ASM for FC3 russian aircrafts

cmeliak

Hello ED

just simple question, any plans to implement advanced systems modeling / clickable cockpit for FC3 module aircrafts?

These are the core and history of this simulator :), we should not forget to refurbish these and bring to the latest technologies used here.

Thank you

cmeliak

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

This is seemingly asked every day, and for Russian aircraft the answer is definitely not due to legal issues with the Russian government.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

#1 FC3 aircraft are not intended for full modeling, and thus will never receive it on their own. Full stop.

#2 If you're asking if any of the aircraft featured in FC3 may someday be the basis of a full module, the answer is "probably". The A-10 (albeit C variant) is available, afterall. F-15 is a likely subject sooner or later, as well (the E Strike Eagle variant is being worked on by RazBam).

#3 For Russian aircraft, ED is unlikely to do it themselves as they reside in Russia and the government there complicates some things. It is more likely a 3rd party developer like RazBam, Heatblur, etc etc will make such a thing as they live outside the country and are less likely to have to deal with "politics".

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I agree with Kengou that Russian MOD may not have so much to do with it. Obviously no 35 MiG or Sukhois but I bet OG vanilla and SM and 29K might be possible.

The Brits are supposedly also very secretive, and VEAO was able to agree with them to do Eurofighter! Tranche 1 of course, but it’s VEAO, like what the hell convinced them??? Maybe they played the Hawk and realized there was nothing to worry about as far as fidelity!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

They are not investing in WW2 soviets aircrafts either, also they are not trying to make a map to justify the soviets WW2 battles against the best Luftwaffe pilots the majority were shot-down in the East-front. this is the best proof you can see is nothing to do with Russian government as they are mention above. They are not investing in nothing about Russian hardware because they just are not interesting for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

really pitty, i love to fly russian planes. my question really was about to update russian planes.

but ka50 is up to date and wondefull so dont understand ... but ok. i will have to fly that capitalistic scrap from time to time ...

thank you for information guys

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

The usual story that gets told here when someone says “but Ka-50 is modern” is that it was before the military technology and information law got passed and that the Russian MOD was unprepared for how detailed it was and taken off guard and decided to stop it. Whether that’s a tall tale or not who knows

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

well OK, on the other hand if there is some Russian law to restrict these information, we have no chance to change something. We can only respect it. On the other hand, capitalistic planes on FC3 is an old scrap. 50 years old steel, so ...

OK, makes no sense to write anything else here :(

NATO aircraft? Yes, I'd be surprised if we don't get some sort of F-15C in the fullness of time.

Russian aircraft? Probably not, due both to the classification of aircraft still in use with the VKS and also an economic argument - it appears that the majority of private citizens who are customers of ED favour western aircraft types, therefore not justifying the cost of developing full fidelity modern Russian aircraft.

Personally I'd love to have a DCS: Su-27SM but I understand that sadly this will probably never happen.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Whether this is baseless or not I think it's simply to down to any eastern aircraft being less financially viable than NATO aircraft.

In terms of WW2 all the most iconic aircraft are american, british or german built. Hardly a surprise considering the doctrine the russian aircraft design of the era. Not a surprise they are putting a huge investment in developing modules that probably have a significantly higher fan base (= more sales).

Now put that in modern context, even if by a smaller margin I still expect NATO aircraft have a bigger fanbase and more often than not these people have also significantly better circumstances to be able to afford such "luxury" as buying a simulation software and equipment for it, not to mention the time spent. In comparison I hear some communities in China / Serbia / etc. still flying 1.5 or FC2 because they cannot afford the hardware for current DCS..

Obviously this is just a general feeling and I don't have data, but I'm quite certain ED does on what's a good financial investment and what's just an unnecessarily high risk.

On another note, stating that a certain development path is impossible due to legal limitations saves them a lot of harassment (or not, so it seems, hence these threads) over stating it won't be done due to financial reasons.

In terms of WW2 all the most iconic aircraft are american' date=' british or german built.[/quote']

Its funny because it was the russian birds who wins the war :)

and the most iconic plane of WW2 was ... the IL2 Sturmovick "the black death".

I think FC3 shouldn't "be turned into" clicky planes. They should stay as they are, and if a clicky version is made, it should be a completely separate one. FC3 is a good entry level simulation for DCS and entirely replacing an FC3 plane with a clicky one is a can of worms.

However I agree with some of the previous posts, ED won't make a modern russian fighter because they can't or aren't willing to. Any western plane will surely sell way more, and making a russian plane could be difficult from a bureaucratic PoV, it just wouldn't be worth the time. Why are they making an Mi-24 then? I have no answer, but maybe that's just what the helo team can do atm.

