2.5 Stable AI Wingman Issue

cwarre9

I've searched several different areas for assistance before posting this but can't find an answer. I ran the "Hideout" mission in 2.5 beta without issue (after figuring out the broadcast SPI and F3 functions). I just updated the 2.5 stable version and tried to run the same mission. My AI wingman responds "Roger" when I instruct him to attach targets at my SPI then almost immediately announces "Rejoin" without attacking at all. Since I'm getting a response I'm sure I'm on the right frequency. Suspect I'm missing something but not sure what. Appreciate any and all assistance.....

I noticed that behavior if he is out of the requsted munition or cant acquire the right type of target. Could that possibly be involved?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Unfortunately, that's a really old problem.

As I recall it, a trick that might help:

Get close to the target area before issuing any attack command. Supposedly, the AI will now "see" the target and attack it. "Close" could be something like 2 to 5 NM.

Also, if you issue any specific commands ("Two, engage air defenses at my SPI, with Mavericks, from the south") the AI might be unable to meet some of the parameters and not engage at all. Sometimes, the general "Two, engage air defenses" or just "Two, engage targets of opportunity" will make the wingman become a mass killing maniac. ;)

That's no guarantee, but maybe it'll help.

Thanks for the info. I did get it to work one time by opening the file in mission editor and re-saving the file in the My Missions folder. Unfortunately with the new maps, two of the primary targets are now located in an area covered by trees (that don't appear to be on the older version) so I haven't been able to strike them so far. Looks like I'm just making "match sticks". Tried to run the mission again and the AI rogered my strike call then announced Roger RTB. I'll keep playing around. It's a good mission to practice wing man commands, targeting, weapons employment, and - if hang around too long, tanker contacts