Is Starforce goig to be removed for all modules any time soon?

imacken

Like many people, I find the whole Starforce DRM utterly painful. I mean inputting about 20 licence codes in and out in and out every time is a total pita!

It is so great that new modules like the Hornet and PG don't have this.

I am really forgetful when it comes to deactivating my DCS modules, and I do change my PC and/or disks fairly regularly. Even though I have only ever installed DCS and modules on my current PC, I am down to 4 activations on some modules.

Are we ever going to get rid of this archaic system once and for all and convert all the old modules to the new DRM?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

you can export all your keys from the registry in a reg file

then if you wipe / re-install your PC you can merge them back in all you

have to do is click activate a few times

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

you can export all your keys from the registry in a reg file

then if you wipe / re-install your PC you can merge them back in all you

have to do is click activate a few times

I appreciate that, but it's not what I was asking, which is 'will this archaic Starforce DRM be replaced in older modules with the new keyless one sometime soon'?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Does no one know the answer here?

ED said they are working to trying to get there. But do they and when is question.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

ED said they are working to trying to get there. But do they and when is question.

Thanks for that. Good to hear. Let's hope it's soon, so that idiots like me stop losing activations because they forget to deactivate all the time! I'm down to 4 on some modules even though I have only ever used them on one PC at a time.

After you have used your last activation key, you will get one key in a month. This only limits your future installations so you can do one activation per month. Meaning you will always have one activation key that gets given in a month after consuming last one.

Not nice but who would do re-installs once a month these days?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...

I'm really confused now. I'm thinking about buying the F-18c, but does it still have starforce on it? What is being used now?

Does Steam now use the regular Steam protection like every other Steam game? I prefer Steam, but only if it uses the regular steam protection.

From the Harrier onwards there is no SF.

Same with Steam, from the Harrier onwards it is using the Steam DRM hence why you can't activate cross platform.

From what I know

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks, bro!

That's what I wanted to know.

Nice to be rid of that God Awful Starforce. Hopefully, they remove it from the other modules as well. It's kept so many people from buying.

And if they just let Steam do their job, that should be a HUGE boost to sales.