Which do you prefer, modern or historical airframes?

blackbelter

Which do you prefer, modern or historical airframes?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer, modern or historical airframes?

• Modern (airframes designed after 70's)
    • Historical (airframes designed after 70's)
    • Indifferent.

I never wanted ED to scrap their current projects altogether. As you and other mods have repeatedly stated, it is not right for us customers to dictate what ED should do. But do you think it is wise to totally ignore the general opinion of the customers (as reflected in polls such as this one)? Good luck with that business model.

Nothing will be changed even IF the public opinion disagrees with what is being developed? Again, good luck with that business model...

While the general premise here is fine, you are overlooking one very important fact. The forum members, especially just the relatively few active ones, are a very small portion of the total customer base. For this reason the results of the poll cannot be taken as indicative of the 'general opinion' of ED's customers.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

While the general premise here is fine, you are overlooking one very important fact. The forum members, especially just the relatively few active ones, are a very small portion of the total customer base. For this reason the results of the poll cannot be taken as indicative of the 'general opinion' of ED's customers.

While I agree with you that the number of people participating in the poll is probably only a small fraction of the total number of customers, I do think that we have a large enough sampling space in order to draw a statistically valid conclusion.

Unless someone can provide evidence of correlation between 'being active in the poll' and 'preference of A over B' (A and B being one of the options in the poll), I will continue to assume that the result of the current poll is indeed indicative of the general opinion of ED customers...

Edited by blackbelter

No, you really don't :)

While I agree with you that the number of people participating in the poll is probably only a small fraction of the total number of customers, I do think that we have a large enough sampling space in order to draw a statistically valid conclusion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, sure.

You don't know if you have a representative sample, in fact, you have no idea how much skew there might or might not be because you don't even know the actual population. I think you can translate to which of the parameters you don't know/can't accurately guess yourself.

But having said this, why exactly aren't you convincing me that you have what you need?

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, sure.

You don't know if you have a representative sample. I think you can translate to which of the parameters you don't know/can't accurately guess yourself.

Of course I don't know if I have representative sample. In fact I have no way of knowing that... But I don't have any reason to believe otherwise.

You are free to choose not to believe the results of the poll, of course. Everybody is entitled their own opinion.

By the way, do you also disbelieve the results of polls such as

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126222

And in case you believe the poll on graphics cards, can you point out the differences between the two polls which lead to your different opinions regarding them?

I don't like forum polls at all. Although Chizh's poll has far more respondents, and it's so heavily skewed - but the problem is that there are far, far more people not participating in the forums than there are people playing DCS out there.

ED has the numbers, though they're not going to talk about them. They know how much each module sells, etc.

It has been my experience that polls here can very often fail to represent what the bulk of the customers want or do. That's not to say they can't be correct. Just that you can't know what you've got.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But having said this, why exactly aren't you convincing me that you have what you need?

Trying to shift the burden of proof? Nice try :D

But it won't work here. You are trying to falsify my assumption, and you need to provide the relevant evidence. In other words, you bear the burden of proof.

And in response to your previous post, of course we do not now have enough respondents. But the poll ends in 10 years' time. Why the haste?

Actually no. You made a statement and you should prove it. Asking me to prove that you're wrong was the shifting of burden. You should have proven yourself correct. You can't, and I can't prove you aren't correct, but I can certainly inform you that your confidence is too high :D

Trying to shift the burden of proof? Nice try :D

But it won't work here. You are trying to falsify my assumption, and you need to provide the relevant evidence. In other words, you bear the burden of proof.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually no. You made a statement and you should prove it. Asking me to prove that you're wrong was the shifting of burden. You should have proven yourself correct. You can't, and I can't prove you aren't correct, but I can certainly inform you that your confidence is too high :D

Enough of this... Neither of us can prove anything (can we be more useless? :D)

Again, everybody is free to choose whether he/she buys the results of the poll...

Awww, and I was going to start using numbers. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Imagine this, two different and incompatible simulator:

• DCS(W) - Modern
  • DCS(W) - Historical

It would be interesting to know what the result of the survey was then. I wonder how many would vote for "Indifferent". Definitely can not be indifferent. How many ppl would buy both if is indifferent?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• DCS(W) - Modern
  • DCS(W) - Historical
  • DCS(W) - Helicopters

It would be interesting to know what the result of the survey was then. I wonder how many would vote for "Indifferent". Definitely can not be indifferent. How many ppl would buy both if is indifferent?

And why isnt it looking like this??

Cause its nonsense.

Its the Missionbuilders part to create usefull scenarios.

And also there is Combined Arms and maybe soon a Naval gameplay. How matches this in DCS than???

You are just arguing about your own frustration and this is Useless!!!!!

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

And why isnt it looking like this??

Cause its nonsense.

You "edit" my post and disclose this to what I said and then say that it does not make sense!? Makes good sense about pool results, but your method does not. Why did you do that, that just you can understand.

Its the Missionbuilders part to create usefull scenarios.

As I said, you changed my post to your answer made ​​sense. Wandering.

And also there is Combined Arms and maybe soon a Naval gameplay. How matches this in DCS than???

You left the topic: Which do you prefer, modern or historical airframes? By the way, as for me these arcade game better not to be but if you like it - enjoy, i respect that.

Edited by Falcon_S

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

I just added only DCS Helicopters. And and asked why your original post doesnt look like this......thats all.

And than i argued why it is NOT looking like this.

The Point is we have such threads over and over again. And they Suck.

And about the sense of posts or thread or Poll.

ED is what ED is doing. So posts or threads or Polls started with what they are doing wrong. Seem to be very idiotic cause they change nothing.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• DCS(W) - Modern
  • DCS(W) - Historical

Please define your terms. Modern and historical do not define an era or time frame.

Terms are same as in this pool. :dunno:

Modern and historical do not define an era or time frame.

Exactly. The border definitely is not underlined in DCSW. That's why I said "imagine" (and assign birds in titles where you want). But what if these two titles are incompatible mutually? I think should belong to his time and incompatible. That's why I said:

...Definitely can not be indifferent. ...

That's why I'm confident that there would be not to much votes: indifferent.

I just added only DCS Helicopters. And and asked why your original post doesnt look like this......thats all.

And than i argued why it is NOT looking like this.

The Point is we have such threads over and over again. And they Suck.

And about the sense of posts or thread or Poll.

ED is what ED is doing. So posts or threads or Polls started with what they are doing wrong. Seem to be very idiotic cause they change nothing.

Polls, for what it's worth, reveal the public opinion. They do not assume ED is doing anything wrong or right to begin with. They can be helpful if the results are analyzed carefully and correctly.

Posts that are filled with rage but has no meaning, such as yours, is indeed idiotic and cause nobody to change anything.

Next time keep it to yourself and refrain from replying. Please.

Edited by blackbelter

• DCS(W) - Modern
  • DCS(W) - Historical

People will not react nicely to separate installs.

There's a Simpler way,

When You make a mission, have it so you can set a year, and have Enter/Exit Service Dates for Every aircraft, so if you run a quick mission in 1947, you don't get F-15C's Shooting you down, etc. and Have an "OPEN" option to allow all aircraft (For MP purposes, etc)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

For me, DCS has always been about the modern aspect.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Terms are same as in this pool. :dunno:

Exactly. The border definitely is not underlined in DCSW. That's why I said "imagine" (and assign birds in titles where you want). But what if these two titles are incompatible mutually? I think should belong to his time and incompatible. That's why I said:

That's why I'm confident that there would be not to much votes: indifferent.

This poll is a big misleading and in this moment does not reflect reality, but only some current members pasionate about jet jokeys only. Repeat this one one year later and we can talk more.

Right now, i said before and i am repeating myself, the poll have such reading understanding so that people by default will choose modern. It's about human psychology, like choosing first color red.

I love DCS, and even I discovered pretty recently I am enjoying only those planes with PFM, formely AFM. Anything with PFM will be great... even that Dynosaurus or why not a pterodactil.

Separating installs is the biggest bulshit ever heard...sorry for this bad word but icannot help myself. You have that powerfull editor, create a mission u like, save it as shortcut on destop and voila... your dream is happening.

What about relax, it is summer time and let ED do their job.

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Polls, for what it's worth, reveal the public opinion. They do not assume ED is doing anything wrong or right to begin with. They can be helpful if the results are analyzed carefully and correctly.

Posts that are filled with rage but has no meaning, such as yours, is indeed idiotic and cause nobody to change anything.

Next time keep it to yourself and refrain from replying. Please.

Ive not been in rage sorry.

I just wanted to make my point clear, but i see you did miss it almost.

Should i post again what threads and polls like this are?

Its really like that.

Or do you really believe ED is analysing polls like this????

Also keep in mind that if once WW2 modules are released polls like this will also change.

This is a old Forum and most of the Clients here are flying FC3 Jets or A10-C or whatever, and i understand them. They like to have a Modern DCS Fast mover jet.

ED has decided to do some WW2 planes, but they know almost that many people like to have a Fast Modern Jet. And now why are so many people going to think ED forgot about that????

They didnt! They are just working, need their time and release things to earn some money.

There is nothing wrong with that.

And i say again they know that many people like a modern fast mover.

So what is now the sence of this Poll and the other thread *What ED is doing wrong*.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

There's a Simpler way,

When You make a mission, have it so you can set a year, and have Enter/Exit Service Dates for Every aircraft, so if you run a quick mission in 1947, you don't get F-15C's Shooting you down, etc. and Have an "OPEN" option to allow all aircraft (For MP purposes, etc)

Wow, didn`t know that. :thumbup: That changes things. Thanks.

This picture worried me but I was comforted by SkateZilla and I wanted to ask before his reply: "What's wrong with this picture?":

attachment.php?attachmentid=100774&d=1405020003