Need to Extend the Autumn Sale promo for one more week ED ?

FlankerNation

LOL..............FlankerNation needs a loan!!!

I know a guy, who knows a guy named Vinnie Kapuzo. High interest rates though, and he has been known to brake a knee cap or two in his day.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

LOL..............FlankerNation needs a loan!!!

I know a guy, who knows a guy named Vinnie Kapuzo. High interest rates though, and he has been known to brake a knee cap or two in his day.

Sometimes things hits the fan.... what can I say..... :lol:

Just hope they extended it really need that one module of theirs ... ;)

• Like 1

Hi Joey, was that in the e-shop or the main page? I saw that pricing on the main page , didn't carry over to the buying page last I checked. Thanks !!

Check out.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

On another post a few days back I wrote this:

But I am afraid (and I hope I am wrong) the damage is done. By the response of ED/Belsimtek to this subject I fear that they will limit the number of sales through the year. Maybe even lower the percentage of price drop. If this happens many people like me will stay with what modules we have right now. And when the time comes for the modules we have to get a paid upgrade (like Black Shark 2 was) we will go away. Not because of anger but because of simply not being able to buy any new modules. All this commotion may have hurt other member very badly. sad.gif

A few days later we get this:

We'll probably do a DCS Winter Sale (as will Steam and Gamefly). However, I would not count on any products in per-purrchase beta to be included in future sales.

I hope all of those that gave ED and Belsimtek the hard time they didn't deserve are very happy now with their selves. I wrote that all this commotion will hurt members that are not that fortunate (financially speaking). As it turns out it hurt everyone. From now on no sales in per-purrchase beta modules and probably less sales throughout the year

for everyone.

• Like 1

I was hoping the prices on the web site would be honored until they changed the web pages to match the e-shop.

At least make it clearer at what time the sale officially ends as in what time of the day ( 00:01am 29 -Sept or 12:59 pm 29-Sept. ), and advise if it is Moscow Time so we can plan accordingly.

My fault for waiting , time to burn some ice.

stop complaining/b*tching...if you want more ED products...support them and buy them at full price.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

So, according to you, all that happened the last few days that led to the decision from ED to never make sales for beta products that would benefit many members is a good thing. And, on the other hand, still according to you, stating the obvious, that at the end everybody loses (even if one has to rely to big bold font in order to get the message across), is something that deserves face palm sarcasm. :huh:

stop complaining/b*tching...if you want more ED products...support them and buy them at full price.

But, that's the thing. All this commotion was from those that call them selves supporters of ED. How are they supporters when they ask to get money back?

Spoken like someone who has a ridiculous amount of disposable income. I was planning to buy all of the modules I don't currently own (I have A-10, BS1/2, and P51), but at full price that's definitely out of my range and won't be buying any. So you tell me, what's better for ED? Me buying ALL of the modules at the discounted price, or me buying none of the modules at full price.

For people on a budget, saving every penny is a big deal, so for you to make that comment is just being incredibly pompous because we WANT to support them. We're just not wealthy tools like you.

No Offense intended...

Spoken like someone who has a ridiculous amount of disposable income. I was planning to buy all of the modules I don't currently own (I have A-10, BS1/2, and P51), but at full price that's definitely out of my range and won't be buying any. So you tell me, what's better for ED? Me buying ALL of the modules at the discounted price, or me buying none of the modules at full price.

For people on a budget, saving every penny is a big deal, so for you to make that comment is just being incredibly pompous because we WANT to support them. We're just not wealthy tools like you.

I'm actually someone who is on a fixed income ( a disability support pension ) because I robbed one night and had my leg mangled.

Personally, I think the DCS and Partnered products are cheap. I came from a Radio Control Simulator that I bought my first copy for $485 on Sale. :O

Over the next 5 years I did my part and bought another copy each time they released it. After 5 years, it was still horrendous to use here and errored to desktop frequently with no explanation. After 5 years, I gained about 8 new models that needed to be edited, every time they released a patch because physics would go haywire.

In my opinion, compared to Software companies like that ( and there's plenty of them out there ) Eagle Dynamics and Partnered Companies is a blessing that does not get enough recognition.

