DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 33 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #321
Kaiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalahama View Post
Will INS Draft be modelled? Will OAT gauge be functional in A-10C?

Regards!
INS drift shouldnt really be a player as the A-10C has an EGI which uses a GNSS embedded in an inertial which has 0 drift unless you have no GNSS reception.
Kaiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #322
Pyroflash

Another question, Will there be any sort of in-game ACMI and/or gun cam recording that is built into the sim?

Also, what kind of air to air engagement modes will we be able to use on the A-10C? I assume with no radar it will be limited, but the A-10A's method of engagement with the AIM-9's is fickle, and I am wondering if we will have options for the missile to keep a lock if a target goes outside of the bore sight, but is still within the missile's seeker limits.

Last edited by Pyroflash; 08-16-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Pyroflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #323
Olgerd
ED Team

Send a message via ICQ to Olgerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
INS drift shouldnt really be a player as the A-10C has an EGI which uses a GNSS embedded in an inertial which has 0 drift unless you have no GNSS reception.
Anyway we hope to implement it cause sattelites can be lost. The best way would be to implement both components - GPS and INS integrated by a Kalman filter. Will see..

К чему стадам дары свободы?
Их должно резать или стричь.
Наследство их из рода в роды
Ярмо с гремушками да бич.
Olgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #324
GGTharos
Veteran

Guessing that you are coming from FC2 - realistic engagement methods are far more usable. The real missile for example tracks happily within its seeker gimbals which are about 40 deg on a side for the 9M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroflash View Post
Also, what kind of air to air engagement modes will we be able to use on the A-10C? I assume with no radar it will be limited, but the A-10A's method of engagement with the AIM-9's is fickle, and I am wondering if we will have options for the missile to keep a lock if a target goes outside of the bore sight, but is still within the missile's seeker limits.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #325
GGTharos
Veteran

Out of curiosity, are Kalman loops difficult to implement? It was my understanding that they usually work better in hardware than in software, but I could easily be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olgerd View Post
Anyway we hope to implement it cause sattelites can be lost. The best way would be to implement both components - GPS and INS integrated by a Kalman filter. Will see..

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #326
amalahama

Quote:
Great news Olgerd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
You are right, but I'm confident that it'd be implemmented in DCS:Ka50 as well via patch - and that can be really interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Out of curiosity, are Kalman loops difficult to implement? It was my understanding that they usually work better in hardware than in software, but I could easily be wrong.
IIRC from my degree, Kalman filters work in Z space so they are very prone to be implemented in digital systems. I've never seen a Kalman filter implemented anywhere outside MATLAB, but in the source code of CSP (Combat Simulation Project) there some difital filter implementation classes (IIR filter if I remind correctly) acting as PID for F-16 FCS, so my guess it's possible to be implmented in a real time process with no more than the typical problems that usually come up as programming this sort of stuff.

Regards!!

amalahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #327
Kaiza

Quote:
Wow, thats one hell of a level of detail!
Kaiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #328
Pyroflash

Yeah, you pretty much answered my question there GGT, Thanks.

Edit: Also, will there possibly be failure options for multiple satellites that are located above the region? It would be interesting if for some reason you lost GPS guidance because a satellite went down mid mission. It could also be really useful if you were doing some sort of contingency training for if one or more critical nav systems aboard your jet failed. Or practice in how to best employ GPS/INS guided bombs without a GPS signal.

It could also be neat for multiplayer missions. have a certain base in which defenses need to be taken out in order for a special ops team to infiltrate and steal the access codes for GPS satellites or whatever. Taking down that heavily defended base would render a certain team's GPS based systems unusable for the rest of the game.

Last edited by Pyroflash; 08-17-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Pyroflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #329
Olgerd
ED Team

Send a message via ICQ to Olgerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroflash View Post
Yeah, you pretty much answered my question there GGT, Thanks.

Edit: Also, will there possibly be failure options for multiple satellites that are located above the region? It would be interesting if for some reason you lost GPS guidance because a satellite went down mid mission. It could also be really useful if you were doing some sort of contingency training for if one or more critical nav systems aboard your jet failed. Or practice in how to best employ GPS/INS guided bombs without a GPS signal.

It could also be neat for multiplayer missions. have a certain base in which defenses need to be taken out in order for a special ops team to infiltrate and steal the access codes for GPS satellites or whatever. Taking down that heavily defended base would render a certain team's GPS based systems unusable for the rest of the game.
The most possible situation during wartime when GPS becomes unusable is - GPS jamming.

К чему стадам дары свободы?
Их должно резать или стричь.
Наследство их из рода в роды
Ярмо с гремушками да бич.
Olgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #330
Pyroflash

True, but I was just shooting off some thoughts that ran accross my brain at the moment

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view