Squadron Directory - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 10:57 PM   #231
JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

VFA-113 STINGERS are proud to be part of the rebirth of VNAO. Here are the repurposed Teamspeak details for all new pilots looking to join VNAO and learn to fly carrier ops in VFA-103 Jolly Rogers:

Old 02-26-2018, 12:36 AM   #232
Operator515

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFS Relic View Post

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Five

Strike Fighter Squadron 27 "Royal Maces"

Strike Fighter Squadron 192 "Golden Dragons"

Strike Fighter Squadron 195 "Dambusters"

Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 12 "Golden Eagles"

Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron 77 "SaberHawks"

We are accepting applications very experienced and non experienced pilots. The group will be focused around the F/A-18C with 3 squadrons to fill. We also have 2 helicopter squadrons. Please visit our website for more information.

https://www.virtualcvw5.com/
bmp
Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #233
Nero.ger

i looked throu some squadrons information and some of you guys make it bloody hard to find informations about Timezones, usual player hours, what commitment you expect etc.
makes it impossible to find out if its right for one or not
Old 02-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #234
flycats2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero.ger View Post
i looked throu some squadrons information and some of you guys make it bloody hard to find informations about Timezones, usual player hours, what commitment you expect etc.
makes it impossible to find out if its right for one or not
Thank you Nero.ger! I have discovered the same frustrating issues. I don't know if it's just inexperience with marketing/advertising, or they don't know the information yet, or they simply want to compete with other "pretty" websites without detail. As a busy person I need to know specific flight times for missions and training. Not interested in random flying or pick-up flying but rather well planned and organized missions and/or training sessions.
System specs: WIN 7 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic
flycats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #235
JG3~Siggi

Maybe think of it as a test in itself, to see if you have an idea of commitment that motivates you to make suffcient contact such that you can ascertain the finer details.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:09 AM   #236
JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Good point guys, here’s a photograph of the VFA-113 Greenie Board with our flight schedule on it.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:26 AM   #237
MadMaxter

For VFA-103 we are very early in recruitment. Since I live and breathe in the Pacific Time Zone, all recruits should be able to make evenings in that time zone. As for what commitment? I expect that everyone's level of commitment is different depending on their real lives. However, going forward I would like to see pilots be able to fly at least twice a week. Training for fully mission capable carrier based operations in either the Tomcat or the Hornet is going to be demanding. All I ask for is a willingness to learn and a great attitude.

Come fly with us, and see if you like what we do. If you don't fit, we can part ways as friends and meet in the skies over the Strait of Hormuz. If you do fit, what an adventure we will have.

Best way to find out, is to fly.

Come see us on discord.
https://discord.gg/FSH8rFd

Last edited by MadMaxter; 03-04-2018 at 03:45 AM.
MadMaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #238
pmiceli

Default 475th Fighter Group

The 475th Fighter Group "Satan's Angels" is over two decades old. We started in box games then moved to MMOG's in their heyday in the 1990's and early 00's.

The 475FG is an historic fighter group that served in the Pacific theater in WWII flying P-38's. There are active USAF units that trace their lineage to the Satan's Angels.

Most of our members love the P-38 or at least tolerate the P-38 passion of the leadership of the group.

I am looking to expand the 475FG presence into DCS multiplayer. We offer some very experienced and talented Basic Fighter Maneuvers (BFM), Element Tactics, and Flight Tactics instructors with extensive virtual and real world flying and air combat experience.

We aren't interested in accurately simulating every detail of real world flying. We concentrate on the fight, not switch flipping and talking to ATC.

Our PRIMARY focus is teamwork driven operations.

We are gunfighters. While we may have operations in aircraft capable of carrying missiles, we will not be regular participants in missile training or operations. The reasons for this are twofold but not important other than an understanding that this is not a place to learn missile tactics.

So if you are interested in joining a group primarily flying WWII and Korea vintage aircraft that is highly experienced and willing to help you achieve proficiency in a teamwork environment we may be the group for you.

And you will be getting in on the ground floor of our DCS experience.

Our requirements are pretty simple. Be willing to learn and to help others learn. Every failure is an opportunity to improve but you must accept that you are responsible for each failure in order to learn from it.

We use Teamspeak primarily. We have developed our own tactical vocabulary based upon modern USAF terminology tailored to virtual flying. We will certainly teach it to you.

All experience levels are welcome. Brand new virtual pilot or grizzled DCS veteran, you will all find a home. We welcome the opportunity to learn from the experience you may already possess.

My primary DCS airframes are P-51, Bf-109K, F-86 and Mig-15 for the moment.

For an example of our operations in another title, checkout the video below.

I am not the videographer (Dobs). I go by dawger online.

Interested parties may PM me here.

pmiceli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #239
Burnhard

Here's some quality tips!

Here are some guidelines I've made, so that you don't waste your own or other's time when you're entering the world of online DCS flight simming.

Find a squadron/group that:
- has the same level of dedication as you do. If you're into casual ace combat style gaming, join a group with like-minded. If you're into next to real life simulation, with alot of dedication, training and preplanning, join a group with that mindset.
- shares the workload. Running a (hardcore simulation) squadron requires alot of work. You have mission making, trainings and planning of trainings, documents to be made and read and followed up upon etc. These tasks are actually very pleasant to do, when and only when, the workload is shared. Sharing the workload is imperative for running a sustainable community.
- makes you want to participate. This is all about fun. You're not getting paid to do this, neither is the rest of your community. We're all here to have fun. But what actually is fun is very individual. Be open about it! Some find goofing around, airspawning with friendly A2A dogfighting fun. Some find the realism of reading up on real life aircraft manuals of 6-700 pages fun, and knowing all the ins and outs of the aircraft. ASAP be open about your expectations and your planned level of dedication and contribution to the group
- Requires a level of dedication that fits with your real life commitments. Being an expert is king! But not if your marriage is falling apart or if you're wearing your Oculus Rift when your kids should be getting your attention. Real life comes first.
- Allows the fly your preferred airframe in an environment that you actually want to operate in. Are you into PVE or PVP or something in between? This choice of theatre of war has an immensly important role of how you're going to operate. If you'd like to drop bombs with the A10C from 20k ft, forget about it if the sky is skattered with enemy flankers.

Based on my own experiences, me personally have come to the conclusion that I want to be part of a team where we do proper (semirealistic) planning, stick to the plan, operate in a semirealistic environment, mostly PVE as a striker (AJS37, SA342, A10C), and where we all share the workload, and have a high attendance rate, with mandatory 1 event per week, but often attend two or three.

You might come to other conlusions. Chose a fellowship that suits your needs, and be a contributor, and you'll have lots and lots of fun!

- Burnhard
Old 03-05-2018, 02:47 AM   #240
ST0RM

ST0RM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
689th tactical group, comunity, roster, squadron, training