Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Anyone deleted DCSW 1.2 yet?

hahahahaha

Total confusing.

I think ED made big mistake running 3 versions in same time all community is total chaos and split.I hope be the last time that did that.

Please give us ONE VERSION OF THE GAME so all play together,we do not need one million versions.

Why is this a mistake?

We have a stable version.

We have a OpenBeta version for testing new stuff and help ED on bug search.

We have a OpenAlpha to get test NTTR - if we not have three version, nobody could fly over Nevada.

So be grateful that ED give us the possibility.

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha

Total confusing.

I think ED made big mistake running 3 versions in same time all community is total chaos and split.I hope be the last time that did that.

Please give us ONE VERSION OF THE GAME so all play together,we do not need one million versions.

I don't think "the community", in the main, misunderstands and those that do only have themselves to blame. 1.5 and 2.0 are TEST versions but some are thinking DCS has already moved from 1.2 to a new version. It hasn't, yet. Probably some of those 1.5 and 2.0 players aren't testing, just playing.

EDIT: oops, just saw mwd2's post.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I just have 1.52 and 2.0 installed now. I do have a backup of 1.2 just in case but we'll see what happens. Either way, I'm not worried. :)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I only use the beta branch (current 1.5) for about 2 years now and have no other branch installed since then.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well so by the end of December (or soon) the 3 current version will merge into a Stable 2.0 version ?

(I actually have 1.5.2 installed for MP on caucasus and for friends who didn't by Nevada) and alpha 2.0 because Nevada is nice!)

Version 1.2.6 is deleted because 1.5.2 was working quite well that I couldn't revert to 1.2.6

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Well so by the end of December (or soon) the 3 current version will merge into a Stable 2.0 version ?

(I actually have 1.5.2 installed for MP on caucasus and for friends who didn't by Nevada) and alpha 2.0 because Nevada is nice!)

Version 1.2.6 is deleted because 1.5.2 was working quite well that I couldn't revert to 1.2.6

End of December will 1.5 OpenBeta goes (is planed) out of Beta Status. But 2.0 will stay in Alpha/Beta!

A Review of DCS Versions

At this time we have three different versions of DCS World available and we understand that some of you may be a little confused. In order to provide more clarity, here is what you need to know:

Ver. 1.2. This is the current released (stable) version of the game that includes all modules except the Nevada DLC map and L-39. It however uses our older graphics engine.

You can download it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ads/world/1.2/

Ver. 1.5. This version includes all the same content as Ver. 1.2, but uses the new graphics engine. At the end of December 2015, we plan to move Ver. 1.5 out of Open Beta and make it the new released (stable) version. At that time, Ver. 1.2 will no longer be updated and supported.

You can download it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ads/world/1.5/

Ver. 2.0. This version uses the same, new engine as 1.5, but ONLY works with the Nevada DLC map at this time. We are continually updating the Nevada DLC map now using this version. For now, Ver. 2.0 is being used as a testbed for the Nevada DLC map.

You can download it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ads/world/2.0/

Once versions 1.5 and 2.0 are debugged and working well next year, we will integrate them into a common Ver. 2.0 release (stable) version that will include both the free Caucasus map, the Nevada DLC map, and future maps. At that time, we will drop Ver. 1.5 and Ver. 2.0 will be the only supported DCS World version.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2594578&postcount=5

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thanks for that update, I had somehow missed that one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1.5 + 2.0 development paths

Hi, i'm having difficulty rationalising this, why are we getting seperate updates to DCSW beta and alpha versions?

For example for 1.5.2 we got a memory leak fix which was really helpful in putting up servers and meant a lot to us using the platform.

For 2.0 we get an announcement about reducing the memory allocation, seemingly similar but not identical fixes for each fork?

I don't get why these types of fixes are appearing in seperate versions and different types of fixes for each? It was said that the 2.0 platform was specifically for developing the NTTR map and its integration, not module and platform changes unrelated to that.

Now i'm wondering if the 2.0 platform is better for my DCS group and quite unsure what i'm supposed to be testing for each since the original quoted reasons for the seperate branches don't appear to remain true.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Alpha and Beta versions each have different areas that are being updated in order to have a more successful merge.

You can rest "assured" that ED is not doing all this just for fun. Why would you even think so?

Time and effort is not cheap for such an enterprise.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig