Searching Forums

Rocky49

I have a problem doing searches. For example...if I try to search for news of New patch 1.1.0.9 I get nothing found...How is that possible? I know that Wags made a post on that so what am I missing?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Because in his post it reads 1109, not 1.1.0.9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1221994&postcount=19

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

mvsgas:

When I just tried a search, knowing that Wags was the author and using 1009 I get a nothing found response...So my question is, what do I need to put on my search line to get positive searches...I go crazy trying to find information on this Website...I can never find the info I am looking for, I can not find a post that outlines the search methods to be used either. So I would appreciate someone steering me to a tutorial on searching this site.

Thank-you

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hi Rocky. When you search for 1109, how many threads are listed in the results?

I get almost 20, including yours. Happy to help if I can

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

late:

if I search the entire site I get 20 plus but if I search just dcs a-10c I only get this thread.

It's because the update on 1109 isn't in the DCS section. It's in the Updates section, so you need to search the entire site.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

rehtnap:

just did a search that included update thread....no hits

I tried searching on google and appending this forum and it does work but is a little combersome...however the advantage is other sites with good info also pop up so that would be a plus....I am trying to only use the advanced search feature because at least i can control some of the perimiters in the search....Also, I get annoyed by the people who always reply to a post asking a question with RTFM and Search the Forums. I have read the manual but their are too many assumptions within the manual that you understand all of the preceeding pages of the manual which I don't and as this thread says I have a problem using the inhouse search engine. I guess my age is showing (62) but I for the first time in my Flight Simming life I just don't always get the concept by reading the manual.....I really like the tutorial Training System used in past sims by ED. I know that they have some Tutorials in this sim but really they need to cover more of the advanced features on the CDU, JTAC. The Weapons Tutorials and basic flight ones are good too...(although as a 20 plus year simmer not too necessary for me):music_whistling:

Must also shout out to Tyger Headspace and others that have produced excellent Videos that have also turned on a few lightbulbs for me.:thumbup:

Thanks for the help guys and I will keep trying to absorb the info from these forums and plug away at the manual.:)

I just did a search to make sure I'm not an idiot. As I don't like telling someone how to do something if it doesn't work. Makes me feel like an idiot.

Anyway, I opened the Advanced Search, selected Search all Open Forums, typed in 1109, everything else was default. I got 19 hits with one from Wags on Official Updates which includes information on 1109.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1221994&highlight=1109#post1221994

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

rehtnap

I see where my search went wrong...used 1009 :doh:...you did read further when I admitted I am 62 :D...chock it up to a senior's moment......in any event I do think it is hard to find specific information in the ED forums

The issue with searches and I have feel victim to it, is you have to know what to look for. I may have an issue and searched the forums for that issue and found nothing. So I make a post about the issue and several may point me to an existing thread of the issue. The problem is you really need to think about what 'key words' to use. My best advice is don't take offense when someone gives you a link, chock up it up as a bad key word search and continue on flying the ugly hog.

~Panther

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rehtnap:

I hear you......It is hard to get a good "lock" on the appropriate phrase that finds the answers we look for (although getting a lock within the Mav's in this sim can also be tough, what's with the mode change, at least for me) As I ranted on about, I think that ED should consider more Tutorials about the more complex issues with this great study sim. I am the product of a Government training education ( Ex military, retired RCMP) and I like a training regimen that has a " show and tell" aspect like the Tutorials. My son is now a Doctor and his whole training is based on that principal...so if you can learn to open up a heart and fix it by step by step watching it should be good enough, as it is with the US Air Force training their pilots. To think that we can learn the systems from simply reading the manual and then getting (sometimes) input from the forum from fellow trainees doesn't seem like the best way to go...maybe it's a money issue, I don't know but I do know it is tough for an old (er) workhorse like myself...pity mode off:noexpression:

Don't worry, it's a tough process, learning the sim from the beginning, for all ages! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• 8 years later...

Is there any form of Boolean input in advanced search? I can see all inputs with more keywords are treated as .OR., I just need to make search with .AND. operator :(

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)