The UH-1H Huey Livery thread

diveplane

Strange....lol...I’ve just tried it on ob 2.5.6 and ok....normally if there’s a problem with the texture it shows as that weird yellow n black pattern.

Can you send me your files and I will test out here. No problem if you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, thanks.

I removed the alpha layer and the blades returned but look excessively wide. I'm going to play with the different alpha layers and see if I can dial it in.

I am wanting to have the top of the main rotors white and the bottom remain in black.

Thanks for pointing me to "{"uh1_rotor_alfa", 0, "uh_1_blade", false};" line. You are the man.

Edited by Mike Busutil

@mike Busutil

Don't know if my PMs are sending so I'll post here too.

Just been messing with the file.......saving as different dxt files and lining them all up.

Are you saving as dxt1? If so, try dxt5.

Still can't get them to disappear though. If you can make the rest of the chopper disappear then you'll have another CIA one

I fly on buddyspike blueflag Caucasus so I've submitted your Arctic one so we can use when it's snowing. Was fed-up with flying around in the snow in a green Huey.

I'll probably submit the desert one even though I don't fly Persian Gulf.

Hi Guys,

I've been reading along in the shadows & have a learnt of few things I didn't know.

Re: the skin and the texture not matching the panel lines etc.

I took some time a while ago to try a remedy the problem somewhat.

It's not a completed file & far from perfect but it's a start.

The files are in two parts on the DCS download section.

They are PDF's and there are several layers.

From the discussion I have seen here you all should be very able to use them.

Front Section

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305793/

Tail Section

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305794/

Also re: the rotor blades.

Firstly, I don't think you can get a different colour on the top or bottom or even a different colour on each blade. A shame, as I would like to do a skin that has one blade black and the other white.

If you need a reference for painting the blades check out another one of my skins.

It also shows a modified tail rotor.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303919/

If you're bored check out some other files I've done

helles belle

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Once upon a time there was a winter camo out that was not unlike the AH-1W white/green camo. Can someone remake this skin? Thats one of my all time favorites. Theres one in canadian, but Id like to see it in USMC markings instead.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Once upon a time there was a winter camo out that was not unlike the AH-1W white/green camo. Can someone remake this skin? Thats one of my all time favorites. Theres one in canadian, but Id like to see it in USMC markings instead.

Like this one

Winter Huey

LOL, just reread yrs Mike sry.

Edited by Helles Belle

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

WIP

Help me out with some ideas about insignia.

Markings, numbers, pilot patches etc

1968909265_UH-1HWinter1.thumb.jpg.9f264f326d8ff76f30bc3c8802aef681.jpg

image.jpeg

Like this one

Winter Huey

LOL, just reread yrs Mike sry.

more like this

3_24.jpg

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 4 weeks later...

All of my Huey skins have been updated and the black interior is now part of the skin file rather than a separate install. The black interior will now pass integrity checks in MP servers.

If you have one of my skins please re-download here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Mike%20Busutil&set_filter=Y

ZLruQPP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

WIP: 7 Flt AAC

Hi folks,

See below my WIP shots of British 7 Flight Army Air Corps. I started it yesterday evening from the official template and reference pics. Pics/info seemed more scarce than even I expected - not many people 'know' about these but I've loved the livery since I saw it as a kid. Whilst finding the best side-on shots to overlay, I actually found a couple in plain green with just the chevrons. It seems this was from when they were being repainted. As it's simple, I'll release a plain green one too (it's the base colour anyway).

Known issues with the pics:

1. It's a hybrid livery atm between the plain-green and full camo. The green won't have the orange engine, it's just helpful to paint it all now for scale/reference
  2. There are white panels by the engine - see below as I don't know how to change this. I'd like to keep them present, but in orange (maybe with Cobham logo), to make the engine a bit fatter like a 212 :thumbup:
  3. The medical cross on the starboard side shouldn't be there - deleting after this post!

attachment.php?attachmentid=233290&stc=1&d=1587467138

attachment.php?attachmentid=233291&stc=1&d=1587467192

attachment.php?attachmentid=233292&stc=1&d=1587467192

:helpsmilie: A couple of queries, though:

• The white panel by the engine - I have worked out where it is on the template, but when I colour it, it just disappears? How can I get this orange too (and maybe with a Cobham logo)?
  • It seems something has gone wrong with a map file somewhere (no idea though, haven't touched one yet!). From pic 3 it seems the recesses and bumps don't line up with the texture. It's worst near the roundel. Any ideas?
  • I'd quite like to implement dynamic letters/numbers rather than painting them on for the whole fleet. Hopefully the entire reg number and/or the ID letters on the tail and nose. Any advice around this?

