Confusion about auto updating. No longer getting them.

JIMJAM

Last purchase was the persian map and Hornet. I noticed a few times I had to manually enter my name/password. I also noticed I was not getting the "checking for updates" and have not gotten any but noticed at least two being posted.

I am currently 252 18144

If I am reading the latest update it shows it as being 252 18736

Any idea on why I am not getting updates and how to get current?

Also, if a update is out, does DCS still notify you when you 1st load the sim?

Thanks ahead of time. Jim

Edited by JIMJAM

If you run DCS.exe it doesn't check for updates. If you run DCS_updater.exe (the default shortcut) it will check for updates sometimes and then immediately run the game. I don't know if it has changed but it won't check for updates every single time it is run, just once a day or some schedule.

If you want to make really really sure it checks for updates you want to run a shortcut like

"C:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update @release

This enforces a check. The @release or @openbeta specify a version. If you just give "update" it should update based on the version that is asking. You can also specify an exact or approximate version number as required.

Thanks. I stumbled across that after my post and changed the shortcut. After the update the number I see on the bottom right is not what the ver number that the latest update post says. More confusing than a type rating in a Chinese airliner.

You can always check the latest version numbers here:

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

That's what the bottom right number should be (though I don't remember if it includes the last three digits or not). If it's not that means your game just didn't update last time for whatever reason.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I really did look forward to updates but any more they cause me anxiety. I was borderline OCD keeping up with the latest,greatest drivers but a few recent Microsoft updates, Nvidia and even a few DCS ones have broken that obsession. Appreciate the replies.