless" as you put it and no one here is "self entitled". Your response reminds me of the division in the games industry between the Publishers claiming "piracy" is the reason why they're not making a lot of money, and Valve's highly intelligent Gabe Newell saying piracy has little to no effect on the industry.

No one here is saying ED can't do what they want. Most certainly, as the owner of this content, they can. But just as Gabe Newell has come out strongly in support of sales (He has MANY metrics that prove companies make MORE money during sales), some are pointing out that ED would likely make more money from their sales.

I have no problem with ED doing what they want, when they want, how they want. I just wish they communicated the start and stop time of their sales better. Think of the Humble Bundles. They have a clock on the front page ticking down to the end of their sales. Had ED done that, and we missed it, well that's our own problem. But there was a complete communication breakdown this time around as to when exactly these sales were going to end.

If you accept the fact that they can provide a sale or not, then it should be equally apparent that the timing of the sale is completely their choice as well..

They have no obligation to tell you when the sale will happen .. or when it will be over.. Folks are lucky they are having a sale at all..

Personally, I have missed sales as well.. And for a LOT more expensive items than this... And it sucked immensely.. But the fact of the matter is that I was unable to take advantage of the sale due to my own circumstances so tough stuff for me... (And I might even complain to my friends or family about the fact that I missed the sale and could not partake, but it was nobody else's fault. ) Life is full of disappointments and not all of them can be blamed on someone else... Many of them just are what they are...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

The regular price for the Huey and the Hip is 50 USD each. That is, as far as I can remember, the highest price for a DCS module. That is all what I meant with "premium". (actually I think, the other modules are under priced)

If I recall correctly FC3 started at 60$ (or was it A-10C I can't remember exactly). But even at 50$ isn't it the regular price? Hip and Huey are new products. Every product starts in higher prices due to the fact that they have to cover for the production cost. After this is covered then the price goes down (price drop on a sale is a whole different matter). That's what happened to A-10C and Ka-50 and that is what will happen to Huey and Hip and any other product. So, no matter how to look at it it's not premium at all. It's just a regular price which give to the customer who paid regular price exactly... 0 premium advantages over the customers that bought the same product at a sale.

And 50$ for you is premium, the other products for you are under priced. Which is the regular price?

I don't disagree with you at all Outlawal2. However, I think it's a good point to provide constructive criticism when possible. For me, I think it was be a good idea for ED to have a countdown timer. Not only did I lose out on the sales this time around, and will wait, I was talking a buddy into buying a few of the modules because they were on sale. Soon as I logged in on Sunday to start buying them, I called my buddy and told him to not worry about it. Had we had an accurate timer, we could have bought it Saturday, and ED would be richer for it, able to put that money towards EDGE or the F18 module.

If I recall correctly FC3 started at 60$ (or was it A-10C I can't remember exactly). But even at 50$ isn't it the regular price? Hip and Huey are new products. Every product starts in higher prices due to the fact that they have to cover for the production cost. After this is covered then the price goes down (price drop on a sale is a whole different matter). That's what happened to A-10C and Ka-50 and that is what will happen to Huey and Hip and any other product. So, no matter how to look at it it's not premium at all. It's just a regular price which give to the customer who paid regular price exactly... 0 premium advantages over the customers that bought the same product at a sale.

And 50$ for you is premium, the other products for you are under priced. Which is the regular price?

Perhaps I should not have used the term "premium" here as it obviously leads to misunderstandings.

All I wanted to express was, that the price for the Hip was high/higher than the other DCS modules when it then was sold dirt cheap a few days later and that that doesn't "fit" together.

Usually I say to myself it isn't worth commenting on many topics.

But I just have to write some last words on this whole topic.

ED/BST did make a mistake with putting the MI-8 on a 60% sale 2 weeks after it went for pre-purchase, period.

Then they did a wonderful thing to grant a discount for 1 future purchase to all those who jumped the train 2 weeks "too early",

very honorable!

With that I say ED turned this to a good end.

The problem was, the entire time, that people are not angry because they have to pay full price.

The issue was to pay full price when there was a 60% sale just 2 weeks later.

Then again, Wags didn't say a single word about less sales or reduced discounts.

Just that in the future no pre-purchase betas may be included in any sale, which is a good thing in my eyes.

I'd say, put them on sale only a few months or so after final release, not while still in beta.

Drop the price 10...15% while it's in beta, to actually give a little reward to all those early adopters who already buy a product that still is in beta testing.

I'm sure everyone will gladly pay that price.

If you believe in the product even though it still is in beta and want to support it?

Great, buy early and have a 10...15% discount, but be prepared to maybe come across problems as it's still in beta testing.

You don't believe in the product while it's in beta or just don't want to support that specific module?

That's ok too. Buy the final release if you like, but deal with a slightly "higher" price or wait for the first sale.

That would be nothing but fair.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings,

but I can't stand that "you guys who complained now ruined it for all of us, it's your fault and your fault only" b§&ls\!t anymore.

