Captoglove

BIGNEWY

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keyword proper implementation

Currently dcs doesn't even support htc vive controllers. Leap motion is therefore not eve functional as a controller and even if it is made functional it's accuracy is too low currently to interact with the cockpit (speaking from experience )

All this is huge bulls... 400$ for 10$ worth gyro sensors which just tracking rotational movement and few sensors to track finger move many in glove?

With proper implementation, Leapmotion could offer all of this plus positional tracking as well and all of this for 7 times less price.

Captoglove is not worth that money. That's it and selling result will prove this once it comes on the market.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Keyword proper implementation

Currently, DCS doesn't even support htc vive controllers. Leap motion is therefore not eve functional as a controller and even if it is made functional it's accuracy is too low currently to interact with the cockpit (speaking from experience )

LM is limited true but you have to adopt this limitation when you implement it in DCS.

LM have a problem with tracking all fingers in some positions of your palm when some fingers out of visual from LM, but point finger and thumb is in 99% always visible. For usage in DCS, you don't need all fingers, you don't need even hands representation. We need only 6DoF palm tracking which will move the mouse cursor in 6DoF as well not the only 2DoF like it is now.

There is the problem not in LM limitation. LM is working more than adequate in other titles and mods in flight sims when they adopt their usage by LM limitation.

So why can't work properly in DCS, because of LM limitation or improper implementation?

Taking a little longer due to time and energy. Hope to have something by Friday night. E3 rekt me... came home put the kids to bed and passed out yesterday.

Just do your time, no problem m8.

We are waiting and some other quality materials as well.

Look it's your fault, you spoiled us.

:pilotfly:

Just do your time, no problem m8.

We are waiting and some other quality materials as well.

Look it's your fault, you spoiled us.

:pilotfly:

Hah! So much to do, so little time :(

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Taking a little longer due to time and energy. Hope to have something by Friday night. E3 rekt me... came home put the kids to bed and passed out yesterday.

Riiiight. The E3 events (wink wink) and not Vegas in general. Riiiight. We got your back with Mrs. Jabbers. Love your videos! Take all the time you need.

:thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Riiiight. The E3 events (wink wink) and not Vegas in general. Riiiight. We got your back with Mrs. Jabbers. Love your videos! Take all the time you need.

:thumbup:

Lol E3 was in Los Angeles :).

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I knew that...Yeahhhh, I knew that. :)

I read that too. But I'm just conditioned to think every event is in vegas these days.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks, Jabbers, but I still have lots of questions and reservations about it.

In your video, it is not clear how this works in DCS.

From what I saw in your and others video about CG I could see there is no positional tracking for Hand so this glove recognizes finger movement and Pitch, Jaw and roll movement just. In essence, this is a glove with EDtracker and sensors for 5 fingers nothing else.

So is it possible to move your hand in cockpit naturally in 6DoF?

This cost 500$ pair and to give tham6DoF you need to ad two Vives sensors on your wrist and ich cost 100$, so this is 700$ to be usable for what we need hands.

Hands we need just for interaction with all these buttons inside cockpit and HOTAS is part of the immersion and plane and flay without it is out of the question.

I'm still got the impression that Leap motion or something similar is best and cheapest solution for that interaction we just need proper implementation what will be adopted to its limitation.

We seem to.have 2 discussions going on c.g

I posted a copy of an email I got in the other thread

Short version

They claim to have full 3d absolute movement in the cockpit with a beta due by end of month

They didn't show this at e3 however

I just ordered a pair of them I used PayPal in case they don’t work with dcs and xp11 as I was told they did. I didn’t order any extra sensor wasn’t told I needed them they work off Bluetooth the sensor I saw was for full body movement as I understood it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Plan to, if they aren’t ready they may go back that’s why I got the they do work in dcs statement in an email and used PayPal to pay for them I’ve had help from PayPal before making things right.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

It looks to me like he is using his head to put the cursor over the switches, then the glove to interact with the switches. That is going to be to difficult using your head to point all the time. And if you can make it move the mouse axis like it moves the joystick axis, that is a start in the right direction. But would take some practice.

But if DCS would implement my Mouse Snap to controls idea, it would help VR and the Cockpit Mouse in general..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

That's an older vid now

They claim to have full integration now

It looks to me like he is using his head to put the cursor over the switches, then the glove to interact with the switches. That is going to be to difficult using your head to point all the time. And if you can make it move the mouse axis like it moves the joystick axis, that is a start in the right direction. But would take some practice.

But if DCS would implement my Mouse Snap to controls idea, it would help VR and the Cockpit Mouse in general..

Yea, I agree with it but that is just one piece of the VR interaction in the cockpit.

Problem is that this cursor work in the only 2D using on X and Y axis. Another problem is it is fixed to View so if you got head tracking it is move with it so you always need manually compensate your mouse and head movement what can be problematic.

If we add to the cursor Z axis as well we will finally get depth in cursor movement and then should be placed in cockpit 3D space so will not be fixed to the view as it is now but stay in 3D space. So if you move to some right panel and turn your head left cursor should stay where you left it with the mouse even out of the sight and if you turn back your head to the right you will find it exactly where you place it in cockpit VR space.

Also, cursor position and showing indicators should react to the close not just X Y axis but Z as well. First of all cross indicator is moving left/right up/down on X and Y and should increase/decrease on Z axis what will indicate a position in depth. So when you are moving the cursor to the some MFD button for example cross size will decreasing to the point when will come to the 3D position for activation be possible. This activation could even be in that case automated because we will get 3 relevant points for that. This will be more precise, intuitive and real to the real thing is.

In that case, even Leap motion will be good enough to handle this way without problem caused with finger tracking imperfections.

Well got andmail todaythat my gloves have shipped.

On another point I’m starting a Wordpress blog where I’ll will be reviewing all my flight sim items both hardware and software should be adding on post a week once it’s up and going. What prompted this decision is I’m in the discussion phase with a 3dof motion platform that will incorporate my current hardware. The website address is https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com at the moment.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Imho that's not a very practical tech for our hobby. It sounds to me as practical as practicing "air guitar" or "air tennis" to play with an "air HOTAS" like that, I reckon I'd get tired pretty fast without the possibility to rest my arm and hand on the hotas. I'd also lack any sense of precision in my control.

It might be a temporary solution for button pushing, though what's incredicly important is haptic feedback. Imho projected sonic wave is what's next. Basically mid-air ultrasounds are projected to create the sense of volumetric volumes and/or on your fingers to create the feel of a button push, a flicker switch etc without any need for gloves or worn sensors.

Quite a few companies are already on it.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks promising, and maybe prime for a takeover from a larger company? I agree with those that say they would prefer to use physical control sticks and use these gloves for button pressing.

If you have ever tried using Oculus touch controllers to track your hand movements as if on a stick you will understand that physical haptic feedback is vital to prevent overcontrolling...and keeping your hand still is tricky without a physical anchor point in space like a stick. I tried the VR VSTOL with my hands being tracked on a virtual stick and was instantly fed up with the lack of control touch controllers offered in terms of replacing a HOTAS.

I agree with those that say they would prefer to use physical control sticks and use these gloves for button pressing.

Totally agree. It is not rocket science to incorporate switching into a glove. Currently I find "Laser" pointing to the switch works extremely well and is movement efficient. Hanging onto a pointing controller is "not good". 3D VR HOTAS controlling as a lever and switching is not viable.

Edited by BrassEm