DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 528 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 02:43 PM   #5271
ricktoberfest

I’m pretty sure it’s automated. You press the start test and then it checks everything with out you having to do anything. I’m assuming you mean on the hud where it asks you to press enter to begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #5272
Gliptal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post
I’m pretty sure it’s automated. You press the start test and then it checks everything with out you having to do anything. I’m assuming you mean on the hud where it asks you to press enter to begin

Actually if you read the text it does tell you to perform some action during the test.
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #5273
ricktoberfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Actually if you read the text it does tell you to perform some action during the test.

Ill have to check that out next time. I always thought it was telling you what it was doing, not asking you to do something.

ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #5274
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Does anyone follow what the pre-flight BIT test wants you to do ? Does something have to happen ?

Should it react the moment you complete a command ?

Should it trip some kind of a master caution if you make it correctly ?
In DCS world it isn’t modeled correctly. Pilots have to interact for the test to proceed on the real a-10
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #5275
Voodoo_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
In DCS world it isn’t modeled correctly. Pilots have to interact for the test to proceed on the real a-10
Same thing with the F/A-18. The auto start option does some of the tests as far as I know (Test air refuel extender, max out the controls, etc.) - But mostly I skip those in the sim too. (Same thing with the A-10C)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #5276
Frederf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Does anyone follow what the pre-flight BIT test wants you to do?
Here's a guess. IFFCC stays off until very late in the startup, after alignment and engines but before taxi. With IFFCC switch off I have relevant CAP lights: GCAS, LASTE, EAC. Set IFFCC Test. GCAS, LASTE extinguish. Set EAC arm. EAC extinguish. But by procedure EAC isn't on yet so turn EAC off again.

Looks like the 4-character hex codes are XXYY where XX is the test series, e.g. A0 or 30, and YY is the element in that series e.g. 40, 50, 80.

PREFLIGHT BIT
TESTING
 CENTER YAW TRIM AND PRESS T.O. TRIMWait for pilot to set trims. Progress when T/O trim light illuminates.
A0B1CAUTION LIGHT: OBSERVE CAP LIGHTS ONGuessing that this step throws SAS switches off (reasoning later) so you'd get lights for those two as well as EAC. By procedure SAS switches would be set on prior to this BIT. Probably a timed progression. Look that the lights are what they should be.
A0C1LASTE: SET EAC SW IN ARMEAC shouldn't engage with SAS off as this step should demonstrate. Probably progresses when the EAC switch is on but doesn't stick.
 SAS: ENGAGE SAS SWITCHESOK now that SAS is on. Time to check EAC engagement for a different result. Progression when SAS on.
 LASTE: SET EAC SW IN ARMThe second time EAC arm is prompted but should have a different result as SAS are on. Progression when EAC on and sticks.
A040, A050, A080 No clue what these are doing, some static checks not requiring pilot input perhaps.
3004 Similarly blank, some kind of GCAS prep?
 Horizon lineNot apparently part of GCAS BIT but perhaps a temporary horizon in preparation of simulating a situation for GCAS BIT to function. It's not seen when running GCAS BIT standalone.
3005MONITOR GCAS MESSAGESTelling pilot to watch and listen for proper GCAS cues
 GCAS XProbably false data is fed into system to confirm GCAS treats it like a real situation and responds properly
3005DO NOT MOVE THE STICK AND RUDDER PEDALThis is interesting. It's possibly moving controls and/or monitoring pressures and/or positions of flight controls. I bet if the pilot moved the controls here it would result in the test faulting. Notably this is part of GCAS BIT.

Oddly procedure right after the preflight BIT is to engage SAS. Not sure if this is an action to do or just to verify SAS engaged. According to the BIT process SAS should by engaged during and still be on after.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #5277
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
Here's a guess. IFFCC stays off until very late in the startup, after alignment and engines but before taxi. With IFFCC switch off I have relevant CAP lights: GCAS, LASTE, EAC. Set IFFCC Test. GCAS, LASTE extinguish. Set EAC arm. EAC extinguish. But by procedure EAC isn't on yet so turn EAC off again.
You guessed wrong.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:53 AM   #5278
eaglecash867

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up, Snoopy. I had always wondered why the BIT in the DCS A-10C progressed to the end, regardless of input. Every aircraft I've had experience with IRL has always required interaction in order for the tests to progress. Now we have a definitive answer as to whether or not the BIT in DCS is modeled correctly.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:00 AM   #5279
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecash867 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, Snoopy. I had always wondered why the BIT in the DCS A-10C progressed to the end, regardless of input. Every aircraft I've had experience with IRL has always required interaction in order for the tests to progress. Now we have a definitive answer as to whether or not the BIT in DCS is modeled correctly.
I know years ago I supplied the info to one of the devs to make the test interactive but that was after the A-10C was considered feature complete so it didn't get updated. Not a big deal, most people would get tired of having to do it anyways.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #5280
eaglecash867

Quote:
I know years ago I supplied the info to one of the devs to make the test interactive but that was after the A-10C was considered feature complete so it didn't get updated. Not a big deal, most people would get tired of having to do it anyways.
Heh...I still run through it religiously as if the jet cares. Old habits die hard I guess.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view