I thank God for Eagle Dynamics almost every day. For the fact that you can buy a Simulated Aircraft to fly in a Free Simulator, with such an amazing amount of freedom for less than a meal for 1 person at a Take Away Resturant.

Frankly, I don't understand how they can do it time and again without going broke. No other company would give you the base program for free AND a free Module to boot.

But then I kick DCS WORLD into gear and within seconds, see exactly why they are so successful.

The fact they can do it for the prices they do, shows they have nothing but the customer in mind the whole time.

Otherwise, modules would be $200 each and have no further patching.

I know which I rather. I'll buy modules at full price and I am happy to wave the discount on future purchases because I bought the Mi-8 before the sale.

I can't get enough DCS and it just getting better every day.

Sorry your experience hasn't been the same. :(

Edited by Spasticatedtoad

I'm not entirely sure what you're eating if you're spending around $50 per person for a meal. Even when I eat out and purchase 2 beers, I've spent no more than $15 - $20. I'm currently stuck with a 10 year old Saitek x45 joystick that creaks and sticks because I don't have the money to afford a better joystick. I don't have dedicated rudder pedals, and I only have TrackIR and the TM MFCD's because my family were badass at x-mas time.

There are a plenty of people who are in my same situation who have to manage paying rent, all utilities, and food, and don't have enough money to spend $50 on a single module. It's great that you can, and anyone else who feels they can safely do it without going over budget.

My big problem was Witchking's attitude. There's nothing more divisive in a community than someone making a statement like he did. His comment implied that those of us who wanted to purchase at the sale price, don't want to support ED. My response was to demonstrate that he's 100% wrong and his elitist attitude towards money will in no way fix our problem that we don't make enough money to buy all the modules we want at full price.

The flight sim community is a very small community comparatively to all the other games out there. We do NOT need an attitude that divides those that have plenty of money, with those that don't. We should all be supportive in our own way.

• Like 1

So, according to you, all that happened the last few days that led to the decision from ED to never make sales for beta products that would benefit many members is a good thing.

Yes.

And, on the other hand, still according to you, stating the obvious, that at the end everybody loses (even if one has to rely to big bold font in order to get the message across), is something that deserves face palm sarcasm. :huh:

Correct.

After all "that happened" a few people still got not the point about what it was all about. That is sad, but I will not repeat or rephrase it here for the 1000th time. It won't help anyways.

Only a few things:

Not only in my eyes it was a bad move for ED to squander their products that are not even "finished" yet. Especially after people spent a premium price on it already only a few days earlier. That was at the best "unusual" for the market if not right out a slap into their customers face.

That said, not everybody loses. Imagine you could buy only products that are deemed ready for the market. Then you would not have any Huey nor Hip - if you could afford them or not. They will be on sale again, once they are out of beta status. Also not everybody loses as those who have not to rely on special sales are and will buy beta products regardless. So it is just factual wrong to say "all" will lose.

And people who need to overemphasize things to get a point across ... are just inpolite as such silly big texts are just hard to read. (but I give you credit for not typing all CAPS :o)

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

Money is all relative. To me, you sound like you have a lot more money than I do. When I started saving for my TrackIr Unit, it was just called TrackIr. Because it was the first edition. By the time I could finally afford it, I got TrackIr 5.

I know what it is like to not have a lot of money. But even as you describe your cheap meal ( much cheaper than here and you get 2 beers as well ) , I can't help but wonder why the difference between those with no money, and those with a Rediculous amount of disposable income, is around $20.

Some members are all up in arms and having heated discussions with others over $20??

Making demands to get a refund, just because they paid $20 more?

Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming those people for what they feel. I just don't understand it.

I used to be a massive XBOX fan until I found I was saving for 3 months to buy a $100 game and complete it in around 90 minutes. I have a cupboard full of them. Each immediately worth only $15 each if I sold them that week.

Compared to that.....give me DCS at double the price any day. On my income, that's as good as throwing money away. DCS is always a great investment. Pays for itself before you even get it installed.