[FIXED INTERNALLY] New Fuzes Sneakeye low attack

paura19

Please could anyone advise me how to setup fuzes on Sneakeyes or setup aircraft to do low level attack (500AGL) or Pop up and make the Sneakeyes detonate?

For me the advantage and purpose of Snakeye is gone. DCS 2.5.4

Edited by paura19

+1

The Hornet training mission on those seems to have become obsolete, unless there's something we're missing in the setup for these bombs.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

In video #1 you're only pulling the nose fuze. Depending on how the bomb is configured that means possible the retarder doesn't open. The FF/RET is only for ballistic prediction and doesn't change the reality of release. Arguably it should be the case that NOSE fuze selection should result in a slick weapon regardless of FF/RET selection.

And the bombs didn't go boom because your TOF was less than the fuze AD, notice the "DUD" caution on the HUD just before release.

Try it from a couple thousand feet with TOF >4s and N/T selection. I bet it will explode.

You might want to try EFUZ. The airplane automatically also pulls the mechanical fuze wires in EFUZ mode so you can't go wrong.

Try it from a couple thousand feet with TOF >4s and N/T selection. I bet it will explode.

But that's not how you want to employ Snakeyes. You want to be low and fast for that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sneakeye explodes from +1200ft, but from high level you don't see CCIP sight. If you do wrong Pop-up and you put CCIP reticle to the target at +-700ft the Sneakeye won't detonate.

Works: NOSE MFuze or OFF MFuze with Delay1.

Like QuiGon sayd.

How do you use Sneakeye from low altitude >1000ft?

I don't want deploy bombs from 2000ft, where are Igla or IR missiles. Other aircrafts M2C, F5 Harrier has no problem with low attack.

But that's not how you want to employ Snakeyes. You want to be low and fast for that.

Absolutely. There’s a definite problem with the pull up cue / DUD caution for snake-eyes and balutes. There way it works at the moment is that the DUD cue and break away cross shows anytime the velocity marker is below the horizon, whilst at low level.

This should not be the case, retarded weapons are designed for be dropped in level or shallow dive delivery’s from less than 1000ft, more like 200ft..... I’m pretty sure the Pull Up Cue and break away cross is indicating incorrectly. I think they just use the standard slick MK-82 values atm.

This might be a separate problem from fuses not arming. Needs more investigation, maybe ED can confirm it’s still WIP.

Absolutely. There’s a definite problem with the pull up cue / DUD caution for snake-eyes and balutes. There way it works at the moment is that the DUD cue and break away cross shows anytime the velocity marker is below the horizon, whilst at low level.

This should not be the case, retarded weapons are designed for be dropped in level or shallow dive delivery’s from less than 1000ft, more like 200ft..... I’m pretty sure the Pull Up Cue and break away cross is indicating incorrectly. I think they just use the standard slick MK-82 values atm.

This might be a separate problem from fuses not arming. Needs more investigation, maybe ED can confirm it’s still WIP.

Indeed, that's what it looks like to me as well. :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Tried today and also couldn't get the MK-82X to detonate. DLY1 or DLY2 should be used for denotation after the bomb penetrated the target (explained in the last Wags video for GBUs).

I noticed that whenever you drop ANY bombs with the "brake X" displayed on the HUD the bomb will not detonate regardless of fuse settings.

I tried with regular MK82 and if you drop the bomb before you have the "brake X" it will detonate... but if you drop it after it will not.

I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

From what I understood, the"brake X" means you are in the frag zone and/or the bomb won't fuse correctly? Does anyone know the exact meaning of the "brake X"?

Edited by Snakedoc

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Tried today and also couldn't get the MK-82X to detonate. DLY1 or DLY2 should be used for denotation after the bomb penetrated the target (explained in the last Wags video for GBUs).

I noticed that whenever you drop ANY bombs with the "brake X" displayed on the HUD the bomb will not detonate regardless of fuse settings.

I tried with regular MK82 and if you drop the bomb before you have the "brake X" it will detonate... but if you drop it after it will not.

From what I understood, the"brake X" means you are in the frag zone and/or the bomb won't fuse correctly? Does anyone know the exact meaning of the "brake X"?

From the EA manual -

Breakaway X. The flashing Breakaway X will appear on the HUD when a ground collision is imminent, or the DUD cue is visible.

DUD Bomb Cue. If a canister weapon is selected and the bomb would impact before it would be armed, the Dud Bomb Cue is displayed.

Pullup Cue. The distance between the Pull Up Cue and the Velocity Vector provides a relative indication of a safe altitude for delivering the selected weapon. For a safe weapon release, the Pull Up Cue should always be below the Velocity Vector. The Pull Up Cue also provides minimum altitude release for cluster munitions.

It's still not entirely clear what factors drive the 3 'cues'. Terrain impact would appear to be one of them, since a velocity vector below the horizon will immediately show the breakaway X (Probably incorrectly I would say). I don't think any of the cues provide warning of the blast / frag zone. I remember Wags has stated this as well.

I still think the 3 different cues are displaying incorrectly with some combinations of munition, release Altitude and dive angle. The new fuzing introduced in the latest update might be confusing the issue as well. This is particularly inhibiting for the accurate low level release of retarded weapons.

Edited by AvroLanc

Mk82SE failes to explode

Please see this video by Paura CZ. I could reproduce it reliably on my DCS open beta install too. I've used them prior to the update at 500ft >500KIAS no problem

MODE CCIP

MFUZ NOSE

EFUSE INST

DRAG RET

Note this was working no problem for me prior to the latest release.

Yes it is definively like You said...I dont know if it is a bug ( think so ), but this way snakeyes are completely unusefull...maybe we should move this thread to BUG REPORTS. I also have the track..