This is how I think it goes, and is kind of sad. But we can't blame them for trying to make money, they have a business to run and a game to support. If they want to keep working on the base game (which is much needed) then they will need that money. I'm hoping their new module is a russian bird, but I honestly don't see it happening any time soon

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I think FC3 shouldn't "be turned into" clicky planes. They should stay as they are, and if a clicky version is made, it should be a completely separate one. FC3 is a good entry level simulation for DCS and entirely replacing an FC3 plane with a clicky one is a can of worms.

I agree, any Russian plane from FC3 should sell with the same price tag and as separate modules as a F16/F18 as long the share the same amount of "realism" and module characteristics.

I guess only ED knows for sure why aren't Mig29/Su27 in the making.

I am not sure I get the argument this and this sells better.

Yes, viper will outsell everything, but also it requires a substantial effort due to complex systems and their integration trough DEDs UFC and MFDs... complex pod and X*2 amount of different weapons... etc

On the other hand making a Fulcrum basic pre-select radio, single radar display with limited options, 3 nav point INS, and 3 preset CMs is way way less effort... and with excellent 3D model, animated cockpit and PFM they are already more then halfway there...

the Viper would sell 10x more but is also 30x the time and effort to build and the community is craving for a 4th gen RedFor Fighter.

Also we should stop the self-defeating attitude of it can't be done, its not on us as community to say what ED can and can not do.

On us as community is to ask nicely and politely and sooner or later we shell receive.

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Whether this is baseless or not I think it's simply to down to any eastern aircraft being less financially viable than NATO aircraft.

It's a self fulfilling prophesy - if they only make full DCS modules of blue fighters, then of course the blue fighters sell better.

Maybe they got their fingers burned with the L-39, but really - who in the West has heard of the L-39 except aviation nuts ?

Yes, high profile aircraft sell better - so model some Red high profile aircraft - Everyone in the West knows what an Su-27 or MiG-29 is.

In terms of WW2 all the most iconic aircraft are american' date=' british or german built. [/quote']

Fixed that:

In terms of WW2 all the most iconic Western aircraft are american' date=' british or german built. [/quote']

Now put that in modern context' date=' even if by a smaller margin I still expect NATO aircraft have a bigger fanbase and more often than not these people have also significantly better circumstances to be able to afford such "luxury" as buying a simulation software and equipment for it, not to mention the time spent. In comparison I hear some communities in China / Serbia / etc. still flying 1.5 or FC2 because they cannot afford the hardware for current DCS.[/quote']

Equally possible hypothesis - Nato planes are popular with Western fans, but not people in China / Russia / Serbia, and the only aircraft they're interestedin are available in LOMAC / FC2 / 1.5, so why pay to upgrade to enable modules that you have no interest in playing ?

Seems we have a lot more Chinese players now we have the J-11 & J-17...

On another note' date=' stating that a certain development path is impossible due to legal limitations saves them a lot of harassment (or not, so it seems, hence these threads) over stating it won't be done due to financial reasons.[/quote']

I think you're probably right about E.D.'s reticence being less about Govt approval & more about things they'd rather not argue about.

As I've said before - it wouldn't surprise me if part of it was they don't want the agro they'd get from the fanboys when a full fidelity Su-27S was flown out (& by fanboy I mean both Red and Blue)

Cheers.

It's a self fulfilling prophesy - if they only make full DCS modules of blue fighters, then of course the blue fighters sell better.

Indeed.

Yes, high profile aircraft sell better - so model some Red high profile aircraft - Everyone in the West knows what an Su-27 or MiG-29 is.

Yes but unfortunately ED has apparently decided that the success of FC3 isn't down to the presence of high profile "red aircraft", but rather is down to "casual player accessibility", so they make lo-fi versions of the existing blue aircraft for MAC.....and of course no full fidelity red fighter modules.

Yes but unfortunately ED has apparently decided that the success of FC3 isn't down to the presence of high profile "red aircraft", but rather is down to "casual player accessibility", so they make lo-fi versions of the existing blue aircraft for MAC.....and of course no full fidelity red fighter modules.

True, true.... I bought FC3 for the Eagle and even that icon didn't get ASM.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

True, true.... I bought FC3 for the Eagle and even that icon didn't get ASM.

Whereas I bought it for the Su-27, grew to love the Su-25, and never touched the A-10 till we started testing the A-10C, or the F-15 until we tested the PFM.

Cheers.