DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 483 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #4821
cthulhu68

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired_old_sarge View Post
I know pitch, yaw etc, needs to be set up but am pretty well lost after that..
I am looking forward to learning the Hotas Warthog controller as I learn the plane.

A quick rundown on what you'll use all the time

DMS- Mainly used for zooming in/out your TGP. Toggling through waypts., weapons, gunsights, and inc/dec scale of TAD.

TMS- In TGP mode this switches from area to track mode for locking moving tgts. Other main functions- create markpoints, designate a SPI, slew SPI to steerpoint

China Hat- Recenters everything. Switch TGP from wide to narrow FOV. Mainly used for slaving TGP to steerpt and slaving other things to SPI.

Boat switch-toggles your TGP cameras

Coolie Switch- Used to toggle through MFCD screens and HUD and make them your SOI.

Now you just have to learn what all the alphabet soup means.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #4822
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired_old_sarge View Post
I was not sure if it would come basically plug and play or if I would have to completely set it up for everything.
The TM HOTAS Warthog is almost perfectly set up out of the box with DCS A-10C.

As others have mentioned, there is one hat in particular that isn't set up correctly, which is the trim hat on the stick. By default, it's mapped to view controls, but since you have TrackIR, you can easily remove the view controls and map it to trim (Controls -> HOTAS -> Trim Nose Up/Down/Right/Left).

Depending on your preferred method of learning, there are excellent guides like the one you already have, there are tons of videos on YouTube about the A-10C, and there are lots of experienced players willing to teach newcomers in Multiplayer. I'm sure you'll be killing tanks in no time.

The only thing that really matters is that you're willing to learn. I keep mentioning this: I've flown the DCS A-10C since it was released in Beta, and I still learn stuff with almost every flight.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #4823
Skaufman1974

Default Where did the unguided bomb training mission go?

Hi,
The other day I was doing the training mission with free fall bombs where it teaches you the CCIP and CCRP symbology. I think I did an update and I can't find that training mission anymore. Am I just imagining things? Thanks!
Skaufman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:13 AM   #4824
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

In my installation I can't find a training mission on unguided bombs, either. I'm not 100% sure there was such a mission, but it would make sense to explain CCIP and CCRP for unguided bombs. Or does anyone know which mission these topics are hidden in?
Old 11-28-2016, 01:26 AM   #4825
mvsgas
Veteran

Did you guys check the manual, page 532 to 544?

Also,
https://www.google.com/#q=A-10+CCIP+site:youtube.com
https://www.google.com/#q=A-10+CCIP+...orums.eagle.ru

I know is not the same but has all the same info.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 11-28-2016 at 01:32 AM.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:45 AM   #4826
twistking

Hello,
i'm new to the a-10c and now have my first problem, that i could not solve.
when equipped with 4 (!) aim-9s, i can only lock on and fire two of them. if the first two are gone, the remaining two missiles' seeker seem to be deavtivated. there is no sound and no hud-symbols. i can still fire them unguided however. on the missile control page (where you can power on the mavericks etc.) there is the osd-button that says "aim-9 off" or similar, but when i click it, nothing happens.
the air-to-air mode with the aim-9s is very straight forward, so i really don't know, what i could have done wrong.
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:22 AM   #4827
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
Did you guys check the manual, page 532 to 544?
Sure, there's tons of info on that topic. I just seem to remember that there used to be a specific training mission, which served as a very easy introduction. Or is that just my imagination and there never was such a mission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
when equipped with 4 (!) aim-9s, i can only lock on and fire two of them. if the first two are gone, the remaining two missiles' seeker seem to be deavtivated.
That's weird; last time I tried that, I think I had no problems firing all 4 of them. AFAIK there should be no problems.

Anyway, after firing the first two missiles, did you take the system out of the A2A mode and then switch that mode back on? Maybe cycling the master mode might help.

Can you set up a very simple mission to illustrate the problem, and then save the track of your flight and upload it here so that we can virtually "look over your shoulder"?
Old 11-28-2016, 04:54 AM   #4828
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Sure, there's tons of info on that topic. I just seem to remember that there used to be a specific training mission, which served as a very easy introduction. Or is that just my imagination and there never was such a mission?
Honestly, I do not remember. Last time I did the training missions on the A-10C was 6 years ago, IIRC.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #4829
Gliptal

Do the missiles come off the same rack or is it one per pylon?
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #4830
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Anyway, after firing the first two missiles, did you take the system out of the A2A mode and then switch that mode back on? Maybe cycling the master mode might help.

Can you set up a very simple mission to illustrate the problem, and then save the track of your flight and upload it here so that we can virtually "look over your shoulder"?
I'm pretty sure, i was cycling everything. But i'll test again. Btw. the manual talks about HOTAS controls when aim-9 are SOI. I do not fully understand the concept of aim-9s being SOI. I guess it simply means, HUD in AirToAir-Mode being SOI?

Btw. it was a flight directly from editor in cold weather with a cold start. I'll also check with a warm start in mild weather conditions, just to make sure, systems are all working as intended.
If it still doesn't work, i'll upload a track file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Do the missiles come off the same rack or is it one per pylon?
It was one missile per Pylon. Strage isn't it? The remaining number of missiles (one per pylon) was also correctly listed in the weapon control screen.
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view