From the EA manual -

Breakaway X. The flashing Breakaway X will appear on the HUD when a ground collision is imminent, or the DUD cue is visible.

DUD Bomb Cue. If a canister weapon is selected and the bomb would impact before it would be armed, the Dud Bomb Cue is displayed.

Pullup Cue. The distance between the Pull Up Cue and the Velocity Vector provides a relative indication of a safe altitude for delivering the selected weapon. For a safe weapon release, the Pull Up Cue should always be below the Velocity Vector. The Pull Up Cue also provides minimum altitude release for cluster munitions.

It's still not entirely clear what factors drive the 3 'cues'. Terrain impact would appear to be one of them, since a velocity vector below the horizon will immediately show the breakaway X (Probably incorrectly I would say). I don't think any of the cues provide warning of the blast / frag zone. I remember Wags has stated this as well.

I still think the 3 different cues are displaying incorrectly with some combinations of munition, release Altitude and dive angle. The new fuzing introduced in the latest update might be confusing the issue as well. This is particularly inhibiting for the accurate low level release of retarded weapons.

thanks for shining some light on it... I saw this 3d has been moved into the BUG section, let's see if any of the ED devs chips in

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

That's sort of irrelevant, this qualitative feeling of how it should work. The reasons for duding are mechanical. The real weapon can be configured in such a way incompatible with what might be considered the normal use case.

The "DUD" cue on the HUD is rather hard to ignore. I doubt that the cue is tied to pipper on or off the HUD. That would be a monumental error in simulation. It's probably just a coincidence with the time of flight being under or over the arming time of the fuze.

With MFUZ nose and the tail retarded still deploying that suggests that the weapon is not configured in the pilot option configuration. Otherwise the weapon would be slick without the tail being pulled. On the other hand the tail retarder being connected to the aft positive arming latch (my understanding is that this latch activates under any positive arming condition, including nose only) would result in a retarder deploying in any case except jettison.

Then there is the question of fuzing. By inspection it might be M904 mechanical in nose and FMU-139 in tail or simply M904 only. FMU-139 should probably be set to 2.6s AD when HD deceleration is sensed and "X" (electronic control) when LD deceleration is sensed. The M904 may be set as low as 2sec AD but requires a set screw safety when less than 6.

My guess is that for some reason the bomb is configured to only explode after 6 or 8 or 10 seconds per a USAF-type interpretation of how to set the M904. The dud cue seems to appear at about 950' level.

Recommendation is to find the exact cutoff AD time (use time acceleration of 1/4 or slower and divide after using a stopwatch to get a precise number). The exact time above/below which the bomb detonates or not will provide a lot of information about what fuze we're dealing with.

And all of the possible combinations of N, T, N/T, electric/mechanical, none, FF or RET, normal release/jettison should be tried to see what's going on.

High Drag Bombs Not Working MK-82YT/Snake Eye

Bomb simply wont explode when they hit the ground, i did the tutorial in game, watched some youtube videos, i did everything as told. one thing that i have noticed is that DUD is showing on my hud, while the videos i watched did not show the DUD sign. i have to fly something like 1000ft for it to disappear and my bombs will explode if i drop them high, if i go lower it wont, for example 500ft radar altitude.

Chutes did deploy, MasterArm on, mode set to AG, MFuze to Nose, Drag set to Retarded. i even tried setting up different EFuzes.

Here are some images showing my bomb settings.

Current DCS version BETA 2.5.4.26368, which is the newest DCS BETA version

20190118233111.thumb.png.0e50cdcd1d78801cdda83ee2f7f99d27.png

Screen_190118_232818.thumb.png.12d408e8a7388337d6e03a44ac82ee4d.png

20190118233043.thumb.png.e990dcd104b3b34a2e74ce2fb99f8684.png

Edited by Selffker

There seems to be something odd with the bombs after the last patch, not only the high drag bombs. If i load 8 bombs (MK83/82/S...CBU) and set an interval to drop all of them most of the times all my bombs just impact without explosion, sometimes one or two explode. I set my bombs like in pic1, dropped them and all impacted without explosion pic2. I was between 2900ft and 2500ft while dropping the 8 MK83, Track also attached. Am i missing something or is something seriously bugged with the last patch? If i drop only one bomb i have no problems most of the time as long as i stay above 870ft(?) but in interval mode as soon as i release the first bomb i get a DUD in the HUD and....nothing.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If your velocity vector go under the Pull-Up cue (horizontal bracket), Breakaway-X and DUD is display. It means your bomb won't be armed because you are too low and it won't explode to protect you from shrapnels.

That was not the case before last patch, but now it works as intended.

Maybe snakeyes pull-up cue is not good at this time and work as if it's a standard Mk-82. I don't know, I haven't test it yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Please see this video by Paura CZ. I could reproduce it reliably on my DCS open beta install too. I've used them prior to the update at 500ft >500KIAS no problem

MODE CCIP

MFUZ NOSE

EFUSE INST

DRAG RET

Note this was working no problem for me prior to the latest release.

I asked this in other thread, thanks for vid to confirm I'm seeing the same thing in open beta, if I run steam version it works perfectly with no "DUD" queue. I can't say if open beta was working correctly before last update because I only had steam version.

:thumbup:

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

Just for the hell of it I tested high drag Mk82s on other platforms... with a 500ft AGL drop, and 500kts where possible (except for the A10, where I just firewalled the throttle).

No problems at all with A-10C (Mk82AIR), F-5E (Mk82SE), A-4E (Mk82SE)... after that I figured its definitely specific to the F/A-18C... and not a problem with Mk82SE in general.

Thought I was going crazy, but...

I too saw Paura's initial response in the comments on Wags' video that appeared the other day regarding the change to fusing options.

I'm also seeing the same thing and was easily able to replicate:

I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem right :(