A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

• 2 weeks later...
To start they will be the same. For the TTQ campaign you could use the new weapons if desired. We have to consider if we will add new missions to the Advanced campaign as that one deals with the weapons quals.

Updated tests to reflect new/upgraded tech/equipment to be employed. I like it, like it, like it :thumbup:

Currently, in the UK on lockdown so with a few extra hours in the evenings and weekends, looking to take-on something. All 3 of your training modules are on my to-buy list. So can't wait to see when I'll be able to use the A-10C II TK module in them :matrix::thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi, thank you for the updating of BFT Campaign. However, I started the practice and qualification missons BFT5 and during a flight got a message from shutdown procedure triggers (you forgot to turn off an Anti-skid). I've received Q- for the mission without doing any maneuvers.

Thanks!

We reviewed your trk file and found the bug.  Thank you!  Your trk made it clear how to reproduce it so we will have a fix ready for the next patch release. 

The same bug was also found in the A-10C II versions of the BFT05 missions so we will fix those as well.

Please continue to report any bugs you find as that will help us improve the missions for everyone.

Stay safe!

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 2 weeks later...

Sabre, Just restarted the BFT campaign because it has been about 2 years since I have flown the A-10C and wanted to get competent with it again.  A couple things in the 3rd mission, which is the engine shutdown one.

1) Trigger for the hold short line is well past the hold short line.  You have to taxi to about 25 feet or so short of the actual runway before the instructor tells you to go through your pre-takeoff checks and contact the tower.  In addition, if you stop at the hold short line the tower will not respond to you for TO clearance.  I guess it's possible this may be a Batumi thing and not campaign related, but if you stop at the hold short line you will fail the mission.  And being a RW pilot, it's really hard for me to taxi past a hold short line without clearance 🙂

2) On the turn to 060 degrees at 6000 feet, when you roll out the sun is right in your face and it's so bright that the HUD can't be read at all.  This requires you to immediately transition to the steam gauges, which takes a little getting used to.

3) I think the trigger point for the landing zone is incorrect.  I flew the mission 11 times, trying to get a 100%, and I landed from about 20 feet into the runway to about 800 feet down the runway, hitting just about every 50-75 feet in different attempts, and every time I was told I missed the touchdown zone.  Each time I was within 10 feet or so of centerline as well.

4) And not related to the campaign at all, after all the updates of the A-10C when I get into it on the ramp there are a LOT of switches that are already on, such as the O2, fuel pumps, engine generators, and a few others.  Do you know of any way to have them all be off like they are supposed to be after a complete shutdown?

atrdriver

On 2/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, atrcaptainjohn said:

Sabre, Just restarted the BFT campaign because it has been about 2 years since I have flown the A-10C and wanted to get competent with it again.  A couple things in the 3rd mission, which is the engine shutdown one.

1) Trigger for the hold short line is well past the hold short line.  You have to taxi to about 25 feet or so short of the actual runway before the instructor tells you to go through your pre-takeoff checks and contact the tower.  In addition, if you stop at the hold short line the tower will not respond to you for TO clearance.  I guess it's possible this may be a Batumi thing and not campaign related, but if you stop at the hold short line you will fail the mission.  And being a RW pilot, it's really hard for me to taxi past a hold short line without clearance 🙂

2) On the turn to 060 degrees at 6000 feet, when you roll out the sun is right in your face and it's so bright that the HUD can't be read at all.  This requires you to immediately transition to the steam gauges, which takes a little getting used to.

3) I think the trigger point for the landing zone is incorrect.  I flew the mission 11 times, trying to get a 100%, and I landed from about 20 feet into the runway to about 800 feet down the runway, hitting just about every 50-75 feet in different attempts, and every time I was told I missed the touchdown zone.  Each time I was within 10 feet or so of centerline as well.

4) And not related to the campaign at all, after all the updates of the A-10C when I get into it on the ramp there are a LOT of switches that are already on, such as the O2, fuel pumps, engine generators, and a few others.  Do you know of any way to have them all be off like they are supposed to be after a complete shutdown?

atrdriver

Thanks for the feedback.

For #1 - this is a known problem as ATC won't respond as you indicated unless you are close to the runway.  We felt it was more important for the player to get clearance than to strictly adhere to the SOP.  Hopefully ED will correct it some day and then we can adjust the trigger zone.  I believe this problem exists at all airports as we have also seen it on the Nellis ramp.

#2 - If you turn the HUD to full brightness before you take off then that can mitigate this problem.  It is a real world problem for pilots so we thought it would be an equally challenging experience for players.

#3 - We haven't changed those triggers in a long time so if you are landing between 150' and 1000' from the runway threshold then you should be hitting the mark.  In mission 3 or 4 we placed vehicles beside the runway to show where the trigger zones are.  We should probably add them into this mission as well.  Please provide a trk file so we can review (we will also retest to see if an update has buggered up the trigger zones).  Note you also have to be on glideslope and on-speed for the landing to count.  It's not just about where you land but also your approach.

#4 - We can investigate but I don't know a current way to pre-set individual buttons or switches. I think this is typical of most modules too but I don't know why ED chose this method.  If someone knows the real reason the cockpit is configured this way - please comment. 

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

O2, fuel pumps, engine generators, and a few others.

These switch positions (default) were changed with the release of the DCS A10CII (and relates to the new and old A10C models)

Apparently according to a SME (A10C Crew Chief I believe) this is the way switches are set for a Pilot when he gets in the cockpit

• Like 2

Airbag_signatur.png

On 2/27/2021 at 8:53 AM, Sabre-TLA said:

#3 - We haven't changed those triggers in a long time so if you are landing between 150' and 1000' from the runway threshold then you should be hitting the mark.  In mission 3 or 4 we placed vehicles beside the runway to show where the trigger zones are.  We should probably add them into this mission as well.  Please provide a trk file so we can review (we will also retest to see if an update has buggered up the trigger zones).  Note you also have to be on glideslope and on-speed for the landing to count.  It's not just about where you land but also your approach.

#4 - We can investigate but I don't know a current way to pre-set individual buttons or switches. I think this is typical of most modules too but I don't know why ED chose this method.  If someone knows the real reason the cockpit is configured this way - please comment. 

Sabre,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I didn't make a track file of the mission, and since it's completed I don't think I can do it again and make one without restarting the campaign, unless the program makes one that I don't know about.  I haven't installed TacView yet.

Also, in BFT05, the maneuvers mission, there is an issue.  During the initial climbout, I believe just after you  are told the hard deck is in effect, you are told that you missed a checklist item, that the Anti-Skid is still on.  Which obviously it should be.  You are then given your rating, which continues after you are given the turn to heading 040 at 6000 feet.  After the rating is given some music plays, then the mission continues.  However, once you land and shut down and call "Shutdown Complete" nothing happens, no further rating is given,  As it turns out you can't get a 100% on this one because you are given your rating in the air before you do all the maneuvers, and you had "missed" a checklist item.

I'm not complaining, just want you to know what might have changed after updates.  Thanks for your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

BFT08 Practice
Can't go practice mission, as it immediately sends me to debriefing screen with 50% result. With Qualification mission it's ok
BFT09
Seems another bug. At the very end of a track, you'll see, that I got a "terminate" message due to failed to maintain speed, but it was ok.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/niyoggmry3jtp1n/BFT09_Practice.trk?dl=0
UPD. Same thing in BFT09 Qual

Edited by Sforzando

36 minutes ago, Sforzando said:

BFT08 Practice
Can't go practice mission, as it immediately sends me to debriefing screen with 50% result. With Qualification mission it's ok
BFT09
Seems another bug. At the very end of a track, you'll see, that I got a "terminate" message due to failed to maintain speed, but it was ok.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/niyoggmry3jtp1n/BFT09_Practice.trk?dl=0

same. I posted my track in the bugs thread.

Edited by TroonYaDig
added link