How to add the missing instant action items back to FC3

KalAbaddon

So not sure on the thoughts on this and noticed a few guides that seem to be incomplete, but I also maybe didn't search good enough and missed the good ones. Anyways, here is what I cam up with.

warning, I am not responsible ect... Backup your entire installation first before doing anything.

Simple way

1. Copy this Quickstart.lua to your game install folder under this location

a. "..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\QuickStart\”

2. Use Skatezilla DCS Updater to get all the modules that are prefixed with FC3 (except su25t)

3. Copy all the .miz files from A -> B

a. [skatezilla working directory]\mods\aircraft\[aircraft name]\Missions\Quickstart\

b. [install folder]\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\QuickStart\

4. Enjoy with a few duplicate missions listed ( I am lazy and not sure if this was wanted to much so not gonna to clean it up unless people complain :P )

Harder way Warning when copying files, do not over write the quickstart.lua, you will need the original AND downloaded ones second to last steps for EACH aircraft.

Harder way

1. Use Skatezilla DCS Updater to get all the modules that are prefixed with FC3 (except su25t)

2. Copy all the .miz files from A -> B

a. [skatezilla working directory]\mods\aircraft\[aircraft name]\Missions\Quickstart\

b. [install folder]\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\QuickStart\

3. Edit Quickstart.lua and copy the lines over from the individual aircraft download from the [saktezilla working directory] quickstart.lua to the same file located in the [install folder] Do this for each aircraft.

Each single line looks like the following

{
name = _('Intercept'),
file = 'Caucasus F-15 Intercept.miz',
},

You can make it easier to sort in the instant action menu by editing the bolded line like follows

{
name = _('Caucasus F-15C Intercept'),
file = 'Caucasus F-15 Intercept.miz',
},

4. Once this is done for “Each mission added” enjoy the game. The new FC instant action missions will be under the FC3 module.

Also… EagleDynamics, I am willing to work part time for modules to clean up stuff like this and help unify things. :P wink wink…

Also this is a rough draft to gauge interest, I will clean up the lua to fix the typos and dups if this is wanted by anyone.

Edited by KalAbaddon

Changing the name to include the aircraft is important but adding map name is not necessary since the missions are separated by map in the Instant Action menu.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Changing the name to include the aircraft is important but adding map name is not necessary since the missions are separated by map in the Instant Action menu.

Thanks, that is the type of feedback I am looking for, well any feedback to be honest :P.

I was thinking that was the case since after I set it up I noticed the Caucasus map listed on the right hand side, but I was not sure, I will update it later today or tomorrow. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Is this still an issue with FC3? I'm confused about the training being focussed only on the Su-27... did something change after all these years? After reading lots of stuff reg. the missing content my brain became a mess. How do I know what I miss and what not?

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Is this still an issue with FC3? I'm confused about the training being focussed only on the Su-27... did something change after all these years? After reading lots of stuff reg. the missing content my brain became a mess. How do I know what I miss and what not?

Yes, still the same. The support denied me the keys to standalone versions just because I own FC3.

There's no missing content - it's devs call what to include and what not. But the way they handle it is certainly not well thought of.

Here you have quickstart missions for FC3 aircraft:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1FNNwU4xwU-U2tPTFRhWXZQaEE

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Dear draconus,

thank you for the link and the Information! Seems that things have changed while other things didn't Change like => Nice people in the DCS Forums! :thumbup: Thank you!

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• 3 weeks later...

Great news!

If you haven't already noticed - the missions are back to FC3. Instant action menu is kept short and tidy but the Mission menu contains now all the Instant action missions that were previously available only in Standalone versions.

More, the missions are polished and corrected, with added objects, smokes, etc., even the player's aircraft name is changed so that it's easy to find related events in the debriefing log.

Thanks, good job! :thumbup:

Edited by draconus