Heatblur A-6 Intruder

Brings back memories of the old "Flight of the Intruder" sim. My friend and I would play that endlessly. One of us would fly while the other would be screwing around with DIANE, trying to target things.

I'd always tick him off in that game by split-essing an F-4 from 5,000 ft right onto the carrier deck. AOA modeling nowadays killed that trick.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Maybe someone posted this before but found a really cool video on the EA-6B Prowler and some shots of the tactical jamming stuff (around 3:39 in the video and other parts).

Oh man... An EA-6B would be amazing. Even simplified jamming is badly needed in DCS as it's such an essential part of modern warfare.

• 3 weeks later...

So much more interested about A-6 than F-14... A real attack aircraft in USN arsenal.

That might be a challenge for the Heatblur if they manage to get the license from ED, to sell both modules as both likely has a own fanbase... But very likely almost all get both ones if so happens to be possible :music_whistling:

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

From the 3-D model, it looks like it will be the A-6E TRAM or the later SWIP upgrade. Still very much looking forward to the Intruder and the chance of it becoming a playable module down the road.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

From the 3-D model, it looks like it will be the A-6E TRAM or the later SWIP upgrade. Still very much looking forward to the Intruder and the chance of it becoming a playable module down the road.

I think getting a modern Intruder would be nice especially for Multiplayer, but I wouldnt say no if they wanted to model an earlier Vietnam variant.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I think getting a modern Intruder would be nice especially for Multiplayer, but I wouldnt say no if they wanted to model an earlier Vietnam variant.

The most modern Intruder possible makes the most sense as it would allow for realistic scenarios with the F/A-18C and F-14B.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I see the Intruder more as an attack aircraft then a EW aircraft.

Maybe that's because the Prowler is the EW aircraft :lol:

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I’d love to be able to fly around and buddy tank Tomcats and Hornets with the A6... which probably makes me a bit strange. Lol.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I’d love to be able to fly around and buddy tank Tomcats and Hornets with the A6... which probably makes me a bit strange. Lol.

Seems I‘m a bit strange as well. Would love being the support buddy of the hotshots! Would love to fly the KA-6D

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

The most modern Intruder possible makes the most sense as it would allow for realistic scenarios with the F/A-18C and F-14B.

The A6E in both USN and USMC was already retired by the time of the F/A18C lot 20 came around especially with its post production upgrades. ( ED said with upgrades be more ore less Circa 2005).

The only INtruder variant that served into the 21st century was the Prowler EW variant. F14B is a late 80s- mid 90s variation. With the Hornet variant we have the F14 family as a whole would have only been in service alongside it for 1 more year at best.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD