[VR] Seat height in F-86F

harf4ng

Hi,

There is something I wonder... I put this question in F-86F because it is only with this plane, but maybe this is VR related...

When I fly with the Sabre, if I look down, I find that the seat is a bit high, like in fact if I am "IN" the seat. Though the cockpit is at the good height, especially for fighting when I have to aim with the glass in front of me.

But when I land and I lower the landing gear, suddenly I feel higher. A position in which it would be difficult to fight as I'm too high to see well in the aiming glass.

But in the fight, I find it difficult to use the top mirror, as I'm too low for that.

So I wonder, the seat change when we lower the landing gear, is it a feature of the real F-86? Or something just for the sim?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Ok, so the sim adjustment is a sim only feature, and in real life there is no such thing?

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

The Seat moving feature on the F-86F was to make it easier for user to land/take off,

the feature was implemented before VR, So VR Users should turn it off.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 10 months later...

You can turn the feature off in the special tab of the options menu.

The Bf-109 has a similar facility for offsetting your view to the gun sight, which can also be turned off in the options menu.

You can set your viewpoint in VR by using R-Shift, R-Ctrl, and and numpad numeric keys numpad plus / and * to adjust your view followed by R-alt numpad enter to save the viewpoint.