Generator failure

Usually, when you've started up your bird and both engines are running with the corrector set to max, the only way the generators drop out is when main rotor RPM drops below 85% or so.

Usually, it means you're pulling too much collective, drop collective, cyclic forward to get some airspeed going so you get translational lift and dive out of that situation so that your main rotor RPM picks up again. Make sure to switch on your dampening channels after you've recovered.

The other thing that can happen is icing, if you are not switching on the manual left (or right?) engine anti-ice you can still loose one generator, quickly followed by number 2 as you're falling into the "pull too much collective trap" again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Well. I made a mission in Winter season using the Mi8MTV2. I use game mode and start it with "Win" + "Home" as usally. Everything works fine. Then I made the same mission as fall, summer and spring with fine (default) weather on them all. But in the summer and fall version I only get this "generator failure" message and cant use the helicopter. This must be a bug because I cant find any logic reason for it to happening as long as it is ONLY the time of the year that has changed.

Game flight modes are generally buggy, glitchy and unsupported mess in DCS. I encourage you to switch to simulation mode as fast as you can, even if it will be difficult to learn the control of the helicopter at first.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Game flight modes are generally buggy, glitchy and unsupported mess in DCS. I encourage you to switch to simulation mode as fast as you can, even if it will be difficult to learn the control of the helicopter at first.

I understand what you're saying, but then it would be nice if ED can confirm that it is unsupported so people who like to play in game/easy mode dont need to waste more time on reporting the bugs.