F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

qiCX6tGPmR8

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Italian F-16, mid air close call (@ 3:55)

GfBog53NcU8

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

there are so many blocks and configurations of the F-16 it's not even funny,

if Anyone was to Attempt to Do a DCS:F-16, there will be so many requests for different blocks, it would be almost impossible to decide.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if Anyone was to Attempt to Do a DCS:F-16, there will be so many requests for different blocks, it would be almost impossible to decide.

If/When ED or a Third Party do one, I hope you chaps hire some extra mods. The number of threads complaining "it's not my F-16" will be immense :P

• Like 1

Block 50/52 will be fine ;)

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Let's keep things simple.. ;-)

Well, let's say ED (Or a third party) will make 3 versions of the F16, create a poll and see which versions will get the most votes....:music_whistling:

Then everybody had their chance to let ED know which ones are the favorite ones.....

Edited by Danzer
  • Like 1

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

This thread is dedicated to mvsgas. I have love affair with f-16 but the love of mvsgas is extrem

:D

I worked on those things 10 to 18 hour a day, 5 to 7 days a week, from 1997 to 2004 and 2008 to 2012...I either love it or suffer from Stockholm syndrome (not trying to make light of a serious condition).

no wonder he has 5000 posts :P I also wondered many times why the mods haven't merged this with the US wishlist thread or one of the military & aviation threads. I guess the mods got tired of merging f16 threads every week :P

In the nine years I have been around here, the F-16 has become a topic a few times...wow, nine years.

Agreed.

If/When ED or a Third Party do one, I hope you chaps hire some extra mods. The number of threads complaining "it's not my F-16" will be immense :P

true

Block 50/52 will be fine ;)

cool

There's so many US aircraft in the sim already. Why not something like a block 15 MLU from the EPAF ( European Participating Forces)?

Sounds legit

Well, let's say ED (Or a third party) will make 3 versions of the F16, create a poll and see which versions will get the most votes....:music_whistling:

Then everybody had their chance to let ED know which ones are the favorite ones.....

I like it, :thumbup:

Here is an example of a heavily modified F-16 block 52+, looking similar to Israel's version of the 52+. Note the larger intake lights ( with additional equipment behind/under them), Block 40/42 style HUD, OBOGS intakes, large bulbous added around the air frame as well, etc.

G76b9Vf_qMU

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

XXI-Qzq12yY

To whom it may concern,

Nice beautiful personalities fly beautiful fighters.

I would not bother which Block. Any Block will work for me but that thing should be F-16

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

The cool thing about it, they could make a Block 10 ( Like the Danish F-16 previously posted) and that exact tail number could be a A model block 10 (with its cockpit) click some option and it could be same capabilities as a block 15 (circa 1985), other options still it could have the avionics of a block 20 to a 50 (circa 2000, 2014, etc.) and be accurate model and not require an additional external model. Just the cockpit, its capabilities, systems, etc. would change. And if they model the engine, it could be used on the F-15.

Edit

I guess the would have to move the landing and taxi light, add the skin patches and some minor external model mods, but it would be close to be accurate. I'm also starting to doubt its capabilities since I can't find any photos of E-194 with A2G load out.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

JtwdEz_hw4g

To whom it may concern,

3En8O_7EB4o

To whom it may concern,

-pUPCVxcQus

To whom it may concern,

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am pretty damn sure this is the aircraft everybody has been waiting for, definitely more than the F-16. I can only imagine how good the flight physics would be on this one!

It's already been done in RL so it should not be a big problem. :P

Unless you were talking about the Dr.1. :D

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The cool thing about it, they could make a Block 10 ( Like the Danish F-16 previously posted) and that exact tail number could be a A model block 10 (with its cockpit) click some option and it could be same capabilities as a block 15 (circa 1985), other options still it could have the avionics of a block 20 to a 50 (circa 2000, 2014, etc.) and be accurate model and not require an additional external model. Just the cockpit, its capabilities, systems, etc. would change. And if they model the engine, it could be used on the F-15.

Edit

I guess the would have to move the landing and taxi light, add the skin patches and some minor external model mods, but it would be close to be accurate. I'm also starting to doubt its capabilities since I can't find any photos of E-194 with A2G load out.

That would be the type of Block Confusion Every Developer would want to Avoid.

The Best option would be to Model a Off the Line F-16C Block 25,

not to Modern, not to old.

There's at least 27 Operaters of the F-16's each with their own Customized components/Blocks.

The UAE has Block 60 w/ AESA, Avionics Upgrades and Engine Upgrade.

With nearly 30 Countries operating the Airframe, you're not gonna be able to model it after every possible country's specs. And you're not gonna make everyone happy.

F-16 A/B:

Block 1

Block 5

Block 10

Block 15

Block 20

F-16C/D:

Block 25

Block 30

Block 32

Block 40

Block 42

Block 50

Block 52

F-16E/F:

Block 60

Then you have Operator Modifications to Each Block, Then you have Technology Demonstrators for New Blocks (ie F-16V)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Agreed.

Off the line block 25= no AIM 120, no smart bombs, PW-200, no TGP/Nav pod...I like it

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Blk 25 has AN/APG-68 (V), Upgraded ECCM, AGM-65D, AIM-120 etc

Blk 25 has AN/APG-68 (V), Upgraded ECCM, AGM-65D, AIM-120 etc

Not off the line, AIM-7/120 was added latter on and never seen the AIM-7 loaded, not even during Desert Storm.

To whom it may concern,

Like I said, months and months we can all debate which block to do, lol.