DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 532 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #5311
=4c=Nikola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJflyer View Post
How would I download and install it though? I have it downloaded on its own so would I have to delete it? and how would I have it installed in the right place? Thanks
Have you tried to bind the serial number from CD cover to your account on DCS website?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #5312
JJflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
Have you tried to bind the serial number from CD cover to your account on DCS website?
I bought it used off of eBay would it still be able to bind?
JJflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #5313
=4c=Nikola

Quote:
I'm not sure. Maybe if previous owner has not binded it. Try it, nothing to lose.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #5314
Shadow KT

Okey, so now with the new JDAM FM, what does it mean if the carrot indicating the start of the release window is not on the 12 o'clock position ?

Does this mean degraded accuracy because not enough flight time or what ? The lower the starting carrot is, the lower the accuracy

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #5315
QuiGon
Veteran

This has always been like that and it just means that the release windows is shorter and/or comes later afaik. It should not have any effect on accuracy.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #5316
shagrat
ED Translator

If the seller has unbound the key, you should be able to bind it to your account.
Quote:

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #5317
Shadow KT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
This has always been like that and it just means that the release windows is shorter and/or comes later afaik. It should not have any effect on accuracy.
I think it meas more than that now, because it the top carrot is lower than 12 o'clock you accuracy starts degrading (with lower altitude releases (not enough flight time))

If it was only for a shorter release window why not just keep the carrot ot 12 o clock and move the second one close, doesn't make sense, it should have a purpose

Old 04-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #5318
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
I think it meas more than that now, because it the top carrot is lower than 12 o'clock you accuracy starts degrading (with lower altitude releases (not enough flight time))

If it was only for a shorter release window why not just keep the carrot ot 12 o clock and move the second one close, doesn't make sense, it should have a purpose
But that's nothing new. The carrot moved lower than the 12 o'clock position since as far back as I can remember and the accuracy was always the same in my experience.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #5319
Shadow KT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
But that's nothing new. The carrot moved lower than the 12 o'clock position since as far back as I can remember and the accuracy was always the same in my experience.
That's what I am trying to say... it is not that way anymore....

now the lower it is, the bigger the inaccuracy, so I am asking for a definition for it... I am about to create some threads under the general bugs sections, as both Maverick, JDAM and HARM guidance is broken right now

Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 AM   #5320
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Should the ALT SCE switch (depending on the position it is in), change the displayed altitude on the HUD ?
Perhaps the plot thickens. Was just browsing AFI11-2A-10CV3 and encountered this which suggested hud alt can differ when in nav

3.10.2.2. If the other flight member/element is also blind, then the flight lead will take action to ensure altitude separation based on the cockpit altimeter or sector deconfliction off a known point. Use a minimum of 500 feet altitude separation when directed to deconflict by altitude. Avoid climbs/descents through the deconfliction altitude. Low Altitude Safety and Targeting Enhancement (LASTE) HUD altimeter readings should not be used as the primary altitude reference for deconfliction due to the potential of significantly different altimeter readings if not operating in NAV mode. Once deconfliction is assured, pilots may use SADL to assist in regaining visual.

i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4 3600, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 500GB Samsung Evo SSD+2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, 39" 4k Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Custom Pit, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat
Puma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view