If this goes well, I might have a shot at an RAF 84sqn (grey/orange/white) skin - it's another one I haven't found yet. I appreciate it's a 412, but hey, this is supposed to be a 212 and it's the best we're going to get! Plenty of DHFS ones so I'll probably leave that skin be :)

P.S. - If someone actually wants to do this instead of me then for goodness sake please do...put me out of my misery with my potato painting skills :music_whistling:

InterimSkin.thumb.jpg.1898baeb47d3b6504ee36212ab4add3f.jpg

UndersideChevrons.thumb.jpg.b329e810486e276fc29e782566426868.jpg

127780405_MapIssue.thumb.jpg.8abf09a522a68eb28bf1d5a43652f511.jpg

Edited by DHesquire

System

Monitor: RoG SWIFT PG349Q | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X | RAM: 16GB Corsair CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 | GPU: RoG STRIX GeForce 1080Ti | SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB | HDD: 2x 1TB WD 10k Velociraptor (RAID0)

Modules

DCS World: | BS2 | A10C | CA | UH1 | Mi8 | FC3 | HT1 | L39 | SA342 | F5E | M2K | NTTR | AJS37 | AV8B | F18 | PG | C101 | F16 | SC | A4E | MB339 | Falcon 4: BMS | FSX:SE

Hi DHesquire,

I don't have all the answers & I am far from the expert but:

The white panel by the engine - I have worked out where it is on the template, but when I colour it, it just disappears?

The white engine cover is actually in a seperate file, named something like uh1_cover.dds

If you download a skin that has one painted already you can find the file in there.

I've linked one of mine below as an example - ARRS 301st Rescue.

Note: one of the panels is reversed so you will need to paint whatever design backwards (can't remember which panel)

How can I get this orange too (and maybe with a Cobham logo)?

Check the LUA file, if you do download the skin I linked the lua file will point to the 'new' cover design.

It seems something has gone wrong with a map file somewhere (no idea though, haven't touched one yet!). From pic 3 it seems the recesses and bumps don't line up with the texture. It's worst near the roundel. Any ideas?

Yep, it is disappointing that the original template has not been updated to match the model.

I got sick of this after a while and did my best to clean it up.

Check out the two PSD templates that I posted on DCS download centre.

I've tried to match the panel lines with the model so it gets rid of that horrible mismatch.

You will need to download both Part 1 & Part 2.

Part 1 also has the cover PSD.

All you'll nee to do is paint and save the files as DDS.

Tip: just save them directly over the files in the skin that you download, that way the LUA file should be all done for you.

I'd quite like to implement dynamic letters/numbers rather than painting them on for the whole fleet. Hopefully the entire reg number and/or the ID letters on the tail and nose. Any advice around this?

Can't help with this one as I always just paint what I want, but I'm sure it's possible.

Hopefully someone else can jump in with help on this

Part 1: Huey Template

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305793/

Part 2: Huey Template

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305794/

ARRS 301st Rescue Skin

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303920/

image.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hey there, any of those talended skin makers up for a really nice UH-1 skin? I love the look of those Canadian Griffon helicopters that were used for the peacekeeping missions in Mali. Maybe one of the creators of the existing Canadian liveries can add those improvised UN markings and the desert flight suits?

rcaf_griffon_492_mali.jpg

A lot of pictures of the skins can be found here:

https://www.helis.com/database/sqd/Canada-Air-Task-Force-Mali/photos

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I wonder if someone could help me. There is an RCAF skin built into DCS, but the pilot models that come with it are generic (no patches or anything).

I'd like to edit those to add Canadian patches, but the Huey seems to have a different file layout for liveries. Anyone know where the file is that I can edit to edit this specific livery's pilot models?

Nevermind - found it!

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h\Canadian Force

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

5 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

RMPRM261.jpg

with pod.jpg

no pod.jpg

PC.jpg

PILOT COPILOT.jpg

Ahhhhh I recognize those guys! Love it!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2