FCS Logic changes?

Lennoxonnell

Did something change with the FCS? In landing configuration, the Hornet behaves more like the Viper, now. I no longer need to trim for on-speed AoA at all... The only comparison I can draw is the Viper. It literally feels like it's using the Viper's FLCS logic.

Is this intended, or a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

EDIT: This seems like it's just me. I'm gonna repair my game and check all my binds

Edited by Lennoxonnell

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz | GTX 960 | 16gb Crucial Ballistix

F/A-18C | Ka-50 | FC3 | A-10C | P-51D | UH-1H

Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't experience any changes whatsoever

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I didn't notice any difference from 2.5.5 but I remember a few updates ago the pitch trim seemed to be a bit faster. Well, if you start trimming before the VV begins to drop, you don't really get any feedback until you're close to on-speed. When the VV drops and you catch it with power then you'll find out if you held the trim for too long or not enough and have to fine tune to be in the middle of the bracket... and before you know it you're past 180:noexpression: unless the break was initiated around 1nm past the bow or further.

Never touched any pitch trim buttons ever. Carrier take-offs always straight, landings always neutral pitch with VV in E. Heavy, light, whatever, since early 2019.

For some people it may be hard to quit. If you feel the urge, maybe play with the volume controls.

Edited by Preendog

Seriouspost, there may be reasons to trim the F-18:

-You don't like the pitch-up moment when you are climbing. It is strange if you are used to mechanical planes. It really weirded me out at first that the plane wants to pitch up while climbing and actually slowing down.

-You're accustomed to constantly holding the stick forward a little.

-The flaps down pitch-up unnerves you and moving the stick forward is not precise enough.

-Your joystick input is not centered and you have to trim out the error whenever you change speed. I suspect this is the case for a lot of people that trim.

Did something change with the FCS? In landing configuration, the Hornet behaves more like the Viper, now. I no longer need to trim for on-speed AoA at all... The only comparison I can draw is the Viper. It literally feels like it's using the Viper's FLCS logic.

Is this intended, or a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

EDIT: This seems like it's just me. I'm gonna repair my game and check all my binds

You know, you might have a point. I've just made couple of case1 traps. Once I slowed down to around 150 knots on downwind the power response, bank/rate of turn, trimming seems "weird".

It did remind me of a Viper. I flew it a lot in other sims. Or... you could've planted this in my head with your observations.:D j/k