AGM-65K...Anyone know how to use them?

AbortedMan

I've seen about a dozen tutorials on how to get the AGM-65D and G IR variants working, but I can't seem to figure out the other Maverick variants that don't use IR. I've been trying to get the K to fire at a locked target, but can't get it off the rails. Is this a training missile just for looks like the TGM variants?

It´s a TV sensor. If the target contrast is not high enough, it will not lock.

I have employed them sucessfully from the AV8B so they definately work, the issue is on your end.

If you followed the typical maverick procedure and it still doesn´t work for you, I can´t help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I wonder if the AGM-65K IRL with it´s EO seeker needs to bo cooled down like the IR version as it is now. I would assume that they would be ready to use almost instantly.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Just an interesting find. Looks like for IR version it would not be easy to operate.

682239482_AV8Bmaverick.thumb.jpg.5a0dddb9b8714ab54e11a7fa9b50bd58.jpg

There's a 3-minute cool down time. But there's also an 1-hour time limit for RDY & video off, and 30-minute limit for RDY & video on. (Which is probably implemented.)

And after the missiles are RDY, you have to do boresight alignment procedure one by one for all of them. Would cause hand-off failure if you didn't do it. (Not implemented.)

When shooting the mavericks, there's a keyhole constraint. When shot outside the keyhole, there's a chance to miss the target. (Edit: Implemented in DCS A10C.)

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

I wonder if the AGM-65K IRL with it´s EO seeker needs to bo cooled down like the IR version as it is now. I would assume that they would be ready to use almost instantly.

I think there's still a 3-minute gyro spin up time for EO mavs?

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

When shooting the mavericks, there's a keyhole constraint. When shot outside the keyhole, there's a chance to miss the target. (Not even implemented in DCS A10C.)

Actually the A-10C has had that for a while now.

And yes the CCD mavs still need 3 minutes to become usable.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Actually the A-10C has had that for a while now.

And yes the CCD mavs still need 3 minutes to become usable.

Ah -Ok, did not take the Gyro's into consideration - makes sense !

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.