DCS World 1.2.8 (Update 2), Embarking/ Disembarking option

Mi-8MTV2, Embarking 5 different units (25 soldiers) at the airfield and Disembarking at the 5 different LZ. Player`s Helicopter does not have any navigation point. Only Infantry Units have Embarking/ Disembarking points. I recommend to set Embarking/Disembarking radius not less than 500 m.

Use Radio Menu: => F7 Descent => F1 embarking => F1 (unit name).

P.S. I am not sure, but it seems like helicopter getting extra weight after embarking troops.

Edited by airwar

Cibit, Did you notice the change in helicopter weight after Embarking?

I tested this a week or two ago when that feature came out, and I loaeded up 20+ soldiers and I definatelly noticed a change in helicopter performance. I was not able to find out how much a single soldier weights, however I could definatelly feel the helicopter beeing heavier than it was bevore picking them up.

After dropping them, I could feel the helicopter beeing not as heavy anymore.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I just read that this only correctly works in single player at the momment.

Apparently on a server, only the host gets radio options to embark/unload troops. However, as soon as the host picks up infantry, all the helicopters (host and client) seem to get heavier.

I will do some testing on that and will report back.

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I tested this a week or two ago when that feature came out, and I loaeded up 20+ soldiers and I definatelly noticed a change in helicopter performance. I was not able to find out how much a single soldier weights, however I could definatelly feel the helicopter beeing heavier than it was bevore picking them up.

After dropping them, I could feel the helicopter beeing not as heavy anymore.

100% :thumbup: Confirm!!! Weight changes! With 50 soldiers on-board impossible take-off! See TRK.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2047142&postcount=13

P.S. MP doesn't have F7 menu for HOST and Client!

Edited by airwar

100% :thumbup: Confirm!!! Weight changes! With 50 soldiers on-board impossible take-off! See TRK.

P.S. MP doesn't have F7 menu for HOST and Client!

You can actually see the Huey's (and I'm sure the Mi-8) skids reacting to the loaded weight. The weight with the soldiers loaded doesn't show on the in-game loadout menu, so no way to calculate how much each soldier weighs. Number should be in the files somewhere.

Edit: Is there a way to have your own special "strike team" that you can load and unload at random, with them taking out any nearby enemies? I was hoping this feature could do that but it's setup with drop zones and waypoints.

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

same question as Syntax. I tried making a mission with no disembark point with the idea that I can drop them anywhere. With no disembark point you get an emergency disembark option and one guy gets off and tries to run back to the origin point. Also I dont understand the two different embark options.

You need to have a disembark point otherwise it shows emergency and only one guy gets off. You can make the disembark radius large but dont overlap it with the embark radius. Also once they disembark they will make a b-line to the waypoint marker.

Also what needs to be done is move the igla into the Infantry class so they can move and embark.

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

With 50 soldiers on-board impossible take-off!

Probably because a dozen of them were sitting up front in the cockpit. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

same question as Syntax. I tried making a mission with no disembark point with the idea that I can drop them anywhere. With no disembark point you get an emergency disembark option and one guy gets off and tries to run back to the origin point. Also I dont understand the two different embark options.

The emergency disembark is to be used if you happen to do an emergency landing not at the intended disembark point, and want to get rid of the people on board.

They will run either to the disembark waypoint, or if there is none, they will run back to their origin point.

The normal disembark is to be used when you land inside the disembark zone you set in the mission editor. They will then run to the disembark waypoint.

I guess the "strike team"-idea is quit difficult to accomplish with the current embark/disembark functionality.

The emergency disembark is to be used if you happen to do an emergency landing not at the intended disembark point, and want to get rid of the people on board.

They will run either to the disembark waypoint, or if there is none, they will run back to their origin point.

I think the emergency disembark is broken. Only 1 guy got out of the 6 I loaded when I used the option.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

DCS World 1.2.8. (Up2), Mi-8MTV2 Embarking Overload

You can actually see the Huey's (and I'm sure the Mi-8) skids reacting to the loaded weight.

49 soldiers overload, full tanks. No any triggers, just Embarking (F7) menu. Watch how shock absorbers reacting to the loaded weight (2:03) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by airwar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyway for the AI to do this, or will I have to fake it? ;)

Yes, there's at least one mission attached in the forum as a demo showing AI helicopters embarking/disembarking troops.

I'll try to remember to look aback tomorrow & if you haven't found one I'll drop one here.

Embarcation HAI Mi-8.miz

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...