DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 433 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #4321
electro_monkey

shagrat, please find attached. I know that I should lase the target before release, but don't do it due to bad habit
If you manage to hit the targets, please upload a track.
Attached Files
File Type: miz LGB wind.miz (7.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #4322
shagrat
ED Translator

I'll try in a couple hours when back at home and report back.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #4323
taiyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Please upload the MIZ file here or link to it... I would like to check that mission... Sounds strange, as wind isn't that much if a problem... Ah, by the way, you do lase the target to update the elevation/distance before bomb release?
Sorry, I could not upload as it is an attachment to paid magazine.
http://pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.a...&issueid=96971
As I understand the systems - I do not lase.
May be the issue is not the wind directly, but the plane stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro_monkey View Post
taiyang
You can find wind data on CDU strinfo page (UFC func + 0 )
Tried to drop some LGBs with 50 m/s wind fom different directions and with autolase time 8 and 15 seconds : they didn't hit the target, but there was no autolase fail error either, so wind is not the root cause.

Don't think that A-10 computer can do such suggestions after bomb release because there is no datalink between it and released bomb.
I think A-10 computer suggests based on the calculated bomb trajectory. That is why autolase fail appeares immediatly after releasing a bomb.

Anyway that is the point that missed in manual.
taiyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #4324
shagrat
ED Translator

I'll try to check that. I rarely use autolase, but I suggest it shouldn't be much more difficult to implement, than normal CCRP delivery with manually activating the laser.

Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
Old 05-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #4325
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
shagrat, please find attached. I know that I should lase the target before release, but don't do it due to bad habit
If you manage to hit the targets, please upload a track.
Well, we were talking "realistic" scenarios, not "How much wind can you set to make flying impossible".

If you manage to start and land the plane from Batumi, I'll try hitting something with LGBs or whatever... The problem in that mission is Wind is set to 50m/sec something like 90kts plus!

Took ma a few seconds to notice, as you made it a tail wind... after setting EAP to circle and nearing the shore quickly,though...

Old 05-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #4326
electro_monkey

shagrat the purpose of this mission was just to check if the wind can affect autolase fail error But after you said
Quote:
wind isn't that much if a problem
I thought that it's possible to hit the target even with such wind and I'm just doing something wrong
Old 05-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #4327
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
shagrat the purpose of this mission was just to check if the wind can affect autolase fail error But after you said

I thought that it's possible to hit the target even with such wind and I'm just doing something wrong
Well, yeah if it is 15 may be 20kts, but not 90kts plus! Hmm, I should try against the wind... in theory if you drop behind the target the wind should blow it back on target?!

Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #4328
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

If I my join the discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiyang View Post
I think I have found reason and solution.
I flew according to a tutorial to learn laser bombs. Targets of the tutorial are - to hit Oil station with GBU-10 (that I always succeeded) and to hit 5 armored targets with GBU-12 (I managed to hit 1 or 2 before getting autolase fail).
In the screenshot you posted in your original description, the TGP is off (or rather, it's just starting up). As far as I know lasing won't work without the TGP.

So whatever else goes wrong doesn't matter. Why is your TGP just starting in that screenshot?

When you hit a target and then miss other targets because of "Autolase fail", is your TGP off as well?

The only (relatively) reliable way to help you is if you post a track of your mission (*). Can you do that?

(*) Now that's an interesting dilemma. Do I understand correctly that the mission came with the DCS A-10C Special Edition of PC Pilot and that people are not allowed to upload said mission? Since a track always includes the original mission, uploading a track might violate PC Pilot's terms of use. Anyone know if they'd be offended (BeachAV8R?)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiyang View Post
So it became obvious that I have had to consider wind and drop bombs along one radial (don't know how to check wind in dcs), also I increased laser time from 10 seconds (according to the tutorial, not sure why it should be 10) to 12 seconds and as a result I have hitted all the targets !
10 to 12 seconds lase time is usually recommended. Personally, when using autolase, I set 10 seconds lase time and my bombs hit > 90%. With manual lasing, I also start to lase 10 seconds before impact and get a very good hit rate.

In any case, whether lasing 10 or 12 seconds doesn't have anything to do with the "Autolase fail" error you've been getting, or does it?

Edit: PM'd BeachAV8R to get feedback regarding track files from PC Pilot missions.

Last edited by Yurgon; 05-05-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #4329
taiyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
If I my join the discussion...

In the screenshot you posted in your original description, the TGP is off (or rather, it's just starting up). As far as I know lasing won't work without the TGP.

So whatever else goes wrong doesn't matter. Why is your TGP just starting in that screenshot?

When you hit a target and then miss other targets because of "Autolase fail", is your TGP off as well?

The only (relatively) reliable way to help you is if you post a track of your mission (*). Can you do that?

(*) Now that's an interesting dilemma. Do I understand correctly that the mission came with the DCS A-10C Special Edition of PC Pilot and that people are not allowed to upload said mission? Since a track always includes the original mission, uploading a track might violate PC Pilot's terms of use. Anyone know if they'd be offended (BeachAV8R?)?

10 to 12 seconds lase time is usually recommended. Personally, when using autolase, I set 10 seconds lase time and my bombs hit > 90%. With manual lasing, I also start to lase 10 seconds before impact and get a very good hit rate.

In any case, whether lasing 10 or 12 seconds doesn't have anything to do with the "Autolase fail" error you've been getting, or does it?

Edit: PM'd BeachAV8R to get feedback regarding track files from PC Pilot missions.
I posted a screenshot were I already got a fail. So I will post screenshot a second before autolasefail and it will clarify the state of the systems including TGP.
taiyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #4330
shagrat
ED Translator

That is not the point... The "Not timed out" message on the right MFCD is indicating, that the TGP is still spooling up... It takes 3minutes after you switched the TGP switch on the AACP (below the left MFCD)...
Did you start that mission in air? Or did you ramp start the A-10C.

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view