[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

ahh yes im using unlimited ammo. Thanks.

Funny though firing gun in huey does produce rumble with unlimited ammo.

It depends on the data DCS provides to SSA. I don't know how Belsimtek implemented unlimited ammo for the Huey.

Is there a way to prevent settings getting reset every upgrade?
I think the best is when everyting is set, do a export.

And after every update import the file back

There is a export/import at the menu

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Wait... The settings should be 'saved' and reused after an update.

@all: Please report all instances when your settings database gets recreated.

In the current version, SSA stores the data in user documents and thus is easier to manage.

However, as _schepper_ said, it is always a good idea to export/backup you settings from time to time!.

I agree with Miller. Im really confused on what extra features and content the Sound Module unlocks? Is it possible for you to provide a feature set of what is gained by purchasing it and adding it into the setup with SimShaker Aviators?

Is anyone else here having this issue? SimShaker for Aviators seems to be working just fine without the Sound Module. Did anyone here purchase the SoundModule and receive any additional benefits that would justify the purchase?

Thanks!

Is anyone else here having this issue? SimShaker for Aviators seems to be working just fine without the Sound Module. Did anyone here purchase the SoundModule and receive any additional benefits that would justify the purchase?

Thanks!

It seems to be pretty logical if base software (SSA) works fine without a particular add-on (Sound Module) activated.

Sound Module is designed to provide output to bass-shakers, not JetSeats.

If anyone use Sound Module activated without a licence key that's not legal, since Sound Module add-on is not a freeware.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems to be pretty logical if base software (SSA) works fine without a particular add-on (Sound Module) activated.

Sound Module is designed to provide output to bass-shakers, not JetSeats.

If anyone use Sound Module activated without a licence key that's not legal, since Sound Module add-on is not a freeware.

Hey I think I'm getting that bug again where when I crash simshakers crashes DCS!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Roadmap 2018

Dear SSA users,

I like to share with you the current roadmap of SSA for this year. Currently it looks quite short but my PHD thesis still takes most of my time ;) Hopefully I'll finish till the summer...

Roadmap 2018

Separation of SSA and SoundModule

In the near future, the payware SoundModule will not be include in SSA anymore. It will be a separate installation. This is a logical step in separating payware and freeware software. However, a bird told me that there will be a massive overhaul for SoundModule users. Especially for those with more than one shaker ;-). So stay tuned…

New user interface

The current user interface works but it’s rather complicated. I really like to come up with something new but therefore I need your feedback. Please share ideas or mockups with me :). The new user interface should provide some kind of feedback which effect are active. Further, I like to add a way to preview effects.

These are the big things (at the moment), of course, I try to integrate new DCS modules upon release. The F18 seems to be the next module… In addition, I like to rework the prop effect. I've already implemented a new prop effect for X-Plane and the feedback is quite good. The next step would be to enable it in DCS for testing… Any many more tweaks ;-)

Thanks to all who supported me in the last year either with feedback, bug reports or donations!

Cheers

Olaf

This sounds great. I am looking forward for multiple Shaker support as I have 6.. 2 Front(pedals), 2 Back(chair), and 2 hotas.

Being able to test a configuration also sounds fantastic. Currently having to adjust levels while flying is cumbersome. For this feature I would suggest a test frequency slider to test some repeating sound effects like ground bumps, engine rumble, Etc.. You could adjust the frequency to stimulate engine rpm or ground speed.

Good luck on this project!

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

I recently lost the cannon rumble in the A-10C. Everything else seems to work fine. I believe this happened after running DCS repair. My SimShaker license is good, unlimited ammo is off, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SimShaker but no joy. Any ideas?

This program is great btw.. I love having my teeth chatter when I BRRRRT!! Great work!

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

I recently lost the cannon rumble in the A-10C. Everything else seems to work fine. I believe this happened after running DCS repair. My SimShaker license is good, unlimited ammo is off, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SimShaker but no joy. Any ideas?

This program is great btw.. I love having my teeth chatter when I BRRRRT!! Great work!

