LABELs SYSTEM - Not really helping, IMO - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #21
discwalker

My preference for labels is show through the body of the plane. Imagine the Su-25T, you have almost none existent visibility to the outside world.
+Labels are visual reference points. It's not fair to disappear the reference point during a turn.

Last edited by discwalker; 09-21-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: +
discwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #22
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
My preference for labels is show through the body of the plane. Imagine the Su-25T, you have almost none existent visibility to the outside world.
+Labels are visual reference points. It's not fair to disappear the reference point during a turn.
That's why he said he requested an option to switch them on or off, not remove them.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #23
CallsignFrosty

Can't DCS just read the current main window render resolution and use that to factor the size of the dots? It knows exactly what resolution it is drawing every frame and it's written in the MonitorSetup.lua!

I love my 4K monitor but I feel blind even in dogfights because a 4k pixel dot on a 28" screen half a meter away from my eyes is pretty small! And I don't even need glasses yet!
CallsignFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #24
Sonoda Umi

As a novice player, the Label should show the directions of objects to help me know what are the surroundings
Sonoda Umi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #25
RePhil

just want same advantage in VR that Track IR guys have
RePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignFrosty View Post
Can't DCS just read the current main window render resolution and use that to factor the size of the dots? It knows exactly what resolution it is drawing every frame and it's written in the MonitorSetup.lua!

I love my 4K monitor but I feel blind even in dogfights because a 4k pixel dot on a 28" screen half a meter away from my eyes is pretty small! And I don't even need glasses yet!
But then someone running a 4k monitor much bigger than yours would have an unfair advantage, it needs to be a system that can be adaptable but not so abusable. But we are looking into it for sure.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:27 AM   #27
BigMillerTime

Any updates to the server side custom label mod?
BigMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #28
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMillerTime View Post
Any updates to the server side custom label mod?
If you add the labels.lua into the Miz file (config/view/labels.lua), and Mission enforces dot labels etc. it overrides personal settings in multiplayer.
Thus you can add a modified labels.lua to any server hosted Miz.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #29
Sedlo

When you say add to the Miz file, do you mean unzip the miz, create a folder structure config/view, put labels.lua in it and then zip it back up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
If you add the labels.lua into the Miz file (config/view/labels.lua), and Mission enforces dot labels etc. it overrides personal settings in multiplayer.
Thus you can add a modified labels.lua to any server hosted Miz.
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #30
Contact409

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
But then someone running a 4k monitor much bigger than yours would have an unfair advantage, it needs to be a system that can be adaptable but not so abusable. But we are looking into it for sure.
Smart scaling maybe?

Tags
labels, mods, visibility