Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Hehe.. the one lone red one... I wonder who's that is...:music_whistling:

:bounce::thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

IT IS DONE.

WlLaAfE.jpg

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2900369

Had to make a modification to the bracket as I discovered last night that the assembly was rocking slightly in the Y axis.

Should give you 20 degrees of throw in any direction.

Creative commons attribution and sharealike license. Deltaalphalima1, if you want to print and sell these with your kits you are more than welcome to, but I'd ask that you give people the option to buy kits without 3d printed parts in case they want to save a bit of money and print their own.

Edited by 98abaile

IT IS DONE.

Wow!! That looks great. Great job on thoes 3D printed parts - glad you got it all working in the end :thumbup:

I'll for sure look at making an even better PCB for use with your mounts, so people can 3D print them themselves, as well as trying to get a complete prebuilt solution with thumbstick with the parts I've been working on done.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

These look great!

When do you have the next batch planned? I'd be very much interested!

I don't have another batch planned yet - if some more people still want them I think I can do another smaller batch within about a month, I just need enough names to justify the cost of buying the all the sensors.

I'm still working on the thumbstick version, the first complete prototype will be finished next week. If I’m happy with it then that will be coming very soon!!

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

I'm pleased to announce I will be doing another batch of my force sensor upgrade kits!!!

They should be ready to ship by early June, I'm now accepting pre-orders:

Price is:

£150 for the base unit +

Free shipping to the UK

£10 for the rest of the world

All items are sent international tracked and signed.

Anyone who is interested please message me as always.

After almost a month of extensive use I must say, the force sensor upgrade kit is working really great. It's much more fun then the original TM sensor and is very reliable. Good stuff!

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Nice job !

Do you have a picture of the insides? I don't really understand how the stick is held in place.

Which stick do you mean?

The one I am selling is pushed into the throttle from the outside, it is designed to be a snug fit, so it is held in with friction. Since you will naturally always be pushing on the sensor in use, and not pulling it should never have any issues with coming loose.

If you mean the one posted by 98abaile, I believe it uses a 3D printed plastic part to clamp the mini joystick between the screws that hold the throttle together and the front of the throttle.

Just a quick note for anyone considering Deltaalphalime1's Warthog Slew upgrade.

Install was easy and it took about 2 seconds to get use to the new slew control, and what a difference it makes.

The slew control is touch sensitive with virtually no movement which makes it really easy to control the radar cursor. A giant leap compared to the old warthog slew control.

It may not be the cheapest upgrade, but in my opinion well worth it.

Just a quick note for anyone considering Deltaalphalime1's Warthog Slew upgrade.

Install was easy and it took about 2 seconds to get use to the new slew control, and what a difference it makes.

The slew control is touch sensitive with virtually no movement which makes it really easy to control the radar cursor. A giant leap compared to the old warthog slew control.

Yep! THIS!

I'm going to write a longer review once I've had more time to test it, but this does sum things up pretty well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

If I was to send you a throttle could you locate a used device and install ir and test it ? What would the chrge be my oscope was stollen when my house was ripped off. It was in a storage building on the property that they. Broke in to.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

If I was to send you a throttle could you locate a used device and install ir and test it ? What would the chrge be my oscope was stollen when my house was ripped off. It was in a storage building on the property that they. Broke in to.

You want to ship it to the UK and then have it shipped back for a part that just plugs in and is calibrated with an app on your PC? If it's the force sensitive one you're after you don't even need to take the handle off the throttle to assemble it; it's literally 3 large and one small screw that need to be removed and you can push the stock slew out from behind.

Mine arrived yesterday. Installation today in ca 20 min. Super easy with the manual from Deltaalphalima1.

Quick kalibration and i never "Slewed" so good.:thumbup:

I join my predecessor:

1.thumb.jpg.0484a004270ca9e8373aa160e7c99e14.jpg

Edited by BlackLibrary

Mine arrived yesterday. Installation today in ca 20 min. Super easy with the manual from Deltaalphalima1.

Quick kalibration and i never "Slewed" so good.:thumbup:

Fantastic! Glad to hear it's working out well for everyone!! :thumbup: :joystick:

In lack of money I´m very much interested in the cheaper development. If this would come similar to the professional solution it´ll be very much appreciated.

Keep up your good work. With people like yours flight simming is even more fun. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I would be interested in one of these

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Follow up, I installed a push button to replace the one built into the original slew.

7ni8Wry.jpg

Placed just behind the speed brake. Its low profile, my thumb naturally misses it when I use the brake. I originally thought I'd install a slightly raised plastic guard around it to protect against accidental presses, but it really doesnt need it.

Carefully drilled a 9mm hole and installed this switch which I had laying around: https://www.jaycar.com.au/spst-pcb-mount-tactile-metallic-vertical-with-led-red/p/SP0620

Its a cheap and cheerful switch which may or may not last, but its clicky and you definately know when you've pushed it.

There is enough room for up to a ~13mm hole, and there is a fair amount of room behind.

Its also in a very, very similar position to a Hornet cage/uncage button :megalol:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206468

Thermal I love what you did here. Thanks for the info. I purchased the same switch.

Question - when you mount it, does the 9mm hole allow you to push this in snugly and friction keeps it mounted (like the sensor) or did you affix this some other way? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of surface area for this switch to work with.

Just want to verify before I start drilling holes.

Thanks.

Edited by sdmccorm

Mack

In lack of money I´m very much interested in the cheaper development. If this would come similar to the professional solution it´ll be very much appreciated.

Keep up your good work. With people like yours flight simming is even more fun. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Xoxen

Thanks so much for the support!!

It sounds like I might have something you would be interested in this weekend, watch this space :D