Usually, unlimited ammo is the issue... Could you test with another plane? And make your unlimited ammo is really off ;)

Can you give me some more information? Do you get a error message?

Sorry forgot this thread as it doesn't happen very often but it happened once last night when I flew a plane into the ground hard. Didn't realize what had happened at first because I got a steam VR loading screen, and couldn't work out why, but then realized my jet seat had stopped working. Its not a huge problem but something to look into I guess...

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Usually, unlimited ammo is the issue... Could you test with another plane? And make your unlimited ammo is really off ;)

It was a strange one. Other planes worked fine. I found that in the A-10C if I flew below 2500 ft the cannon rumble would work- above that would not. I decided to completely remove and reinstall DCS and SimShaker and all is well again. Not sure what I had goofed up but we are good now. Thank you! :joystick:

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

Sorry forgot this thread as it doesn't happen very often but it happened once last night when I flew a plane into the ground hard. Didn't realize what had happened at first because I got a steam VR loading screen, and couldn't work out why, but then realized my jet seat had stopped working. Its not a huge problem but something to look into I guess...

Did you connect the seat via an USB hub to the computer? Some users reported, that they tried another USB port and their issues were gone...

Did you connect the seat via an USB hub to the computer? Some users reported, that they tried another USB port and their issues were gone...

Yes I have been using a USB hub, is it better to connect it directly to the computer?

------------

I still using the beta sim shaker version and I was just using guns in the A10c last night. Didn't notice any issue with the rumble from the BRRRRT! I recommend trying another USB port and reinstalling the software. Or check the settings and set them back to default..clear your plane profiles and when dcs launches the sim shaker should pick the right profile for the aircraft again.

Edit: Just saw it was mentioned that the seat is connected to a hub. If it's not a powered USB hub try connecting directly to the PC. Mine is hooked into the front USB ports on my PC.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Beta version 1.0.2.0 is released. Please take attention that the SoundModule is now a separate installation! You can download it from:

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

or

http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/simshaker-sm/beta/publish.html

Please give feedback if the separation went well...

Edited by f4l0

Problem with the new sound module

Hi,

The new sound module does not seem to support my particular sound output device (steinberg UR22 = USB device). It´s there as an option to select, but when I select it I get the following error message (after restart of the software):

"Thank you for using SimShaker software!

Visit me at https://andres.shop to find more interesting offers!

Happy flying :)

21:27:0.89 beta SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.0

21:27:0.237 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device.Can't find a supported format to use"

Other sound output options do not give this error message.

It used to work just fine in all previous versions. Is there a fix for this?

Also, on a more SSA related topic, I noticed that with the spitfire there is shaking going on even when the aircraft is off. Haven´t read this thread in a while, don´t know if it´s a known issue.

As always thanks for your efforts.

cheers,

Geert

Hey geert,

please contact Andre regarding the SoundModule. It's not developed by me...

Regarding the Spitfire, which effect is running? Can you give some more details?

Cheers

I saw last night, in the Huey, that for some reason sometimes when taking off, the ground bumps effect keeps happening even though you have taken off and are flying around. Even at say 100m height, you can feel how the effect is related to your speed. Feels like when the planes taxi on the runway. It sounds like that might be what geert is also getting.

I will test tonight and try to find a way to reproduce the issue. I think it has something to do with taking off with a high horizontal speed, but low vertical speed. (Basically pulling up slowly when taking off.)

Cant remember the exact effect names, but its both of the effects that should happen when contacting the ground (In the Huey at least)

Cheers

Regarding the Spitfire, which effect is running? Can you give some more details?

Cheers

Even when I deselect all the available effect options, nothing changes and the effect continues. Only checking / unchecking the last effect (touchdown) gives an additional effect for like 1 sec. Strange thing is that in 2.2 (Normandy always and I believe NTTR too) this effect is always there, but in 2.5 there was one time in my brief testing that this effect was not active, it was the first time the spit was not shaking on cold start, however, my bass shakers are not working atm so I might be missing some stuff. I remember checking/unchecking all the effects at least once some time ago, and it didn´t change anything back then either.

Hope this helps a bit...

thanks