Unable to taxi the F-86

Ramires

I don't know if it's a bug or simply my fault: but I can't control the aircraft during taxiing, I have no response from the nosewheel when pushing the NWS-button and the respective rudder pedal simultaneously. Has anybody else the same issues?

Been awhile for me but I recall having to hold it down the entire time while taxiing.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

hold the NWS button

I hold it and pushed the rudder to full deflection but nothing had happened,

What I forgot to mention: turning to the right is possible but I can't make left turns or center the nosewheel anymore once in a right turn...

^ Ditto. If simplified behaviour is turned on in the special options, the nose wheel will always turn, as long as You keep the button pressed. If it's turned off, the steering mechanism will engage only when nose wheel position matches the rudder position, i.e. during the right turn, after releasing the button, when you want to center the wheel, You have to press the right pedal again (with precise deflection, to match the rudder with the wheel) and only then press and hold the button.

It's easier just to keep the button pressed all the time, releasing it only when the plane rolls straight.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

With "Simple" turned off, follow these instructions:

1) When in a straight line, press and hold NWS

2) Apply rudders, keep holding NWS

3) Straighten up. Release NWS.

4) Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary

The important knowledge you need is that in normal mode the rudder inputs have to latch the actual wheel, and it's entirely possible for the wheel to turn outside of the latchable range.

The easy way is to just keep NWS held down when ever you need to steer and to return to centre before releasing.

With "Simple" turned off, follow these instructions:

1) When in a straight line, press and hold NWS

2) Apply rudders, keep holding NWS

3) Straighten up. Release NWS.

4) Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary

The important knowledge you need is that in normal mode the rudder inputs have to latch the actual wheel, and it's entirely possible for the wheel to turn outside of the latchable range.

The easy way is to just keep NWS held down when ever you need to steer and to return to centre before releasing.

Thanks for your explanations. Checked it out and it works! Not really comfortable with the NWS but it was my mistake;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find that when I turn too far I loose control of the front wheel. You should probably be careful of this, because if you loose control of the front wheel, you could get stuck. Also, bind keys to the left and right brakes in case this happens. F-86 is a pain on the ground.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.