give some love to the Kurfürst model

razo+r

Sorry for going into rant mode again (it has been happening quite a bit lately; I guess I'm getting grumpier with age...) but since people apparently spend more time looking at the model in the model viewer than actually flying it (hint: the canopy is something you look through, not at), get yourselves a parametric CAD application (like solidworks, or fusion360 which is free), learn the basics, and build a model of whichever plane you want to look at. Then you can look at beautiful curved edges until your eyes pop out. Or even better, start building models, and then you can obsess over minute details that will never be visible to anyone with the other rivet counters.

[rant mode off]

Thanks for the input, I've got already my own models to stare at...

When you already fly it for years, then you start looking at detail, at least I do, and noticable stuff like some of the things that you can see from the pit are maybe going to bother you after that time... (especially when some stuff for it is missing)

Why? because

1) Textures could be redone by users, the model not

2) you don't even need to zoom in to see the spots were there are fewer polys

Sorry mate but I still think your demand is too extreme. Even though the users are allowed to reskin the thing, you have too wait for them because skinning is not something that can be made that easily. Plus it requires to be scaled x2 or x4 to match the finesse you want for the mesh…

I don't agree with you about the zoom factor. I REALLY need to zoom a lot to overcome the screen resolution and notice the mesh edges. VR is even less demanding. So even though the Bf-109 may be inferior at the area you're pointing, I will not care until ED refreshes at least, the F-4E, Su-22 and the heavy bombers.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Sorry mate but I still think your demand is too extreme. Even though the users are allowed to reskin the thing, you have too wait for them because skinning is not something that can be made that easily. Plus it requires to be scaled x2 or x4 to match the finesse you want for the mesh…

I don't agree with you about the zoom factor. I REALLY need to zoom a lot to overcome the screen resolution and notice the mesh edges. VR is even less demanding. So even though the Bf-109 may be inferior at the area you're pointing, I will not care until ED refreshes at least, the F-4E, Su-22 and the heavy bombers.

I know that skinning reuires a lot of time and skill, especially detailed and correct skins. My point was, if you want to make the mesh better, you need to have the source file, which the devs will not share but they share templates for skins, so that can be edited by users.

ED has to refresh a lot of units, but the 109 is a module, with a lower quality mesh. for example: Antenna, intake for superchager, the engine top cover and the front armored glass holder can be seen without zoom. The low mesh of the wings can not be seen same as the gear, those are just details from outside view... But compare the thickness of the wingending (for example at the ailerons) from the spit to the thickness of the 109, that can be seen from the cockpit without zoom or minor zoom too

• ED Team

But you are still missing the biggest point here.

Yes, if the 109 was done today, I am sure it would be on par with the Spitfire. The fact is it wasnt, the fact is they dont have time to revisit the model right now, and the fact is its not that bad, most people would argue that they dont notice the things you point out.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
There's not 109 without a whistling compressor sound, at least for me.

I can hear the compressor sound in DCS with the stock sounds, sorry its more realistic that when the camera is viewing from the rear of the aircraft you cant hear it, and I can hear it in flight as well, of course you cant when you are above about 65-70% throttle, seems pretty realistic to me, Yo-Yo did disucss this with Klaus Plasa, but I am sure that doesnt matter...

Anyways, waiting for your experience with the real world sounds, beyond youtube that is.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes, if the 109 was done today, I am sure it would be on par with the Spitfire. The fact is it wasnt, the fact is they dont have time to revisit the model right now, and the fact is its not that bad, most people would argue that they dont notice the things you point out.

I'm sure i'm not missing the point here...

Older models got a bit more polys (probably due to a "bigger" size)

And well, with those many projects they have going on now, it seems logical to me that they don't have time, and i never proposed a time, it's just my personal wish...

I'm just wishing this for this model, because i fly it more often, so having a nicer model wouldn't be too bad for me, and it's my opinion, of course other don't have to agree because of other preferences or they don't care about detail, but it's just my wish for the future

I can hear the compressor sound in DCS with the stock sounds, sorry its more realistic that when the camera is viewing from the rear of the aircraft you cant hear it, and I can hear it in flight as well, of course you cant when you are above about 65-70% throttle, seems pretty realistic to me, Yo-Yo did disucss this with Klaus Plasa, but I am sure that doesnt matter...

Anyways, waiting for your experience with the real world sounds, beyond youtube that is.

I've different opinion about this K4 sound. If you think that this is the most realistic DB605 sound, NP. I get the point but i disagree.

I enjoy a lot this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2113720/

This is a good answer, but people is asking for an update just because of this. We understand it.

The difference in the polycount with Spitfire and Mustang is so exaggerated that it does speak for itself. This K4 now, seems to be more a sort of unfinished placeholder than a completed module. The nose low polycount for ex., is really noticeable also with a minimal zoom.

Spitfire is fantastic, a perfect DCS module as for Mustang. K4 is not.

We'll see in the future...........what can we say more? Not so bad is acceptable if we'll have an upgrade in the future, because "not so bad" is not "good enough" for DCS.

DCS G-10?:joystick:

Edited by Conroy

I've different opinion about this K4 sound. If you think that this is the most realistic DB605 sound, NP. I get the point but i disagree.

I enjoy a lot this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2113720/

Don't forget to suppress the cockpit buttons sounds and raise the wind's sound level as high as the engine to get something realistic.

I prefer not to use this kind of mod because it is a personal interpretation to flatter the ear. Footages are the last resort for sound reference. Aircraft sound pressure is so high and outdoor recording so difficult that only dedicated professional grade recording equipment and experience should be trusted for sound reference. Anything else is like adding sugar.

This is a good answer, but people is asking for an update just because of this. We understand it.

The difference in the polycount with Spitfire and Mustang is so exaggerated that it does speak for itself. This K4 now, seems to be more a sort of unfinished placeholder than a completed module. The nose low polycount for ex., is really noticeable also with a minimal zoom.

Before that topic was created, I had no idea of polycount differences among the WW2 modules. Actually I bought the Bf-109K because it looked the most realistic among them. Polycount doesn't come to my mind anymore because shaders and textures are a lot more critical. And again, the zoom required is not that minimal don't exaggerate.

Spitfire is fantastic, a perfect DCS module as for Mustang. K4 is not.

What about the Fw-190 ? Are you talking about graphics only ? because the Bf-109 feels perfect in terms of fun when I play with it.

We'll see in the future...........what can we say more? Not so bad is acceptable if we'll have an upgrade in the future, because "not so bad" is not "good enough" for DCS.

DCS G-10?:joystick:

DCS is far from perfect, there are tons of gameplay major issues and it ruins its reputation as the years pass. What you are saying is very sad because you only care for a superficial aspect, the most candid one ever since the 90's. So ED can only recruit 3D modelers if customers only want eye and ear candy without actually play the game…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module