Put it aside already and move on!

My 2 cents, like them or don't

MadCat

• Like 2

Perhaps I should not have used the term "premium" here as it obviously leads to misunderstandings.

All I wanted to express was, that the price for the Hip was high/higher than the other DCS modules when it then was sold dirt cheap a few days later and that that doesn't "fit" together.

I think that is better we all agree that the whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. After all, our hobby is in a very small market that is getting smaller and smaller. It's not good to have misunderstandings amongst us.

My wish is that ED will rethink about not including beta modules in future sale. Just a little more space between first release and first sale and I think everyone will be happy.

My big problem was Witchking's attitude. There's nothing more divisive in a community than someone making a statement like he did. His comment implied that those of us who wanted to purchase at the sale price, don't want to support ED. My response was to demonstrate that he's 100% wrong and his elitist attitude towards money will in no way fix our problem that we don't make enough money to buy all the modules we want at full price.

The flight sim community is a very small community comparatively to all the other games out there. We do NOT need an attitude that divides those that have plenty of money, with those that don't. We should all be supportive in our own way.

Its not elitist attitude. Its just frustration on how naive some ppl are when they keep asking for products at sale price even early at release. The fact of game design is these products cost a lot of money to make. Every game at release is 60$. None of those...even on steam, go on sale until after 4-6 months down the road. Even if they do, 70% is overkill. Also considering the sales ED manage with such a niche product, do you honestly think selling a few hundred copies at 19$ is more beneficial than selling a few lesser copies at 50$?

Note...I don't have numbers on sales...no one except ED does. But a clear indication is DCS WWII kickstarter. The WWII community is relatively big part of the flight simmers, yet there are only few thousand supporters. Ilya managed just over 100K. If that isn't indication enough on how small our community is, then clearly you are not understanding it properly.

So instead of being selfish and asking about sales and blaming me.... just wait for it. If you really can't afford it, I can understand as a student myself...just wait until it goes on sale and then buy it. 50$ is the price on release and I hope in the future, ED keep it there for a good period of time. Remember when DCS A-10C was released? Probably not considering when A-10C was released.... it didn't go on sale until atleast 8 months. Thats more NORMAL. If you are too impatient...figure it out how to balance your budget and then buy it. But don't make it all about yourself and your own income. At the end of the day, games are luxuries...be prepared to pay for it or wait for a sale.

As I have said before, Remember about ED..they are an independent developer who have their own employees to pay. There is a difference in say 1000 copies at 50$ a pop versus 1500 copies at 20$. Again...I don't have numbers..but no one does. Unless ED discloses..we never will. Its in their best interests to keep sales reserved only for atleast a few months after release.

BTW... being a student, I bought all the products at full price ..one at a time...once a month or so with careful management...and I get technically paid under the poverty line in canada. So don't tell me about "frivolous" spending. I still bought the separate Flaming cliffs modules and the DCS black shark 2 release on steam when it was on sale even though I already have those so that I can give it to a friend or keep it when all modules are on steam and migrate there eventually.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 1 month later...
Ok... ED when will be the winter sale....???

I m dying to buy your products full of cash now... so when you guys gonna come out with a super news of WINTER SALE ... :D ?

ITS GOING TO BE CHRISTMAS SOON... ooohhhh come on ED :(

me need your productivo in sale li tu :'(

If you are

full of cash now
why not just buy today? Why do you need to wait for a sale?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Man some of the people on these forums kill me. You have people that say you have to play the game the way they play it,think the way they think,and now you have to buy the game the way they want you to buy it. BTW how many of you work in sales? I can tell very few of you do. I own EVERY single ED module, I have only purchased one at full price, A-10C. I didnt even want the other modules!!! The only reason I purchased them is...........wait for it..........they were on SALE!!!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Erm, Maybe because it's a lot cheaper? Just a guess mind you.

Ever heard of a Rhetorical Question?

Man some of the people on these forums kill me. You have people that say you have to play the game the way they play it,think the way they think,and now you have to buy the game the way they want you to buy it. BTW how many of you work in sales? I can tell very few of you do. I own EVERY single ED module, I have only purchased one at full price, A-10C. I didnt even want the other modules!!! The only reason I purchased them is...........wait for it..........they were on SALE!!!!

Actually I have worked in sales. Yes there are some knee-jerk purchases just because something is on sale... However the OP is already sure that they want to buy the product, do they not feel that ED's work is worth the couple of extra bucks?

You obviously aren't a good salesman if you have ever been one. You never allow the individual to focus on price, instead you focus on value. That way, regardless of the price the customer see's the value in the product you are offering and will pay the price. Sales are designed to get people in the door or close the sale.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Trust me bro,it aint that deep. If you have a product that isnt moving at its current price or if you want to generate buzz you offer it up for sale.They are selling a game,not a Benz.Btw I am not a salesman,I teach salesmen SON!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog