Question on radar elevation

Sylosis

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question on the F5 radar range. I've been flying the F5 for maybe a month now, as my "main" plane and I just recently noticed one thing.

When I pitch the airplane, with relatively high G force, the antenna seems to keep pointing at the same point.

What I mean, and what I am actually experiencing within the cockpit, is that if I pull on the stick, for example, the line on my radar indicating the elevation will drop down, instead of following the nose of the aircraft. So if I set it at "0" with the plane leveled, when I pull it's going to go to -30 (for example).

I assume this is normal behavior? Or is there a button that switches between "fixed antenna" (that follows my movement) versus "free antenna" (that would keep looking at one point and ignore the plane movement).

Tried looking in the manual and didn't find anything. Maybe I was not looking for the right keywords... I don't know.

Thanks for any help.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Seems there is a second thread on this topic. Sorry about my mistake, didn't realize it until after I posted this.

Terribly sorry

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

yes and yes.

in general operation, fighter search radars are stabilized to the horizon, otherwise your contacts can appear and disappear with the slightest change in attitude.

all aircraft have close-quarter radar modes that lock the radar to aircraft attitude, in the f-5 they are activated with the DG/DM switch.

Edited by probad