DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 531 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #5301
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wills View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask this.
I'm new & trying to learn what I can, so bear with me a second.

Is the a-10c still in "Beta" and considered to be "still in development"?
It's long out of Beta, however DCS is constantly evolving/improving, so the A-10C is due a texture update, etc. to match the improved quality of newer modules and fix GFX issues caused by the move to 2.5.x.

Some A-10C weapons are used by the Hornet and ED are taking the opportunity to update weapon models, guidance logic, etc, - these general DCS World 'improvements' may cause bugs in older modules like the A-10C, so are pushed to Steam's

• "openbeta - Public Beta versions"

branch for wider public testing/feedback first.

Quote:
Can it be moved out of open beta - to the other steam edition?
(It takes a long time to reload the different versions is why I ask).
As the A-10C is an older modules, it's available in all of Steam's DCS 'beta' branchs as well as the main 2.5 'release' branch, selected in the Steam beta tab with

• "NONE - opt out of all beta programs"

The difference between release "NONE" and "openbeta", should be relatively small ~3-5 GB, but Steam will validate the current version before performing an update/downgrade.

In the case of 1.2.16 or 1.5.x versions, you are rolling back to DCS versions that are several years old and use older maps, textures, etc., - you are effectively re-downloading the whole game.

Quote:
It would be nice to have it with my other ones or... did I miss something?
If you bought your other modules on Steam, they'll be available in "openbeta" but like the A-10C, may be subject to minor regression bugs, texture issues, etc.

Note: When you change DCS versions, you also update any modules you own to the new version i.e. the Hornet (released in 2.5.x) wasn't available in DCS 1.5.x

Last edited by Ramsay; 03-26-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #5302
Steve Wills

Default A-10c Beta or regular?

Thank you all for such a informative replies. I'm new-ish and i'm trying put things where they should be, so I can try multiplayer. All my planes etc were bought from Steam.

Yes, I'm confused and maybe mixing things up. I was hoping to consolidate (or move) my a-10c to the regular steam version if that was possible or, should it live where it is?
My a-10c (ver 2.5.4.28615) is in the open beta but not in my regular DCS Steam edition. Is that the latest version and, is it where it should be? Thanks for the assist.
Steve Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #5303
Steve Wills

EDIT: my current version seems to be the latest version.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #5304
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wills View Post
Yes, I'm confused and maybe mixing things up. I was hoping to consolidate (or move) my a-10c to the regular steam version if that was possible or, should it live where it is?

My a-10c (ver 2.5.4.28615) is in the open beta but not in my regular DCS Steam edition. Is that the latest version and, is it where it should be? Thanks for the assist.
If by open beta, you mean you've bought the A-10C module from ED's store and are running 'Standalone' Open Beta - then, NO it can't be transferred to your Steam version.

However by linking your Steam profile to your ED account you should be able to import most/all your Steam modules to DCS standalone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Please note that the transferred products will now be available in your Standalone install and also remain available in your Steam Version.

You may also only transfer from Steam to Standalone, Standalone to Steam transfer is not available.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...41&postcount=1
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:42 PM   #5305
Steve Wills

Got it...thank you.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #5306
Shadow KT

Should the ALT SCE switch (depending on the position it is in), change the displayed altitude on the HUD ?

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:21 PM   #5307
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Should the ALT SCE switch (depending on the position it is in), change the displayed altitude on the HUD ?
Im going to guess it does not. Since the hud symbology already includes separate displays for rad alt and baro alt, having the switch change either would be confusing and extraneous.

I was surprised not to see more options in the iffcc test menu, but only metric and tapes settings come up.

i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4 3600, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 500GB Samsung Evo SSD+2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, 39" 4k Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Custom Pit, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat
Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #5308
JJflyer

I have the disk version of A-10C (not sure what version, will check this afternoon) how do I add it to my world install? (so that I can use the A-10 in the world interface)
Thanks
P.S. Do I do the same thing with The original black shark (not BS2 but the original)

Last edited by JJflyer; 04-11-2019 at 12:56 PM.
JJflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #5309
tintifaxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJflyer View Post
I have the disk version of A-10C (not sure what version, will check this afternoon) how do I add it to my world install? (so that I can use the A-10 in the world interface)
Thanks

I would use SkateZillas excellent DCS Updater tool to download and install the module. First time you want to fly the A-10C it will ask you for a serial number. Input the serial from the disk version and you should be ready to go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Last edited by tintifaxl; 04-11-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Link to tool
tintifaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #5310
JJflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
I would use SkateZillas excellent DCS Updater tool to download and install the module. First time you want to fly the A-10C it will ask you for a serial number. Input the serial from the disk version and you should be ready to go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053
How would I download and install it though? I have it downloaded on its own so would I have to delete it? and how would I have it installed in the right place? Thanks
JJflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view