AI Air to Air Refueling

Tripps

Hi Everyone,

Out of curiosity, has there been a change to the menu in which to direct your wing man to Air to Air refuel from a Tanker?

From memory, it used to be available from within the ‘Go To’ menu.

Does anyone have any advice?

Respectfully,

Tripps

• 2 weeks later...

Add this line to your comm.lua in the "Go To" menu section: "{ name = _('Fly to Tanker'), command = sendMessage.new(Message.wMsgLeaderGoRefueling)},"

File location: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C

Backup original file first just in case.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 5 months later...
Add this line to your comm.lua in the "Go To" menu section: "{ name = _('Fly to Tanker'), command = sendMessage.new(Message.wMsgLeaderGoRefueling)},"

File location: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C

Backup original file first just in case.

Would be great add that in the next OB release!

I can confirm it works!

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

I can confirm it works!

Can confirm it works...usually.

I’ve been modding the comm for a couple months now, wingman will successfully refuel in most circumstances, but occasionally not. And I’ve been unable to determine what’s causing the occasional failures. (He’ll just say ‘unable’.)

Either way it’s a good little mod to have since this seems like back burner stuff for ED.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I’ve been modding the comm for a couple months now, wingman will successfully refuel in most circumstances, but occasionally not. And I’ve been unable to determine what’s causing the occasional failures. (He’ll just say ‘unable’.)

Either way it’s a good little mod to have since this seems like back burner stuff for ED.

Never had a problem in the 4-5 times I tried it.

Is the tanker already knowing your intent to refuel?

You ordered him to refuel before you or after?

I always tried with the tanker with the probe out and after me.

I have similar experience as others, most of the time the mod works just fine. I could not identify a pattern for the occasions when it did not work. Sometimes I sent wingmen to refuel before myself and my probe was retracted and it worked perfectly. At other times with the exact same scenario it did not. Same with refuelling after I refuelled myself, works sometimes, sometimes not.

I‘d also say it generally works 4 out of 5 times. That‘s still better than without the mod :smilewink:

This should not be backburner stuff for ED. I consider the game to be broken if I can only fly a mission solo because my wingman cannot air to air refuel. We should not have to be adding mods for such a basic but vital part of flying the Hornet in DCS.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

This should not be backburner stuff for ED. I consider the game to be broken if I can only fly a mission solo because my wingman cannot air to air refuel. We should not have to be adding mods for such a basic but vital part of flying the Hornet in DCS.

I mean, yeah, true, but the AI and wingmen themselves are fundamentally unreliable to begin with. I don’t use wingmen in any module for anything other than bait in most circumstances. They’re basically glorified decoys and always have been, so the fact that the AI F-18 still can’t refuel without my forcing him to with a little config edit is kind of a non-issue for me.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I’m glad I’m not the only one finding this annoying. I put in a bug post about this and they quickly moved it into the “wish list” without any explanation as to why ED thinks it isn’t a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The fact that this command is not included in the lua file shows that ED knows there is definitely an issue with the hornet AI refueling. So why would they include it knowing it's not working correctly?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I'm fairly confident that as the Hornet becomes more feature complete, these smaller issues will be addressed, and there are a few of them. I brought up an issue with the ships wake and water from the bow splashing through the deck a few months back. I would recommend messaging Nineline. That's what I did and he said he would get it to the ED team. :)

The fact that this command is not included in the lua file shows that ED knows there is definitely an issue with the hornet AI refueling. So why would they include it knowing it's not working correctly?

If that’s the case, then why didn’t they acknowledge my bug post?

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

If that’s the case, then why didn’t they acknowledge my bug post?

Only they know the real reason, but if I would guess, it's because they already know there's an issue with AI Hornet AA refueling. And the only way we know there's an issue, is because we made an unofficial modification to the application. So reporting a bug on an unofficial modified application may not be considered an official bug report. This is just my guess so take it with a little grain of salt. :)

Thank you ED.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/NEvPzZ8bd1V4Y/giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c08065235764f724d1a3889

I was refueling yesterday when an AI F-14 decided I was taking to long and it was his turn. Just bumped into me and nocked me off the drogue

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50