109 model improvements?

razo+r

Hm...

As notes in prervious newsletters, both the Bf 109 K-4 and Fw 190 D-9 have also gotten outstanding improvements to their cockpits and external models to bring it to DCS World 2.5 standards.

With the huge updates to the P-51D, Fw 190 D-9, and Bf 109 K04, and all the time and resources invested, the price of each warbird will return to $49.99; however, all three aircraft will take part in our Winter 2018 sale. These are free updates to existing owners.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3729121&postcount=175

i tried to have a closer look...but without having a direct comparison screenshot or anything, its hard to judge if they changed anything on the 3d model...what i assume what they meant with

"improvements to their cockpits and external models" is not actual the 3d model, but also new reflective textures making use of the new render techniques.

the canopies do look really good now from outside views especially in low sunglight conditions.

i tried to have a closer look...but without having a direct comparison screenshot or anything, its hard to judge if they changed anything on the 3d model...what i assume what they meant with

"improvements to their cockpits and external models" is not actual the 3d model, but also new reflective textures making use of the new render techniques.

the canopies do look really good now from outside views especially in low sunglight conditions.

Here you have some screens: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183358

Well they did change the textures but they also wrote that they improved the model. I'm now just hoping they forgot to include that in the update amd that they will actually deliver what they wrote.

I see big improvements, might be more apparent in VR though

Yep, the PBR textures alone are stunning. They also removed the fake, baked-on shadows. Plus, in the FW-190 Dora they finally fixed the issue of the stick - while being pushed forward - clipping into the dashboard.

So yeah, good stuff!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yep, the PBR textures alone are stunning. They also removed the fake, baked-on shadows. Plus, in the FW-190 Dora they finally fixed the issue of the stick - while being pushed forward - clipping into the dashboard.

So yeah, good stuff!

You can still push the stick into the dashboard.