How to activate the sight?

RNeves

When starting from ramp, i can't manage to make the sight appear on the glass, where is the activation button for it?

Cheers

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

The sight isn't visible on low power settings. Try increasing your throttle until it is visible. The dimmer knob on the bottom right of the gun sight will change the brightness once you have sufficient power. If it is still invisible, try taking off, retracting gear, and retracting flaps. Once that is done your view should shift downwards. It might be a case of being too high to see it.

The sight isn't visible on low power settings. Try increasing your throttle until it is visible. The dimmer knob on the bottom right of the gun sight will change the brightness once you have sufficient power. If it is still invisible, try taking off, retracting gear, and retracting flaps. Once that is done your view should shift downwards. It might be a case of being too high to see it.

Problem solved, as i retract flaps and landing gear, the pilot seat lowers and i can see the sight reflex!!!

Thanks alot

:smilewink:

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Problem solved, as i retract flaps and landing gear, the pilot seat lowers and i can see the sight reflex!!!

Thanks alot

:smilewink:

No problem! I heard there was a button that allows you to cycle through the different seating positions, but nobody has told me the actual button for it. If someone could post it here if they know it that would be great.

• 2 years later...

To follow up on this: I stumbled over this thread trying to find out for another gunsight problem. I cannot change the brightness with the dimmer. Can you perhaps tell me how to get the dimmer knob to work? I tried (I think) just about everything: keys, mouse buttons, mousewheel….. But the reticle in the gunsight remains so dim I can hardly see it, especially during bright weather.

Thanks and best regards,

Stickshaker

The knob turns clockwise to brighten the reticle, at startup it is 4/5 of the way to max by default. There are two things you can do:

First play around with your screen settings, this may make spotting easier as a byproduct

Second, turn on the secondary sight element. It is for use of the primary burns out, however having both on at the same time makes it incrimentaly brighter.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Rob! After some experimenting I found a solution that works even better for me: assigning the dimmer to the slider on the throttle of my Thrustmaster Warthog. I still find the sight not very bright even at maximum brightness, but for the rest the dimmer works fine now,

Once again thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

Stickshaker

Well, I must confess that I, until now, only used the sight in the ‘fixed’ position, so to say, so without trying to adjust wingspan. So I do not yet have a solution for wingspan adjustment. Perhaps one of the hat switches…

Best regards,

Stickshaker

• 6 years later...
5 minutes ago, FlyingCoffin said:

No Piper to see. After I took of. Thought it was a problem. But no warning light was illuminated. And so I activated second piper. Who wasnt to see too.

I was going left right up down with my trackIr no piper. Whats the problem?

Did you put the gun-missile selector switch to something different than Off?

If yes, can you attach a short track?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the reticle dimmer on the top right hand side of the cockpit glare-shield, you can switch on the secondary sight lamp element, by selecting the bottom right hand switch on the centre console.  This will give you maximum sight reticle illumination.  Also remember, that the Sabre's electrical system is limited at absolute idle power.  You have to increase the throttle slightly to excite the generator, which powers your entire electrical system, including you radios.

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot