F-86F Sabre: will it feature LABS?

Flagrum

If not, just the nuclear bombs would be a fair compromise. I guarantee I will buy the first module in DCS that can nuke something.

Hrm, yeah, sure... but might be a tad bit "overpowered"? :o)

Actually I would say, the other way around would be better: give us the LABS and we can "practice" and do all kind of cool stunts even if we will never fly with a live nuke.

edit:

while thinking about it, due to the lack of a fragmentation effect model of our ordnance against soft targets, yeah, give us something, hrm, DECENT to deal with those pesky inf troops! Let us nuke that rifle squad! :D

Edited by Flagrum

• 1 month later...

is that the thing that releases a bomb on vertical ascend? that maneuver guy (I can't remember his name)...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If not, just the nuclear bombs would be a fair compromise. I guarantee I will buy the first module in DCS that can nuke something.

unfortunatly the current engine cannot handle a weapon of that power, so in order for us to get a real nuke, we need EDGE to come out (which could take years).

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• 2 weeks later...

F-86F Sabre: will it feature LABS?

Can this be done in the A-10C? I know you can use CCRP to do calculated release drops but all I've every used it to do is straight and level bombing. Would it do the same thing holding down the pickle button and then pulling vertical for a loft effect? Even dare say over the shoulder action?

Edited by drsgfire
Forgot detals

Can this be done in the A-10C? I know you can use CCRP to do calculated release drops but all I've every used it to do is straight and level bombing. Would it do the same thing holding down the pickle button and then pulling vertical for a loft effect? Even dare say over the shoulder action?

No

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

lol… will I end up with a bomb coming back down into the cockpit?

I doubt you would even come that close to pulling it off. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Haha give it a go! CCIP in the A-10 with Mk82's - it actually kinda works. Hard to hit anything accurately, but with something the size of an airport it's pretty easy.

Just tried it myself and it was cool as hell when I looked over my shoulder and saw the rain of bombs falling from the sky behind me.

A-10CLABS.trk

Edited by howie87
  • Like 1