STEAM or DCS E-SHOP

davcorsil

Hi

I'm new at DCS.

I was looking in the forum but didn't find any answer for my doubt!

What is the diference in buying planes or modules in Steam or in DCS E-Shop ?

Why in DCS E-Shop is written not for use in steam! It is not the same think or the same game?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Davcorsil

Generally a license issue to go between the two (i.e. if you buy at DCS, you can't use that license on Steam). Updates on Steam tend to be later than updates on DCS (i.e. you might have to wait some time (maybe a week or two?? not positive how long since I don't use Steam) for updates after they become available on DCS). Other than that they should be the same. But since I don't use Steam other's may chime in with other minor differences.

It is the same game, but Steam takes a cut of anything sold through their store front, and uses proprietary copy protection, so ED keys won't work to activate modules on a Steam installation.

For my .02 (though I am admittedly a bit biased) the E-shop is the way to go both in terms of supporting the developers and with regards to features. Steam can sometimes see a delay in access to new maps, modules and campaigns anywhere from a few weeks to a few months depending on the nature of the content.

If you want to use the Steam GUI while playing DCS, you can simply add it as a non-Steam game and still launch it through the Steam interface. The only thing you lose is the automatic patcher (assuming you leave Steam running 24/7; if you don't, then you lose nothing.)

davcorsil: Ok, I'm going to repeat this already posted ... the comparisons in E-Shop can not be used in Steam ... in E-Shop says: Steam Incompatible, but purchases in Steam can be used without any problem in DCS World Standalone ... so if you buy a module on Steam you can transfer the license to ED and it will be updated at the same moment that the ED updates come, because your module does not download it from Steam, and you do not have the DCS World verison of Steam, you only buy the module, do not download it or install it from Steam, it is downloaded from Module Manager of DCS from ED, therefore it is as if you bought it directly from the E-Shop. If you are interested in how it is done ... this is my Post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3886447&postcount=5

Regards

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In other words, if you buy from Steam they have a program where you can transfer the purchase to ED's own service. This gives you their own download manager (which is excellent) and you will get faster patches.

The only reason I could see doing that is if you had some Steam credit you wanted to spend. In all other cases better to buy directly from ED.

In other words, if you buy from Steam they have a program where you can transfer the purchase to ED's own service. This gives you their own download manager (which is excellent) and you will get faster patches.

The only reason I could see doing that is if you had some Steam credit you wanted to spend. In all other cases better to buy directly from ED.

That's it, I'm from Argentina, the exchange market of the dollar in Argentina is double to prevent imports, in Steam the price of the dorlar is real, an example of costs according to the currency of my country in E-Shop Map Nevada $ 25 on Steam $ 12 ... This is changing to the local currency.

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS E-Shop for me, not really much of a contest

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Generally the only differences between steam and the E-shop are than new modules/maps may not be available on steam as quickly. The F14 was the same day on both, but the Mig19 took a few weeks longer to come to steam as recent examples. Otherwise I'm running the same version of open beta on steam as everyone else.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Updates are as fast on steam as they are on standalone.

I would say it depends on your personal opinion.

If you use steam a lot and love it, buy it on steam.

If you want to support the devs more and save a little but money, buy it on the dcs shop.

We are going to try to unveil a myth and end this that does not lead anywhere. First: I'm not telling where you should buy, buy it where you want, I'm just saying it can be done by shopping elsewhere. Second: At the beginning of the forum page says this:

Dear users!

Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

DCS E-Shop

Steam

Heatblur Store

1C, Gamazavr and YuPlay in Russia

Acealpha in South Korea

Any DCS World keys purchased from other sources are invalid and are simply trying to re-sell keys that are bound to other users or purchased through fraud. Such sites include Kinguin, CDExpress and G2A.

If you purchase DCS World keys from these sites, we cannot help you. We suggest you contact these sites for a refund.

read before posting, Third most important: Buy where you buy is supporting developers, Or you think they gave it to Steam.

Greetings.

Edited by Bronco

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED Shop all the way...

The most simple argument.... Why put a third party between you and the final product.

Because for me it is cheaper

A help for you, the post number 7:thumbup:

Edited by Bronco

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same game, but Steam takes its 30% from ED, so if possible use the official E-Shop just for the sake of better supporting the devs. Also, there's an ED miles system that can be applied to knock the price down from items purchased at the ED shop. I don't know if this reward program also applies to Steam purchases. Can anyone comment here?

We are already getting into the sales policy of a company, if it is not convenient for ED to do business with other points of sale, it would not do so, if ED did not want us to buy in other sales points it would not allow us to transfer the licenses, the points sales do not buy a single module, buy a package of all modules, perhaps 1,000 maps of the Gulf, 1,000 maps of Nevada, etcetera, and therefore receive a discount. Koreans should buy in Korea, Latinos should buy on Steam, and if those sales points do not sell, they would not buy from ED. Now ... we agree that buying where you want to buy you support the developers ?. Shopping at the supermarket that has more expensive products ?, I'm not an altruist, I take care of my economy.

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updates are as fast on steam as they are on standalone.

I would say it depends on your personal opinion.

If you use steam a lot and love it, buy it on steam.

If you want to support the devs more and save a little but money, buy it on the dcs shop.

Steam without a doubt has faster and consistent downloads. DCS Updater download speeds vary greatly.

Currently I cannot even update the game. The download rate is slow and then comes to a complete halt. I've tried at least four times over the past few days now.

Now ... we agree that buying where you want to buy you support the developers ?. Shopping at the supermarket that has more expensive products ?, I'm not an altruist, I take care of my economy.

Point taken, Bronco, we get it, for you, with Steam you get the same product for less cost, then in your particular case it 100% makes sense for you to buy from Steam. All other things being equal (as I imagine it is for a significant portion of the customer base) you should buy directly from the ED store. I'm a big fan of more money going to the devs rather than the storefront.

Point taken, Bronco, we get it, for you, with Steam you get the same product for less cost, then in your particular case it 100% makes sense for you to buy from Steam. All other things being equal (as I imagine it is for a significant portion of the customer base) you should buy directly from the ED store. I'm a big fan of more money going to the devs rather than the storefront.

We totally agree XtraChrisP, that's not why you should condemn those who do not buy in E-Shop do not help the developers, they do, those who do not help the developers are those who buy in places of resales of keys such as those mentioned in at the beginning of this page that ED does not support, and not to mention the pirates! ... Greetings my dear colleague of the air :thumbup:

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]