Dumb question with FC3 and purchased jets

davebert

I am starting to think the answer is no but let me ask anyway so we can quit trying to figure it out. :music_whistling: I was thinking that we could create a mission and mix the use of FC3 jets and purchased jets, namely the F-5E. The reason I ask is a friend hasn't purchased any jets yet but has FC3 and I wanted to create a mission where the F-5E could be flown alongside an F15C or some other FC3 jets. Then I was thinking some more after not getting it to work so far that maybe, the guy without any purchased jets would not be able to see my F-5E because he doesn't have the F-5E module on his system. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Dave

incorrect he will see it

Anyone who has DCS will see everything, with the exception of the WWII asset pack i believe.

Look at all the servers in MP, theyve all got a mix of FC3 and HF planes.

Ok, that is great news. Now I just need to figure out how to allow a mix of planes when creating a mission. In a few words what would be the section in the mission section of the manual that makes this work? Is the key word in doing that "client"?

Thanks,

Dave

"Client" is what is required to allow people to fly the a/c in a multiplayer environment. As a mission builder, you can place any a/c into the mission you desire, whether you have purchased it or not.

When the mission is running, DCS will restrict you from flying it if you do not own it. Everyone else can see them as well, but only be able to control them if they have purchased the applicable module.

Terrains and object packs are another matter. You must own them to put them in the mission.

When you’re building a mission, place whatever planes you want people to be able to fly FC3/HF in the parking spots or in air starts and just select ‘client’ in the pilot skill box. You can test this out when you test the mission in the ME, you’ll be prompted to select a slot for whatever sides yov e got active.

"Chops"

"Client" is what is required to allow people to fly the a/c in a multiplayer environment. As a mission builder, you can place any a/c into the mission you desire, whether you have purchased it or not.

When the mission is running, DCS will restrict you from flying it if you do not own it. Everyone else can see them as well, but only be able to control them if they have purchased the applicable module.

Terrains and object packs are another matter. You must own them to put them in the mission.

Shahdoh,

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup: So use the Caucasus map to cover all bases until said friends pony up for the other terrains and all will be fine. Sounds good to me. And allowing FC3 to fly with the purchased aircraft is also great. Now back to the mission builder videos for noobs. :megalol:

Dave

When you’re building a mission, place whatever planes you want people to be able to fly FC3/HF in the parking spots or in air starts and just select ‘client’ in the pilot skill box. You can test this out when you test the mission in the ME, you’ll be prompted to select a slot for whatever sides yov e got active.

Asator87,

Thanks for the added info. Now that I know it *can* be done I will figure it out after a little more familiarity with the ME. So far we are just 3 guys trying to learn the sim and create a small squadron and once we get good (or better) we can really have some fun. So the 3rd guy while he is figuring out what plane he will purchase can't hinder us with some purchased aircraft and we can all still play or fly together.

Asator87,

Thanks for the added info. Now that I know it *can* be done I will figure it out after a little more familiarity with the ME. So far we are just 3 guys trying to learn the sim and create a small squadron and once we get good (or better) we can really have some fun. So the 3rd guy while he is figuring out what plane he will purchase can't hinder us with some purchased aircraft and we can all still play or fly together.

It won't be an issue and in case you're curious about it; you can actually view the models of the paid aircraft in the mission editor viewer etc.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

It won't be an issue and in case you're curious about it; you can actually view the models of the paid aircraft in the mission editor viewer etc.

Can you view the planes or just the text or name of the planes? I just tried to edit a mission that another guy in our little group made and from what I can tell it may be easier to start over as I am not having any luck. Probably best to learn from personal experience anyhow.

Thanks,

Dave

edit: Found some good videos and am well on my way and I see where you can see the planes too.

Edited by davebert